ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

German bringing non-EU spouse to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

leokeidel
Newly Registered
Germany

German bringing non-EU spouse to Ireland

Post by leokeidel » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:28 pm

Hello all,
I am German starting a working contract in Ireland starting in September.
My spouse wants to join me and work in Ireland as well. She needs a Visa to enter, as she is from Peru.

My question is, which Visa does she need to apply for to enter the country in a first place?

Once arrived she will apply for the Residence card of a EU family member. Is this the correct and best procedure? And how long does it take if she is eligible to work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

minhabolacha
Newly Registered

Re: German bringing non-EU spouse to Ireland

Post by minhabolacha » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:09 am

It's a short-stay visa type C.
Don't expect it will be quick though. It could easily take a month or two.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:43 pm

As @minhabolacha said above your spouse will need a short stay visa (C) and the visa is free of charge. If your spouse holds a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen” or the German alternative she can travel to Ireland without a visa if she’s accompanied by you or joining you in Ireland – the EU citizen. See details below:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Family ... 20citizens

Once in Ireland you will need to apply for a residence card. See details below:

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU+Treaty+Rights
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Sorry to jump in, but it sounds like the application might be before you (a German citizen) have travelled to Ireland yourself. Is that okay, can you apply in advance and just show them something like an employment acceptance letter and income in Germany?

jul1
Mood:
Ireland

Post by jul1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:12 pm

leokeidel wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:28 pm
Hello all,
I am German starting a working contract in Ireland starting in September.
My spouse wants to join me and work in Ireland as well. She needs a Visa to enter, as she is from Peru.

My question is, which Visa does she need to apply for to enter the country in a first place?

Once arrived she will apply for the Residence card of a EU family member. Is this the correct and best procedure? And how long does it take if she is eligible to work?

Thanks in advance for your help.

She has to apply for Visa C

If she is living with you Germany already, than that resident card is only good to travel in the Schengen area, but if you live in another EU country than Germany, and she lives with u already, than with that resident card she can travel visa free here, only using that card.

When entering Ireland on a visa C, it i better to open this website on ur phone before u advance to the IO, for me they said to the Visa C that it is a wrong visa, it should be Visa D, cause im eu citizen, they did not know the rule..... many IO are uneducated....

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Fa ... s+citizens

leokeidel
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by leokeidel » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:37 pm

ryuzaki wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:41 pm
Sorry to jump in, but it sounds like the application might be before you (a German citizen) have travelled to Ireland yourself. Is that okay, can you apply in advance and just show them something like an employment acceptance letter and income in Germany?
Yes, that is exactly the case. I will show my current bank movements and my working contract proofing my salary for the next year. Do you think this will be sufficient?
I'm coming to Ireland in September and my wife will apply for the Visa before so she can (best case) come with me directly.

We are by the way both in Panama at the moment, so without any residence card of any EU state.

Thanks a lot for all your help and advices. Appreciate it a lot!!!

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:25 am

I think that is okay, it's what I was planning to do. I read that other people have done the same.

Let us know how it goes for you! Thanks.