ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR priority service post-application pre-appointment travel

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bananagal
Newly Registered
Canada

ILR priority service post-application pre-appointment travel

Post by bananagal » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:40 pm

Hi everyone. I’ve lodged my Tier 2 ILR application and paid for the same day priority service as I am a frequent traveller and can not be without my passport.

I booked the first available appointment but this was still after another (work) trip to the EU which isn’t reflected on my application. My employer letter is quite open (ie they support all dates listed, rather than listing them themselves).

However, what should I do about this new trip? It doesn’t put me over my limit outside of the UK. I’m just worried about it not being on the application and the employer letter being dated before it. Should I get another letter supplied with this one specified? Have I messed myself up royally? Any advice would be much appreciated.

trueblue19

Re: ILR priority service post-application pre-appointment travel

Post by trueblue19 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:10 pm

I'm exactly in the same boat as you. I travel quite a lot, and between now and the appointment date, will have some more travel (I usually travel on a short notice due to nature of work). I'm planning to get the employer letter readied by last week of July, but in all likelihood, I will need to travel after getting the letter ready (and before appointment at PSC).

My solicitor has advised to simply write a covering letter detailing the situation, and clarifying that such absence is still within 180 day requirements. I'm also submitting a print-out of an excel sheet additionally, in which I will update any specific travel that isnt covered in the employer letter.

Hope this helps.

bananagal
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: ILR priority service post-application pre-appointment travel

Post by bananagal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:23 am

Thanks so much, trueblue19!

I just wanted to give you an update. I had a successful appointment yesterday and my ILR was approved. :D

I did as you suggested and attached 1) a covering letter explaining the situation. I also attached: 2) email correspondence with my employer, where the travel was approved; and 3) an updated letter from my employer certifying travel dates, dated after the time of the travel and directly before the appointment.

I hope this helps you or anyone else in the same situation!

Best of luck to you.