ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - Refugee Route and return of travel document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

FMSAR
Newly Registered
Syria

Citizenship - Refugee Route and return of travel document

Post by FMSAR » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:24 am

I have two question:
    First question: I know applications for citizenship are processed relatively quickly (on average, within 4 weeks if applied online). But how is the timeline like for refugees (5 years refugee status + 1 year ILR)

Second questions: I naively did not make use of the NCS service. Is there a way to request my refugee travel document to be returned without withdrawing or delaying my application, and am I actually allowed to travel while applying for citizenship ?

Many thanks

englishrose198
      India

Re: Citizenship - Refugee Route and return of travel document

Post by englishrose198 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:50 pm

First question: I know applications for citizenship are processed relatively quickly (on average, within 4 weeks if applied online). But how is the timeline like for refugees (5 years refugee status + 1 year ILR)

there is no difference in dealing the diff types of applications. The process is same for all

Second questions: I naively did not make use of the NCS service. Is there a way to request my refugee travel document to be returned without withdrawing or delaying my application, and am I actually allowed to travel while applying for citizenship ?
      I don't think so.

FMSAR
      Newly Registered
      Syria

Re: Citizenship - Refugee Route and return of travel document

Post by FMSAR » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:17 pm

Thank you for your reply. Are you sure I am unable to request my travel document while they are considering my application ? Can someone confirm this please ? Many thanks