ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Subject Access Request - UKVI

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

AHUSSEINI
Newly Registered
Jordan

Subject Access Request - UKVI

Post by AHUSSEINI » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:06 pm

Hello.

I have a very quick question. I have recently submitted a SAR request to the Home Office and received the response from them within the promised time frame. In my request I checked all the boxes on page three (PART A - RECORDS REQUESTED), with the hope that I can cross check all my exit / entries from my passport verses those recorded by the Home Office. I am concerned that since many stamps on my passport are blurred or smugged I might miss a few in my ILR application.

In the response I received, there was no listing or information of any EXIT / ENTRIES except by initial entry into the UK. My question is:

Was there something else I should have requested beyond the items listed in PART A - RECORDS REQUESTED, or does this mean that I cannot rely on receiving exact dates from the Home Office data prior to my application?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Subject Access Request - UKVI

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:14 pm

What have you requested the SAR for?

Your post does not state your visa category and you have posted in the Tier 2 General work visa sub forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

AHUSSEINI
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by AHUSSEINI » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Hello.

I hold a Tier 2 General Visa and would be applying for my ILR in March. I was advised to request the SAR to make sure I am 100% accurate on my exit / entry dates for my application.

Sorry I did not state that earlier.

Thank you

Amre

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm

I hold a Tier 2 General Visa and would be applying for my ILR in March. I was advised to request the SAR to make sure I am 100% accurate on my exit / entry dates for my application.

SAR record don't show you exit date as passport is not stamped when you leave the UK. If you have passport you can easily find out the entry stamp country you left for and entry back in the UK.

You also need to get letter from your all employers (if you have had more than one while on Tier 2) confirming the absenses as they were fully paid
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

AHUSSEINI
Newly Registered
Jordan

Post by AHUSSEINI » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:07 pm

Thanks for your response.

The reason I had requested the SAR was because the stamps on my passport (entry dates into other countries) are not clear, and I am concerned of giving any incorrect information on travel dates. Isn't one of the purposes of the SAR to list out the exit date info held by the Home Office / UKVI?

Thanks again.

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by makky86 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 pm

AHUSSEINI wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:07 pm

The reason I had requested the SAR was because the stamps on my passport (entry dates into other countries) are not clear, and I am concerned of giving any incorrect information on travel dates. Isn't one of the purposes of the SAR to list out the exit date info held by the Home Office / UKVI?

Thanks again.
As I said when you leave the UK there is no stamp so how would home office know when you left? This is the information you have to provide.

Don't you have other information to confirm dates like tickets ,boarding pass. Search your emails
II Youths a stuff neve endures II

bethuk
Newly Registered
Korea South

Post by bethuk » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:59 pm

makky86 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 pm
AHUSSEINI wrote:

Thanks again.
As I said when you leave the UK there is no stamp so how would home office know when you left? This is the information you have to provide.

Don't you have other information to confirm dates like tickets ,boarding pass. Search your emails
But I think that they would have the informations. I read a article that UK started the track from April 2015. Even though we do not have a stamp on passport when we went out UK, your flight company needed to send information to UK border agency automatically about you including ticketing and so on. I did not get a stamp when I left UK and when I arrived my country both. I came from low-risk country. But when I checked my entry record in my country, enter/exit institution had the record clearly. I lost the document so I will apply SAR as well. I wonder that do we need solister for it?

FaeLLe
Member of Standing

Post by FaeLLe » Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:14 pm

makky86 wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:36 pm
AHUSSEINI wrote:

Thanks again.

It is very naive to think that UK does not track people who leave the country, immigration stamps mean nothing.

Home Office can share all details of immigration records (entry / leaving) including landing cards.

Details here - https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... mmigration