ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Change of Employer and notice period

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

KarthikYan
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Change of Employer and notice period

Post by KarthikYan » Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:33 pm

Hi

I am on a Tier 2 General visa and I have 3 months notice period with my current employer.
Now I got a job offer where the new employer is ready to provide sponsorship and the new employer is keen to get me on board as soon as possible.

Reading through multiple posts here, I can see it is wise to let my current employer know about my resignation only after getting my new VISA with new sponsor however I also see that its not allowed to work for my old employer after I get the VISA. I have couple of questions,
Can I apply for new VISA without informing my currency employer? In such case how would I serve notice period with the new VISA?

yaman1203
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 Change of Employer and notice period

Post by yaman1203 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:44 pm

I am in exactly the same boat. Actually, I had an offer from a company last September and subsequently applied for a Tier 2 General visa (switching employers). I didn't let my current company know and it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as that change of employer visa was refused. I continued to work for my current employer. I also then extended my Visa with my current employer, no issues there.

Now, I will be applying again for Tier 2 General (change of employers).

To answer your question, I would say don't inform your current employer. They can't find out anyway.

KarthikYan
Newly Registered

Post by KarthikYan » Sun May 20, 2018 8:39 pm

Many thanks for your response.
Was there any particular reason for rejection?
I am only asking because I didnt went on with the employer in March but now I found another employer with better offer.

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Alex218 » Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm

KarthikYan wrote:
Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:33 pm
Can I apply for new VISA without informing my currency employer? In such case how would I serve notice period with the new VISA?
Yes you can, no need to inform your employer until you get the new BRP in your hand. Check article 225 of Tier G guidance re your second query, the last sentence of that reads that you can work for your old employer until the start date on your new CoS..

muralimohan28
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by muralimohan28 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:34 pm

KarthikYan wrote:
Hi

I am on a Tier 2 General visa and I have 3 months notice period with my current employer.
Now I got a job offer where the new employer is ready to provide sponsorship and the new employer is keen to get me on board as soon as possible.

Reading through multiple posts here, I can see it is wise to let my current employer know about my resignation only after getting my new VISA with new sponsor however I also see that its not allowed to work for my old employer after I get the VISA. I have couple of questions,
Hi Karthik, Need your support. I am also sailing in the same boat as you did before. How did you manage the situation of serving the notice period. Can you please provide your feedback. Thanks in Advance.

muralimohan28
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by muralimohan28 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:41 pm

Alex218 wrote:
Sun May 20, 2018 9:23 pm
KarthikYan wrote:
Yes you can, no need to inform your employer until you get the new BRP in your hand. Check article 225 of Tier G guidance re your second query, the last sentence of that reads that you can work for your old employer until the start date on your new CoS..
Hi, can you please share the link of the article 225 of Tier G guidance or please let us know, where can we find it. Thanks.

Alex218
Newly Registered
Barbados

Post by Alex218 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:32 pm

muralimohan28
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by muralimohan28 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:48 am

Thanks a lot for your feedback :)

muralimohan28