ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Application and 2 Valid US passports

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nollmm
Newly Registered
United States of America

I 2 valid US passports, for my visa, one or both for travel history?

Post by nollmm » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:51 am

I recently posted, but this is a separate issue I want some insight into!
US citizen. I am applying for a new tier 4 visa for my masters course this October.
I possess two valid US passports because I had to travel last year while my other passport was being processed for my tier 4 visa.

This year, now that I have to apply for another Tier 4 visa, I am wondering for the travel history section, do I have to disclose the trips taken using my B Passport if I am applying for the visa with my A passport? (the same one I used for my tier 4 last year).

I am worried it will look deceptive or confusing if I am citing trips taken on my B passport that do not line up with my A passport. Should I just outline the history of the A passport and not the B?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: I 2 valid US passports, for my visa, one or both for travel history?

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:34 am

nollmm wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:51 am
I am wondering for the travel history section, do I have to disclose the trips taken using my B Passport if I am applying for the visa with my A passport? (the same one I used for my tier 4 last year).
Yes. The question is about all your travel, not your travel on any specific passport.
nollmm wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:51 am
I am worried it will look deceptive or confusing if I am citing trips taken on my B passport that do not line up with my A passport. Should I just outline the history of the A passport and not the B?
No. On the contrary, it could be deceptive to withhold part of your travel history. I think you may have missed the earlier question in the "Application" section where it asks for details of other passports you hold.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

nollmm
Newly Registered
United States of America

Visa Application and 2 Valid US passports

Post by nollmm » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:09 am

Background:
US citizen, i am currently in the process of making another visa application for a tier 4 for continuong masters studies. I am outside tje Uk right now.
I also have two valid us passports.
I have two because i went to passport office in seattle last year to get a second passport while my main passport was being processed in a tier 4 visa application. I needed a second one because i had signed on to do acting (om volunteer not paid) in the edinburgh fringe festival for the whole mobth of august last year and my visa would not be processed in time for travel. What i did was show up At the border on july 31st with passport B, enter on visitstion visa for the duration of the fringe, then at the end of the month, i took a trip to amsterdam, collected my tier 4 visa and reentered the uk using passport A and my approved tier 4 visa.

My question is:
Now that am i making another visa applicatjon, i will have to disclose this trip to the uk with my second passport. So basically, is what i did legal? Can you travel to the UK on a second passport while your other passport is with the home office in an application? And will it affect my new application? I made sure to leave and reenter and did not switch from inside the country, nor worked for pay so im just hoping...(for further info my visa was approved August 2nd. And valid for travel August 11th).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Application and 2 Valid US passports

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 am

Topics merged.

announcements/multiple-posts-will-be-lo ... t5722.html
Kayalami wrote:
Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:23 pm
The moderators appreciate that members/users have an interest in obtaining information specific to their circumstances but kindly request you to refrain from multiple postings on a single question or topic (related grouping e.g. your naturalisation application, ILR application, etc.) within and/or across forums since this:

1. Creates confusion by cluttering relevant information across multiple sources thus defeating the key objective of the bb which is to share information in an easily accessible manner.

2. Impacts on the 'spirit of fairness' in forum use for our members/ guests.

3. Clutters the database unnecessarily.

Please create and use one topic for your queries regarding a specific topic / immigration application (e.g. - settlement, PBS, naturalisation). This helps people to get a view of your immigration history, details etc. under one topic and helps them to answer your queries better.

The moderators rely on you to use your judgement on this matter but reserve the right to merge, lock and/or delete multiple postings without notification.

If you persist to create new threads despite a warning, you will be banned and your IP blocked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Visa Application and 2 Valid US passports

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:28 am

Given your ongoing queries about several different aspects of your Tier 4 application, I strongly advise you get advice on the application from the international student adviser at your university.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.