ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 4 application after previous leave curtailment

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Tier 4 application after previous leave curtailment

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:48 pm

Hi All,

I want an advice regarding an urgent case, I was on on two different VISAs in past:

Jan 2014 - July 2015: Tier 4
July 2015 - July 2018: Tier 2

I had to resign from company in February 2018 and as a result and my leave to remain was curtailed to 31st July 2018.

Now I am planning to switch to Tier 4. I applied to some universities for admission in MBA. One of the university rejected my application based on the fact that my Tier 2 leave was curtailed. They given a following reason:

"Unable to consider students with curtailed leave in their immigration history"

1- What are any chances of admission in any other university? I have pending applications in two other universities.

2- If I get an admission in any university, will there be any problem during Tier 4 visa application based on previous curtailment?

Please any advice in this regard will be very helpful.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 4 application after previous leave curtailment

Post by sah10406 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:09 pm

masoodahmed wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:48 pm
I applied to some universities for admission in MBA. One of the university rejected my application based on the fact that my Tier 2 leave was curtailed. They given a following reason:

"Unable to consider students with curtailed leave in their immigration history"
That does not seem very reasonable. Having a previous visa curtailed says nothing in itself about someone's suitability to be sponsored for a future visa. Which university is this?
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:20 pm

Hi sah10406, Thanks for your reply, that rejection was from "University of West London".

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:54 am

It is not at all reasonable, because curtailment does not equate with being some sort of immigration risk.

However, it might be related to the University's previous problems with visa compliance:
https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/news/lo ... ot-7326789

Personally, I think they are still getting it wrong by excluding people who were previously curtailed.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

GondalUK
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by GondalUK » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:54 am

Thanks for posting link to an article, it clears the things that they had investigation from home office in past, and now they don't want to take any risk and have a strict criteria in place.

I have talked to a compliance team in the university and explained to them that this is not any problem. My immigration history in clean and it seems unfair rejecting an application based on curtailment. A lady over phone agreed to look further into my case and get back to me.

I am hoping that another two universities where my application is pending will come with a positive decision.