ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor Visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

JPond
Newly Registered
Mood:

Visitor Visa

Post by JPond » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:28 pm

I understand that you can only stay in the UK for 180 days within a year on a visitor visa. Is this a calendar year or 12 months since start of your last entry?

For example my son's girlfriend has been granted 2 separate 6 month visitor visas. She visited us in May 2017 for 3 months and returned again end December for 2 months leaving mid Feb 2018 on her 2nd visitor visa. He has visited multiple times in between. We now want her to return again this year and would like her to be here for Christmas but also attend a special family gathering in August. When does the 180 days in the UK start is it a calendar year or date from when you entered?

Casa

Re: Visitor Visa

Post by Casa » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:20 pm

JPond wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:28 pm
I understand that you can only stay in the UK for 180 days within a year on a visitor visa. Is this a calendar year or 12 months since start of your last entry?

For example my son's girlfriend has been granted 2 separate 6 month visitor visas. She visited us in May 2017 for 3 months and returned again end December for 2 months leaving mid Feb 2018 on her 2nd visitor visa. He has visited multiple times in between. We now want her to return again this year and would like her to be here for Christmas but also attend a special family gathering in August. When does the 180 days in the UK start is it a calendar year or date from when you entered?
The guidance that no more time should be spent in the UK in a rolling 12 month period than is spent in the home country.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.