ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

BIG Dobby
inactive

Re: Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by BIG Dobby » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:32 am

A piece of ‘very’ good news for dependent parents applying for either pre-settled or settled status in the UK! Their dependence on the EEA national or their spouse will be assumed - meaning: they won’t be required to provide any documents to evidence their dependency. Only residence in the UK, proof of identity, criminality, applying on the correct form and paying the correct fee will be required. Guys, this is very generous!!! Over 21 will need to provide same evidence as they have done before unfortunately 😌

ChildofTheKing
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by ChildofTheKing » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:38 am

That's GREAT NEWS! All the best to your future, after having to live stressed for so long.

1dudley234
Newly Registered
India

Post by 1dudley234 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:18 am

Hi Kaoumani,
I am applying for EEA family permit from India. I need some information about the process...Please provide your email address.

Thanks
GKR

quote=Kaoumani post_id=1466250 time=1490094943 user_id=150966]
Hehehaha wrote:I guess it is to do with the whole BREXIT chaos that is currently erupting, so things MAY get delayed. But that is just a mild guess! It could be anything. :roll:

Just hope for the best and keep waiting. I hope you get excellent news!

I am also currently awaiting results regarding our application form for my hubby.
Today I had a missed call from them, I tried to call but the number doesn't exist. I wrote them an e-mail through gov.uk(outside uk). I don't know if they could refuse me the visa because of that; will they call me again? Because it was only one call at 10:22 am today. If someone know something about this please inform me!

I AM SO NERVIOUS AND AFRAID.
[/quote]

sunny10
Newly Registered
India

Post by sunny10 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:01 am

1dudley234 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:18 am
Hi Kaoumani,
I am applying for EEA family permit from India. I need some information about the process...Please provide your email address.

Thanks
GKR

Hehehaha wrote:I guess it is to do with the whole BREXIT chaos that is currently erupting, so things MAY get delayed. But that is just a mild guess! It could be anything. :roll:

I am also currently awaiting results regarding our application form for my hubby.
Today I had a missed call from them, I tried to call but the number doesn't exist. I wrote them an e-mail through gov.uk(outside uk). I don't know if they could refuse me the visa because of that; will they call me again? Because it was only one call at 10:22 am today. If someone know something about this please inform me!

[/quote]
1dudley234 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:18 am

Hi Kaoumani,

Thanks
GKR

[/quote]
Hi
What type of inoformation do you require?

law264
Newly Registered
Australia

Post by law264 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:28 pm

Hi All

I have just got my EEA Family Permit. I am Australian and the unmarried partner of my Polish girlfriend. We have been together for around 4 years, but have only lived together for a total of 18 months (but have traveled around 50 times to see each other when not living together).

I thought I would give you an indication of our timeline and also what we submitted as this might be helpful to many of you.

We submitted our application on 1 June 2018 and I had my biometrics taken and my documents scanned at the Sydney VFS centre on 19 June 2018. I also paid the priority fee. My passport was returned with the EEA Family Permit on 29 June 2018.

We provided around 500 pages of documents including:
  • A Joint Testimonial from the both of us explaining our relationship
    12 x testimonials from friends and family confirming our durable relationship
    A notorised copy of my partner's passport and National Identity Card
    My passport
    A letter from my partner's employer confirming her length of employment, salary and that she holds a permanent role
    Originals of my partner's payslips and P60
    A copy of my partner's offer letter for her job from her employer
    Original bank statements of my partner confirming her address and receipt of salary for at least 3 months
    Evidence that we have lived together at the same residence, including lease agreements, around 10-15 different types of letters and other correspondence to each address we have lived at
    Bank statements showing addresses and standing orders for monthly rental costs and bills paid to each other
    Credit card statement showing we both use the same account
    A summary list of each of the times we have traveled to see each other
    Plane, accommodation and bus/ferry itineraries from when we traveled to see each other when we were apart
    Facebook chat history showing that we love each other and confirming periods in our lives as cited in our Joint Testimonial
    Photographs of us from each period of our relationship
    A copy of my bank statements showing my current financial position
I hope this is helpful and I wish you all the best of luck for a speedy and positive outcome.

rohan007
Newly Registered
Nepal

Sheffield Visa Section - EEA FAMILY PERMIT

Post by rohan007 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:24 pm

Hello guys I am new to this forum. I recently applied for EEA family permit as my mother is a Portugese citizen residing in the UK. Last Wednesday , I got an email telling me that they have received my application. Along with the application, I submitted my passport, birth certificate and a relationship certificate by scanning service and my mother too submitted her passport and her payslips directly in the UK. But I was told by a VFS employee that all the documents should be sent by scanning service only. Is it true? Can EEA national directly submit their documents in the UK? Will it affect my application?
Please help!!

sunshine10
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunshine10 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:54 am

rohan007 wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:24 pm
Hello guys I am new to this forum. I recently applied for EEA family permit as my mother is a Portugese citizen residing in the UK. Last Wednesday , I got an email telling me that they have received my application. Along with the application, I submitted my passport, birth certificate and a relationship certificate by scanning service and my mother too submitted her passport and her payslips directly in the UK. But I was told by a VFS employee that all the documents should be sent by scanning service only. Is it true? Can EEA national directly submit their documents in the UK? Will it affect my application?
Please help!!
HI Everyone

I Also have a query of similar type :
I applied from MUMBAI for my eea family permit
but they only accept my original passport and resr all other documents were scanned and not added with my original passport.
however on the website it is clearly mentioned to provide original EEA National ID OR Passport while submitting the application, even after my long heated argument (because i have been refused earlier for not proving that my wife is a EEA national) they didnt accept the originals.
does anyone else had the same experience or am i doing something wrong?

please help

Rapha1320
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Rapha1320 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 am

Hi Everyone I recently applied for entry clearance permit I applied in Lagos Nigeria.
Vaf5.
I submitted my application and biometric information on the 13th of June 2018
and received a email from the decision making center Sheffield on 22nd of June they said my application was being considered by an entry clearance officer it's the 12th of July 2018 and still no news :shock: I'm a bit worried any advice on what to do?

Xhevi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Xhevi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi there!
I've had my documents scanned and got the biometrics done on the 18/6/2018.
Revived an email Saying that the application is being prepared for Consideration by an ECO on the 26/6/2018.
It's been more than 18 working days of waiting and nothing yet has anybody received their EEA family permit lately?
If anybody knows anything pls get back to me!
Have a good day

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:53 pm

Rapha1320 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 am
Hi Everyone I recently applied for entry clearance permit I applied in Lagos Nigeria.
Vaf5.
and received a email from the decision making center Sheffield on 22nd of June they said my application was being considered by an entry clearance officer it's the 12th of July 2018 and still no news :shock: I'm a bit worried any advice on what to do?
It could take anything between 5 working days to 6 months. Be patient. The good news is you can come after Brexit

Miltz
Newly Registered
Mood:
Portugal

Post by Miltz » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:45 am

glen2943 wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:08 pm
Hi Guys,

I am Portuguese National. & My wife is Indian..
I have applied 4 times and I have been refused EEA 4 times

The 4 refusals were between 2016 Nov and Feb 2017.
After the 4 refusals I haven't applied and now I am planning to apply and I have been working for last 1 year.

What I would like to know is :
1. Can I apply directly and without a agent involved?
2. Could somebody help me in advising what should be contents of letter to be written along with the application.

Thanks & regards
Glen.

Hi Glen
If you need any help let me know. I have gained enough confidence to understand the process. Done it for my family, after the first refusal.
Cheers

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi guys,

I would like to apply for EEA permit for parents-in-law. Is it enough to prove only health dependency that they are sick and there is noone to take care of them or has to be financial dependency as well?

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:25 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:17 pm
Hi guys,

I would like to apply for EEA permit for parents-in-law. Is it enough to prove only health dependency that they are sick and there is noone to take care of them or has to be financial dependency as well?
It’s hard to believe dependency due to illness. You need to show that you pay their rent, food and utilities (gas, electricity, council tax etc). They need to show there’s no large deposit or pension which would normally cover what u claim to be paying for.

Over six months of dependency (regular monthly transfer of over £200) will or should normally suffice prior to the application

Good luck

Enka2018
Slovakia

Post by Enka2018 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:55 pm

Thank you Dobby for fast reply, It will be difficult to prove all living expenses from India, only we have proof of bank transfers for the last 6 months and they have already enough money...so they would probably refuse on this basis :(

Xhevi
Newly Registered
Mood:
Albania

Post by Xhevi » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:52 am

Hi there!
I've had my documents and biometrics done on the 18/6/2018 from Albania (Tirana)
Recivd and email on the 26/6/2018 from UKVI saying that it's being prepared for consideration by an ECO.
Called them on the 13/7/2018 and was told that they should get back to me within 15 days but waiting seems to be a bit fastraiting!

Was wondering if anyone it's on the same situation or has an Idea what's going on.
if yes pls get back to me!
Thanks

Spins_top
Newly Registered

Post by Spins_top » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:22 pm

Rapha1320 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:35 am
Vaf5.
We are in the same situation. Applied from Lagos on the 19th of June and Still waiting

Spins_top
Newly Registered

Post by Spins_top » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:24 pm

EEA PERMIT APPLICATION

BIOMETRIC: 19/06/2018
TLC CENTRE: VICTORIA ISLAND IKOYI LAGOS
UK DECISION MAKING CENTRE: 28/06/2018
DECISION MADE: STILL WAITING.

Seems they have a backlog now

BIG Dobby
inactive

Post by BIG Dobby » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:53 pm

Enka2018 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:55 pm
Thank you Dobby for fast reply, It will be difficult to prove all living expenses from India, only we have proof of bank transfers for the last 6 months and they have already enough money...so they would probably refuse on this basis :(
Serious matter if they have enough money! Once you are refused, it will be very hard to come clean. Sort that out before making any application

Saulyte
Newly Registered
Lithuania

Post by Saulyte » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask whether anyone tried applying with no bank statements or with bank statements that have overdraft on them?

I have been in overdraft for the past few months because of our wedding payments. I am worried that if I show this, they may refure the visa or equally if I don't send my bank statements, they will reject it as I haven't shown my bank account.

I am permanently employed, full time and I do earn more than a minimum required amount. I have all of my payslips, contracts etc...

Also do I have to rent a place before applying for a visa? I am currently living in a shared flat.

Could anyone give an advice on what to do in my case?

Kind Regards

sunshine10
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunshine10 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:13 am

Saulyte wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:07 pm
Hello everyone!

I would like to ask whether anyone tried applying with no bank statements or with bank statements that have overdraft on them?

I have been in overdraft for the past few months because of our wedding payments. I am worried that if I show this, they may refure the visa or equally if I don't send my bank statements, they will reject it as I haven't shown my bank account.

I am permanently employed, full time and I do earn more than a minimum required amount. I have all of my payslips, contracts etc...

Also do I have to rent a place before applying for a visa? I am currently living in a shared flat.

Could anyone give an advice on what to do in my case?

Kind Regards
Hi Saulyte,

could you please tell what are you applying for :
Residence permit or family permit , which depends on the condition that where does your is living currently.
Accordingly i can help as i have gone through both .
Kind regards

sunny

alihamza
Newly Registered

Post by alihamza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:59 pm

hi everyone nearly 3 month waiting decision for my eea family permit anyone similar to my position😣😣😣

rohan007
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by rohan007 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm

Hello everyone,
I applied for EEA family permit on 25th June 2018.I had my birth certificate and a notorised relationship certificate of my mother,father and myself scanned at VFS office and rest of the documents were sent to the UK visa department in UK by my mother as she is a Portugese national residing in the UK.Will they accept rest of the documents(Her Portugese passport, payslips etc) submitted directly in the UK as it has got my application ID ? Or will they reject it? Currently I am waiting for the decision made on my application as I got the dispatched message today only.A fast reply regarding this matter will be appreciated.
(P.S: I am 18 years old)
My Timeline:
Application submitted and biometrics: 25th June
Application dispatched to British High Commision: 25th June
Application received at British High Commision: 3rd July
Decision made and dispatched from British High Commision : 18 July
Therefore, it took only 12 working days to process my application after reaching British High Commision.
Is it a good sign that my application got processed quickly?
PLEASE HELP! :|
I'm getting worried :|

alihamza
Newly Registered

Post by alihamza » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 pm

rohan007 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Hello everyone,
I applied for EEA family permit on 25th June 2018.I had my birth certificate and a notorised relationship certificate of my mother,father and myself scanned at VFS office and rest of the documents were sent to the UK visa department in UK by my mother as she is a Portugese national residing in the UK.Will they accept rest of the documents(Her Portugese passport, payslips etc) submitted directly in the UK as it has got my application ID ? Or will they reject it? Currently I am waiting for the decision made on my application as I got the dispatched message today only.A fast reply regarding this matter will be appreciated.
My Timeline:
Therefore, it took only 12 working days to process my application after reaching British High Commision.
just check if you received email from Sheffield refusal letter if not that's mean your application succeed

rohan007
Newly Registered
Nepal

Post by rohan007 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:05 pm

alihamza wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:33 pm
rohan007 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:53 pm
Hello everyone,
My Timeline:
just check if you received email from Sheffield refusal letter if not that's mean your application succeed
No I haven’t received any refusal letter. Does it mean my application succeed?😀😀

sunshine10
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunshine10 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Hi Everyone,
Just want to share my experience and processing time for my Family permit from Mumbai VFS North

applied on 22nd June
Biometric on 22nd June
email of Confirmation 1st july
Mail on 16th july from ukvi saying decision made
passport with permit on 17th july
permit date from 13th july
so all in total 11 working days
best of luck to all of you who are waiting