ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non EU Spouse with UK resident car traveling with EEA family member to France?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mehdiange
Newly Registered
Algeria

Non EU Spouse with UK resident car traveling with EEA family member to France?

Post by mehdiange » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 pm

My wife is an Non EU with UK resident card, however, we are planing to go together to France for a weekend.

Does my wife require a visa to enter France? or can she just go with her resident card??

i look forward to hearing your responses

Many Thanks

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Non EU Spouse with UK resident car traveling with EEA family member to France?

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:00 pm

She needs a visa.

https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/lon/page.php?pid=docs

If you are British, she can and should apply as Family member of a EU/EEA/Swiss citizen.
mehdiange wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:13 pm
My wife is an Non EU with UK resident card, however, we are planing to go together to France for a weekend.

Does my wife require a visa to enter France? or can she just go with her resident card??

Many Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Non EU Spouse with UK resident car traveling with EEA family member to France?

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:02 pm

Caravel88 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:00 pm
She needs a visa.

If you are British, she can and should apply as Family member of a EU/EEA/Swiss citizen.
mehdiange wrote:

Many Thanks
OP appears to be an EU citizen based on previous posts in the EEA FP Sheffield section topic.

eea-route-applications/sheffield-visa-s ... l#p1575146
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:17 pm

Brilliant. Well spotted :)

In that case:

OP's spouse can travel with the OP visa-free IF their UK Residence permit literally bears the following wording:

a) Residence Card of a Family Member of an EEA National (endorsed in passport)
b) Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen (biometrics card)
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:02 pm
Caravel88 wrote:
She needs a visa.

mehdiange wrote:

Many Thanks
OP appears to be an EU citizen based on previous posts in the EEA FP Sheffield section topic.

mehdiange
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by mehdiange » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:25 pm

Caravel88 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:17 pm

In that case:

OP's spouse can travel with the OP visa-free IF their UK Residence permit literally bears the following wording:

CR001 wrote:
Caravel88 wrote:
She needs a visa.

mehdiange wrote:

Many Thanks

Thank you for your response,

I am french national EEA and my wife is from north africa, she has resident card of a family member of EEA National ( biometric card ) so she doesn't need visa to enter france or does she ??

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 pm

If it says Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen you do not need it as I said in the previous post.
mehdiange wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:25 pm
Caravel88 wrote:

In that case:

CR001 wrote:
Caravel88 wrote:
She needs a visa.

I am french national EEA and my wife is from north africa, she has resident card of a family member of EEA National ( biometric card ) so she doesn't need visa to enter france or does she ??

mehdiange
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by mehdiange » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:45 am

Caravel88 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:37 pm
If it says Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen you do not need it as I said in the previous post.
mehdiange wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:25 pm
Caravel88 wrote:

In that case:

CR001 wrote:

Yes it does say on the resident card , Family member of EU residence.

Great Thank your for your advise

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:00 pm

Attention!

France might not consider "EU family member" family members of FRENCH citizens, as they told me when I enquired some months ago:

Thank you for your enquiry.

If you are married and your spouse is a British/EU (except French citizen) passport holder, please refer to the following information:
Please be advised that family members (spouse, dependent children under the age of 21 or financially dependent parent) of British/EU National(except French citizens) do not require visa to travel to France if:
1--The British valid UK residency card stated exact wording “Family Member of an EEA national”
2-- And, they are either traveling with their EU relatives(except French citizens) or meeting them in France.
If you fail to meet any of these criteria, you do require a visa to travel to France. For example, if you have a Permanent/Indefinite Leave to Remain/Spouse/Settlement Residence Permit card, you need to apply a visa in order to to enter France.

mehdiange
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by mehdiange » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:57 am

dan1988uk wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:00 pm
Attention!

France might not consider "EU family member" family members of FRENCH citizens, as they told me when I enquired some months ago:

If you are married and your spouse is a British/EU (except French citizen) passport holder, please refer to the following information:
Please be advised that family members (spouse, dependent children under the age of 21 or financially dependent parent) of British/EU National(except French citizens) do not require visa to travel to France if:
1--The British valid UK residency card stated exact wording “Family Member of an EEA national”
2-- And, they are either traveling with their EU relatives(except French citizens) or meeting them in France.
If you fail to meet any of these criteria, you do require a visa to travel to France. For example, if you have a Permanent/Indefinite Leave to Remain/Spouse/Settlement Residence Permit card, you need to apply a visa in order to to enter France.
Thank you for your message,

i have confirmed with the french consulate that my wife do NOT need Visa to enter France, as my wife holds UK resident card stating family member of EU residence, however, she needs to be accompanied by me , her husband who is an EEA citizen ( french ).

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:59 am

She could travel alone as long as she is going to meet you there at some point as well. Entry together is not a must. She just can not travel all alone for a personal voyage.
mehdiange wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:57 am
dan1988uk wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:00 pm
Attention!

Thank you for your message,

i have confirmed with the french consulate that my wife do NOT need Visa to enter France, as my wife holds UK resident card stating family member of EU residence, however, she needs to be accompanied by me , her husband who is an EEA citizen ( french ).