ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

1st Irish passport application - online tracker

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

1st Irish passport application - online tracker

Post by chaoclive » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:30 pm

hi there

my partner naturalized as an irish citizen on 21/5/18 in Killarney and applied for his first irish passport on 22/5/18. his documents were received on 24/5/18. the expected issue date on the online tracker was 5/7/18 but this didn't happen. in fact, the timeline moved from 19 completed boxes to 15 completed boxes yesterday (6/7/18).

i know that the time is an estimate but according to the timeline he needs to wait the equivalent of a quarter of the time that we have waited already. has anyone else had this happen? how did it pan out?

he has emailed them but they haven't replied yet.

thanks
CC

Ehis23
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: 1st Irish passport application - online tracker

Post by Ehis23 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:33 pm

chaoclive wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:30 pm
hi there

my partner naturalized as an irish citizen on 21/5/18 in Killarney and applied for his first irish passport on 22/5/18. his documents were received on 24/5/18. the expected issue date on the online tracker was 5/7/18 but this didn't happen. in fact, the timeline moved from 19 completed boxes to 15 completed boxes yesterday (6/7/18).

i know that the time is an estimate but according to the timeline he needs to wait the equivalent of a quarter of the time that we have waited already. has anyone else had this happen? how did it pan out?

thanks
CC
Hi Chaoclive, Just wanted to know if your partner received the passport yet?

chaoclive
Diamond Member
Ireland

Re: 1st Irish passport application - online tracker

Post by chaoclive » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:20 pm

Ehis23 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:33 pm
chaoclive wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:30 pm
hi there

thanks
CC
Hi Chaoclive, Just wanted to know if your partner received the passport yet?
Yes, it came through on 14/7/18, a few days later than expected (according to the tracker). He asked them via web chat and they said it sometimes just happens like that. He's waiting on the passport card now. We just applied on 15/7/18 but it says that it's printing already.