ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing the start date of new employment with Tier 2 General visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

uktier2applicant111
Newly Registered
India

Changing the start date of new employment with Tier 2 General visa

Post by uktier2applicant111 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:10 pm

Hi,

Recently I have been offered new job with new employer under Tier 2 General visa.
I have already applied for Tier 2 General - Change of employment under priority category.
The start date as per new CoS from new employer is not allowing me to complete the full notice period with current employer which is 1 month.
In this forum I also read that we can legally work for current employer till the start date of new visa.
Is there any way to amend the start date of new visa so that I can complete my notice period with current employer?
Any useful info in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks.

tristanintheuk
India

Re: Changing the start date of new employment with Tier 2 General visa

Post by tristanintheuk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:16 pm

uktier2applicant111 wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:10 pm
Hi,

Recently I have been offered new job with new employer under Tier 2 General visa.
I have already applied for Tier 2 General - Change of employment under priority category.
The start date as per new CoS from new employer is not allowing me to complete the full notice period with current employer which is 1 month.
In this forum I also read that we can legally work for current employer till the start date of new visa.
Is there any way to amend the start date of new visa so that I can complete my notice period with current employer?
Any useful info in this regard is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Hi, my friend has very similar situation with you. My friend has already obtained his BRP and want to change the start date in order to serve the notice period for his current employer. Have you find out what should do?

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:10 pm

You just need to ask your new employer to add a note on their Sponsor Management System with the new start date. The new start date should not be more than 28 days from the start date stated on the CoS, or the issue date of the new BRP, whichever is later.

tristanintheuk
India

Post by tristanintheuk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm

UKLL wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:10 pm
You just need to ask your new employer to add a note on their Sponsor Management System with the new start date. The new start date should not be more than 28 days from the start date stated on the CoS, or the issue date of the new BRP, whichever is later.
Is this applicable for scenarios after the BRP has been granted?

It seems that sponsor may only be able to add note before the CoS is used.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Post by UKLL » Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:06 am

tristanintheuk wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:22 pm
UKLL wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:10 pm
Is this applicable for scenarios after the BRP has been granted?

It seems that sponsor may only be able to add note before the CoS is used.
I think they can add a note whenever they want to

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:02 am

@ tristanintheuk - kindly refrain from tagging onto all other posts/topics you find.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.