ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - How many days out of UK are you allowed?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

imran321

Spouse Visa - How many days out of UK are you allowed?

Post by imran321 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:51 pm

Hi,

Now that my wife has been granted her spouse visa... can anyone please let me know where I can find out how much time she is allowed to spend out of UK within a year (or within her first 2.5 years whilst in UK). I'm only asking, because if i want to go on holidays with her, how much entitlement is she allowed to have? How does it work? Is it based yearly or on the term of the visa? Someone was telling me they are allowed up to 90 days holidays out of UK per year, but wanted to know if anyone has any specific gov.uk link i can read, to know what the actual rule is?

If anyone can help, or provide guidance that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Spouse Visa - How many days out of UK are you allowed?

Post by CR001 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:03 pm

'Someone' is talking nonsense.

There is no absence limit for spouse visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:10 pm

The '90 day' absence limit within a 12 month period is for British citizenship. Your 'someone' was probably confusing rules for BC with a Spouse visa. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

imran321

Post by imran321 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:41 am

Thanks guys. Maybe he did confuse it with British Citizenship.

So within the 2.5 year spouse visa my wife has currently got.. can she actually spend most of that out of UK & it won’t make a difference when I extend that at the end of the first term and eventually apply for British Citizenship after that? I just don’t want home office to come back and say she’s spent more time abroad than in UK...!

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:49 am

can she actually spend most of that out of UK & it won’t make a difference when I extend that at the end of the first term
No one said she can stay out of the UK for most of the time and only use the spouse visa as a 'visitor' visa. For an extension, she has to provide 2 years evidence of cohabitation in the UK.
and eventually apply for British Citizenship after that?
Long absences will affect her ability to apply for citizenship as there are limitations on how many days absence you can have.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

imran321

Post by imran321 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:04 pm

Long absences will affect her ability to apply for citizenship as there are limitations on how many days absence you can have.
Thanks. This is what I need to know... the 'limitations on how many days absence she can have' - what is that number of days and how do I find out? :)

Thank you.