ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for a second tier 4 visa for 2nd Masters

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Noops
Newly Registered
India

Applying for a second tier 4 visa for 2nd Masters

Post by Noops » Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:52 am

Hello,

I have recently finished my Masters in UK in Marketing and Brand Management. And now i have applied for a second Masters in the field of Entrepreneurship and Business as it supports my career aspirations. Also, after i finised my masters i have returend back to my country and i am applying for the 2nd master from here itself. I have also got the acceptance from the university with a scholarship.
However, i am still worried that it’s a second Masters. Therefore I would like to know if someone who has done or applied for a second Masters and has been successful in getting the visa?

Thank you.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: Applying for a second tier 4 visa for 2nd Masters

Post by equitydealer » Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:47 pm

This question falls within the factor of ‘academic progression’.

As you’ve returned to your home country after completing your Masters, you would be exempt from having to show academic progression, which would have been to take a complimentary Masters degree (which would be confirmed by your new university in their CAS) or an advanced qualification such as a PhD. This is because you’ve reset the clock for ILR (10 year continuous residency) by returning home.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:17 am

equitydealer wrote:
Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:47 pm
This is because you’ve reset the clock for ILR (10 year continuous residency) by returning home.
This has nothing to do with academic progression.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:04 pm

Yes that’s the point I’m making, by returning to your home country the UKVI don’t mind you coming back to study at the same level. :roll:
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Noops
Newly Registered
India

Post by Noops » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:58 pm

Hello,

Now i understand. I was a bit confused about the Academic progression but since i have returned back to my country, it won’t be taken into account.

Thank you very much for the information and the clarification.