ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delays in issuing temporary stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

eimie101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Delays in issuing temporary stamp 4

Post by eimie101 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 pm

Hi everyone,
My husband and I arrived in Ireland from France about 6 weeks ago. I'm Irish and he's Ukrainian. He previously held a residency card for a family member of an Eu citizen for France. So, we applied for a residency card using form EU1 three weeks ago. So far we haven't received any acknowledgement from them. We sent all the required documents-I am working full time. I just wanted to ask, how long have people been waiting for the temporary stamp? It is very frustrating waiting with absolutely no idea when (or if) it will arrive.
Thanks for your help! :)

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Delays in issuing temporary stamp 4

Post by max307 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:26 pm

Did you apply using the following form? This is the official form the application of spouse or civil partner of an Irish national

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/form-RES5.pd ... m-RES5.pdf

You should follow the instructions in the section B under 1. How do I apply? since your husband is a visa required national.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/WP07000024
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

eimie101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by eimie101 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:46 pm

Hi thanks for your reply.
We are applying using form EU1 due to the fact that my husband previously held a residency card for a family member of a citizen of the union. We applied to the EU treaty rights section because we didn't meet the financial requirements for the join spouse visa.
We would like to know what is the approximate waiting time for the temporary stamp 4 at the moment.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:44 pm

Thanks for clarifying that.

As per experiences shared here by others this route you are using is very slow compared to the spouse or civil partner of an Irish national route, every case is different so I can't tell you an approximate. INIS website says it can take up to 6 months for a decision to be made but there are some waiting longer than that.

In the meantime be patient and make sure you reply to all their requests for documents as soon as possible.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

eimie101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by eimie101 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 pm

Is that six months for a temporary stamp? :shock:
I was told by crosscare migrant project that it might not take that long since already have an EU residency card and just want to change it for the Irish one. They shouldn't have to do so many checks as it has already been approved by another member state. We were also told that Eu treaty rights is a faster route than the spouse of an Irish national route. :|

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:49 pm

for how long you and your spouse lived in france ?

eimie101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by eimie101 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:34 am

For four years.

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:25 pm

eimie101 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:34 am
For four years.
you should be grand if you follow the rules

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:21 pm

eimie101 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:39 pm
Is that six months for a temporary stamp? :shock:
I was told by crosscare migrant project that it might not take that long since already have an EU residency card and just want to change it for the Irish one. They shouldn't have to do so many checks as it has already been approved by another member state. We were also told that Eu treaty rights is a faster route than the spouse of an Irish national route. :|
By my reckoning and according to others posting here, to apply as spouse or civil partner of an Irish national is always quicker than the EU1 route. Even if your application is straightforward just by using the EU1 route you will join the already very long line of applications in the system.

It could be the case that you will get it quicker as well, hard to tell until you receive the acknowledgment from INIS.

Are you based in Dublin? Why not to go to INIS in person and ask for their advise? They were very helpful every time I had to deal with them!

eimie101
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by eimie101 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Hi, we already sent an application to the EU treaty rights section so I don't think we can change our minds now and apply via the Spouse of a Irish citizen route. Also the immigration officer at the airport didn't stamp my husband's passport so that's another reason we won't be able to.
But maybe we'll visit Inis to confirm. Thanks for replying.

julia_enterteiner
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by julia_enterteiner » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:19 am

Hello max307,

I have one question. How do you know that applying as spouse or civil partner of an Irish national is always quicker than the EU1 route? I applied as spouse of Irish and I have been waiting for 13 months now. It is not quicker at least for me. If you know its quicker, pls tell me the secret :lol:

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:34 pm

@julia_enterteiner as I mentioned before this is based on my own experience and according to others posting here.

Every application is different and a quick outcome is never guaranteed. Are you from a visa required country to enter Ireland even on holidays? Did you apply from Ireland? Were you legal in Ireland before and when you applied? Apologies for so many questions but it looks like most of the time depending on your answers of the questions above you can expect a quicker or slower processing time.

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:54 pm

eimie101 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:11 pm
Hi everyone,
My husband and I arrived in Ireland from France about 6 weeks ago. I'm Irish and he's Ukrainian. He previously held a residency card for a family member of an Eu citizen for France. So, we applied for a residency card using form EU1 three weeks ago. So far we haven't received any acknowledgement from them. We sent all the required documents-I am working full time. I just wanted to ask, how long have people been waiting for the temporary stamp? It is very frustrating waiting with absolutely no idea when (or if) it will arrive.
Thanks for your help! :)

normally takes 4 weeks until u are accepted for temporary card, than go the garda station and another 2 weeks until the card is manufactured, that will be a 9 months stamp 4 eufam card.
Note that if a case is suspicious for any reason INIS will not grant u temporary card, in this case u have to wait about 10 months for the decision.

You mentioned that you were living together in France for 4 years, that is a good start, and it should not be suspicious.

I dont know why some one thinks that is always faster to apply as a spouse of irish , bases on national law, i would say the eu1 route is faster, for those who have a clear case. In 6 weeks my wife was holding her temp card and was legally able to pick up a job, that is pretty fast, and in 9 months she got her 5 years card, but in the meantime she was working already, while the national rules are way more strict, those are basically against you, while the eu treaty rights are 100% for you!