ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming 30 hours Childcare for 3 year old - One Parent got ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

phill
Newly Registered

Claiming 30 hours Childcare for 3 year old - One Parent got ILR

Post by phill » Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:23 pm

Dear Team,
This is my scenario:
1. I got ILR recently
2. Child is now BC (through MN1 JCAP application)
3. Wife is still on Tier-2 Dependent VISA (due to 5 years residency requirements)

So, the question is, if my wife works at least the National Minimum Wage or Living Wage for 16 hours a week - this is £125.28,

1. Can I claim 30 hours childcare benefit for our 3 year old child?
2. Will this affect my wife's Tier 2 extension application later this year and ILR application next year?

Thanks in Advance.

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Claiming 30 hours Childcare for 3 year old - One Parent got ILR

Post by Djsuccess » Sun Jul 01, 2018 1:23 pm

phill wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:23 pm
Dear Team,
This is my scenario:
1. I got ILR recently
2. Child is now BC (through MN1 JCAP application)
3. Wife is still on Tier-2 Dependent VISA (due to 5 years residency requirements)

So, the question is, if my wife works at least the National Minimum Wage or Living Wage for 16 hours a week - this is £125.28,

1. Can I claim 30 hours childcare benefit for our 3 year old child?
2. Will this affect my wife's Tier 2 extension application later this year and ILR application next year?

Thanks in Advance.
Here is one of the conditions,
you are not qualified if you’re from outside the EEA and your UK residence card says you cannot access public funds.
Your wife's BRP would have said no recourse to public found. So she's not qualified to take the 30 hours childcare. If I remember clearly, both parents must on ILR or Citizenship to qualify for the 30 hours.
I'm not sure if the fact that the child is a citizen will change the eligibility. You might want to speak with appropriate authority for confirmation.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.