ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Choosen different visa category on TLS site?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Bolivar

Choosen different visa category on TLS site?

Post by Bolivar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:16 pm

Hi guys i applied T4 dependant visa for my wife i finished and reserve an appointment on TLS but i choose Family visitor more than 6 months should i do anything my appointment on Thursday i thought no problem because i filled form correctly on Visa4UK. What should i do...?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Choosen different visa category on TLS site?

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:09 pm

It might be a problem as it is a completely different visa category and set of rules. Visitor visas also do not have the Immigration Health Surcharge payable whereas tier 4 student visas must pay it

I am sure there is also a price difference in the two different visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm

You have applied for the wrong type of visa. I advise your wife abandons this application and that she appliey again for the correct one.

Maybe you should leave it to your wife to apply for her own visa!
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:11 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:09 pm
It might be a problem as it is a completely different visa category and set of rules. Visitor visas also do not have the Immigration Health Surcharge payable whereas tier 4 student visas must pay it

I am sure there is also a price difference in the two different visas.
Hi i think i wrote it wrongly because i filled all the form on the Uk4Visa Web-Site correctly. I Paid my IHS correctly because after application they asked me course start and end dates then they calculate it because i continue as step by step.

When you finish your application you have to make an appointment on TLS Contact Web Site and you have to use your GWF number i did it but when i open page i didnt see Dependant visa category also i seen Family Visitor>6 so i choosen this and make an appointment our application form is definetly correct which one will go to Decision Officer. When i make appointment i remember that i saw 'if you select wrong type visa for your appointment probably will wasting your time at contact centre'

Bolivar

Post by Bolivar » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm
You have applied for the wrong type of visa. I advise your wife abandons this application and that she appliey again for the correct one.

No i applied true visa. On Visa4UK Web site you can apply for Marriage Visitor visa so i did it correctly. I just make an appointment for wrong type of visa because i didnt see any type of dependant visa on TLS Contact web site i hope they will fix it on Thursday should i go there then notice them? What you advice to me? Because when i sign declaration after i redirecting to TLS Contact web site after IHS payment and another ones then i choose this visa type i dont know why but i was searching for 15 min and didnt find anything about dependant visa so that's why i choose this.

ash2018
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by ash2018 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi, did u finally submit the dependent visa application while mentioning family visitor type on the TLS site? Was there any issue?

ash2018
Newly Registered
Mauritius

Post by ash2018 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:30 am

Bolivar wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:14 pm
sah10406 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:37 pm

No i applied true visa. On Visa4UK Web site you can apply for Marriage Visitor visa so i did it correctly. I just make an appointment for wrong type of visa because i didnt see any type of dependant visa on TLS Contact web site i hope they will fix it on Thursday should i go there then notice them? What you advice to me? Because when i sign declaration after i redirecting to TLS Contact web site after IHS payment and another ones then i choose this visa type i dont know why but i was searching for 15 min and didnt find anything about dependant visa so that's why i choose this.
Hi, did u finally submit the dependent visa application while mentioning family visitor type on the TLS site? Was there any issue?