ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC application earliest time and NDRS

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

n8net
- thin ice -

Re: BC application earliest time and NDRS

Post by n8net » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:28 am

it has been more than 8 weeks, but absolutely nothing from HO just two payments has been taken. is this normal? does HO has any service statndards in deciding naturalisation applications ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:31 am

n8net wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:28 am
it has been more than 8 weeks, but absolutely nothing from HO just two payments has been taken. is this normal? does HO has any service statndards in deciding naturalisation applications ?
Normal. Service standard is up to 6 months, sometimes longer.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:23 am

n8net wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:28 am
My passport fee was deducted on 29-05-2018 and Approval letter received today dated 25-06-2018.

Normally it is taking around 75 days from submission of the documents, so are quicker than others.

So far i have only came across one person whose application of naturalisation was REFUSED after the Passport fee has been deducted.

I believe it is just a waiting time now.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 am

thanks the Rock, when did u apply ? and congrats on the success.

so they take fee for passport even before applicant attends ceremony ?

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:12 am

n8net wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:06 am
thanks the Rock, when did u apply ? and congrats on the success.

so they take fee for passport even before applicant attends ceremony ?
Hi,

Thank You :D

Below is my time line.

They deduct the Passport Fee even BEFORE You RECEIVE APPROVAL Letter or any decision been made. I tracked my passport [you can track using online form after the fee been deducted] and the person i had a chat on email said that they cant give any update except that they have received your passport application and they have taken the money. But he said in case if refusal we need to contact HO for passport fee refund. I came across just one case here where Application been REFUSED after passport fee deduction and that person have not share much details here.

What i have noticed is after passport fee it takes around 25-30 days to get a decision letter.

Eligibility criteria: 10 Year LR + ILR + Spouse of British National
Language Criteria: MSc Degree
Nationality : Non-EU
Method of application: Online + JCAP
Date of application: 17-04-2018
Payment method: Debit Card
Date of acknowledgement: Email received on 18-04-2018
Date of debit of fees: 17-04-2018
Date documents Submitted: 21/04/2018
Date of Biometric letter issued: 17-04-2018 [part of online application]
Date of Biometric letter received: 17-04-2018 [part of online application]
Date Biometrics enrolled: 21-04-2018
Date on Approval letter: 25-06-2018
Date of receipt of approval: 02-07-2018
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: I believe they just send this letter anymore
Date of Ceremony:
Date of Passport Application: 21/04/2018
Date of debit of fees: 29/05/2018
Date Passport to be received:
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 am

thanks Rock, my friend applied via NDRS but still no joy..think it is a matter of waiting.

thanks for all the info much appreciated. can u share the link to track online that u mentioned in the post pls

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am

n8net wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 am
thanks Rock, my friend applied via NDRS but still no joy..think it is a matter of waiting.

thanks for all the info much appreciated. can u share the link to track online that u mentioned in the post pls
When was the fee deducted. Should not take roughly more than 30 days after the fee been deducted.

https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

select the If you filled in a paper form option and fill in the details. They will reply to email in few days. Any question reply on the same email and they reply back pretty quick after first initial response.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 am

nice one Rosk. I cannot thank you enough..you are awesome.

the link asks for barcode, but I do not remember the one that was in the paper form which I had submitted via NDRS unfortunately.

n8net
- thin ice -

Post by n8net » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:00 am

update : I had used the page for update, immediately got a reply asking if I had already attended the ceremony ?!!

But i have not heard from HO

Timelines
  • online application fee deducted 30th of April
    submitted docs,citizenship form + passport from on 1ts May
    Passport feed deducted on 8th of June

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:45 pm

n8net wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:00 am
update : I had used the page for update, immediately got a reply asking if I had already attended the ceremony ?!!

But i have not heard from HO

Timelines
  • online application fee deducted 30th of April
    submitted docs,citizenship form + passport from on 1ts May
    Passport feed deducted on 8th of June
Hi,

If your passport fee was deducted on 8th of June, then i think you should hear anything week commencing 9th of July, i hope you hear something before.

When you applied JCAP, council person must have given you a passport receipt and he/she should have stick the barcode number on that receipt. Use that barcode number for your passport enquiry from passport office.

Thanmks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:53 pm

TheRock9 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:45 pm
Hi,

If your passport fee was deducted on 8th of June, then i think you should hear anything week commencing 9th of July, i hope you hear something before.

When you applied JCAP, council person must have given you a passport receipt and he/she should have stick the barcode number on that receipt. Use that barcode number for your passport enquiry from passport office.

Thanmks
This is not user 'n8net' application. It is yet another question for a 'friend' that seems to busy to register on the forum and ask their own questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:16 am

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:53 pm
TheRock9 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:45 pm
Hi,

Thanmks
This is not user 'n8net' application. It is yet another question for a 'friend' that seems to busy to register on the forum and ask their own questions.
hahaha. I believe some people get scared to register on this forum with a point of view that HO monitor these forums and they can somehow know who is asking questions about there application.