ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Requiement of Tenancy agreement/landlord letter for Tier 4 dependent visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

sarathme90
Newly Registered
India

Requiement of Tenancy agreement/landlord letter for Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by sarathme90 » Mon May 14, 2018 10:57 am

Hi,

I am a PhD student in UK from Feb 2018 as tier 4 general student visa with BRP validity till 2022.

I am planning to bring my wife and 2 year old child as dependents in Sept 2018 for which i will be applying for their visa by 2018 June 1st week.

I would like to know the requirement of attaching a tenancy agreement/landlord letter while the submission of their application in India.

Currently I am living as a tenant in a 4 bedroom house where my agreement is only till Aug 19th and i was planning to move on to other house by Sept when my family arrives. In this house other 2 rooms are occupied by other tenants and 1 rooms has been vacated 2 days ago. When i spoke with house owner she is not much aware about the requirements but she told that if i can give her the matter for the landlord letter, she can give it showing 2 rooms rented by me for the visa process(even I am not sure is this house is under HMO rules). So is it okey to get that letter or should i make a valid tenancy agreement and get a letter from her or should i find another house and get the required documents. I am totally confused what to do now.

I would request the advice/suggestions that i can follow up and get the visa for my family without any rejections and without any delays (atleast by Sept 10th) due to this tenancy related issues.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Requiement of Tenancy agreement/landlord letter for Tier 4 dependent visa

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:40 am

Where have you read, or who has told you, that there is such a requirement? There is not.
Last edited by sah10406 on Mon May 14, 2018 11:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sarathme90
Newly Registered
India

Post by sarathme90 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am

sah10406 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:40 am
Where have you read, or who has told you, that there is such a requirement? There is not.
I have not seen that requirement in UK visa website but i have been advised by some people around me including an international adviser in my university regarding submission of this document as a supporting document that will help to get visa without any rejections or waiting (either tenancy agreement or a landlord letter) which made me confuse on what do regarding this? :cry:

That is the reason i have posted my query here to get advice/suggestion on this from experts here.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 14, 2018 11:57 am

sarathme90 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 11:49 am
I have not seen that requirement in UK visa website but i have been advised by some people around me including an international adviser in my university regarding submission of this document as a supporting document that will help to get visa without any rejections or waiting (either tenancy agreement or a landlord letter) which made me confuse on what do regarding this? :cry:
They are wrong. It is nonsense.

Always ignore any non-professionals who try to give you immigration advice. But with the international student adviser, perhaps ask them politely what part of the PBS dependant eligibility they think requires or benefits from a tenancy agreement or landlord letter.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

sarathme90
Newly Registered
India

Post by sarathme90 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm

They are wrong. It is nonsense.

Always ignore any non-professionals who try to give you immigration advice. But with the international student adviser, perhaps ask them politely what part of the PBS dependant eligibility they think requires or benefits from a tenancy agreement or landlord letter.
[/quote]

I have asked them the same question where they replied that "We have been advising it all students to attach the same and as its no where written regarding the requirement its upto you if you want to attach the document. Its a supporting document to make from which even the immigration officials will understand that you have required space rented for your family to stay with you and you are well aware of the requirements and have all in place."

This is what they replied.I understand that these people are not well aware of the requirements and have not gone through this situations to provide me with a relevant answer, which made me to post my query here to get valuable advice from what others have really experienced and whats expert immigration officers/related people have to advice me on this matter...So what should i do as i dont want to take any chance to get the visa rejected or delayed to non submission of this document?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:28 pm

sarathme90 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm
"its no where written regarding the requirement its upto you if you want to attach the document... Its a supporting document to make from which even the immigration officials will understand that you have required space rented for your family to stay with you and you are well aware of the requirements and have all in place."
So they appear to wrongly believe that this matter in bold is a "secret" part of the eligibility for a Tier 4 dependant visa, i.e. it is not stated on the form, or in the immigration rules, but somehow it is required anyway. That is just plain rubbish.

sarathme90
Newly Registered
India

Post by sarathme90 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:39 pm

sah10406 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:28 pm
sarathme90 wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:08 pm
"its no where written regarding the requirement its upto you if you want to attach the document... Its a supporting document to make from which even the immigration officials will understand that you have required space rented for your family to stay with you and you are well aware of the requirements and have all in place."
So they appear to wrongly believe that this matter in bold is a "secret" part of the eligibility for a Tier 4 dependant visa, i.e. it is not stated on the form, or in the immigration rules, but somehow it is required anyway. That is just plain rubbish.

So as per your advice what are documents we have to submit with our tier 4 dependent visa application (for wife and 2 year old baby) that will help not to get our application rejected?

Could you please provide me with a clear detail on this matter?

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon May 14, 2018 12:53 pm

Just the evidence that the form asks for on the summary sheet.

The only extra evidence that some applicants may want to add is evidence that the marriage or relationship is subsisting despite the couple living apart. This is normally only suggested if the couple has lived apart for an extended period.

See also https://www.ukcisa.org.uk/Information-- ... layer-5183

sarathme90
Newly Registered
India

Post by sarathme90 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:05 am

Thank you so much Sah for your valuable reply...

My dependent has been granted entry visa without the tenancy agreement/landlord letter.

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:31 am

That's good news, quite right too. Perhaps you can let university immigration adviser know this, and also that their previous incorrect advice caused you some unnecessary anxiety. You could always send them a link to this topic!