ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

indefinite Leave to Remain Dependent Children

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Maryam125
Newly Registered
Iran

indefinite Leave to Remain Dependent Children

Post by Maryam125 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:56 pm

Hi,
I have a few questions about the ILR process for my children.
I've been living legally in the Uk since September of 2008 under student Visa and Tier 2 General visas.
My Son (Over 18 now) and daughter (still under 18) have been living with me in the past 10 years with a dependent visa.
I'll be applying for ILR under long residence rule in August. However, I'm still unsure how should I go about the visa process for my children.
it is my understanding that my son (over 18) and I can apply separately under long residence (10 years) category.
Can someone advise what should I do for my daughter's visa who is under 18 and was born outside the UK but has been living with me legally in the UK for 10 years.

I appreciate all attempts to help with this.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: indefinite Leave to Remain Dependent Children

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:58 pm

If they both have 10 years long residence and meet the requirements individually, they can both apply for ILR on their own separate forms.

Where is the other parent??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maryam125
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Maryam125 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:04 pm

Thank you for the reply.
Yes they both meet the 10 years long residence criteria.
What form should I use for the one who is under 18? I'm struggling to find the application form for her.
The other parent who was also on dependent visa had been deported from the UK a few years ago. Divorce process completed whilst he was still in the UK.

Thank you for the help in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:05 pm

Set LR or Set F.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Maryam125
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Maryam125 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:18 pm

Set (F)
on page 11 of 41 under which category;

Child under the age of 18 of a parent, parents or a relative present and settled in the UK
Adopted child under the age of 18 of a parent or parents present and settled in the UK
Child over the age of 18 who was last granted leave under paragraph 302 of the immigration
rules.

none of the 3 above apples to my daughter situation. she is a child under 18 but i'm not settled in the UK yet.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:20 pm

Then apply for her after you get ILR or use Set(LR).
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Maryam125
Newly Registered
Iran

Post by Maryam125 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:23 pm

Thanks, if I decide to wait until I get my ILR, what happens to her visa status as I'll be no longer on tier 2 general visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 pm

She will be fine, her visa won't be cancelled immediately but she should not travel out of the UK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)