ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Eagle123

Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 am

Hi everyone,

I will be switching from Tier 2 General to ILR in December 2018/January 2019.

I have just got new Tier 2 sponsored by the new company and will be leaving my current company in a month.

Can the experts please advise what documents do I need to get from my current company? I have not been travelling too much and well within 180 days limit, do I still need an absence letter from my employee? Any other documents I need to get from my current company?

Can I pass Life in the UK test anytime, right? It doesn't have an expiry date to my knowledge.

Any advice will be very appreciated.

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:30 am

Can the experts please advise what documents do I need to get from my current company? I have not been travelling too much and well within 180 days limit, do I still need an absence letter from my employee? Any other documents I need to get from my current company?
Only absence letter, it is a mandatory document regardless of how much or little traveling has been done.
Can I pass Life in the UK test anytime, right? It doesn't have an expiry date to my knowledge.
Correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:37 am

Thank you very much for this.
Is there any form for absence letter? Does anyone have an example?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:39 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Eagle123

Post by Eagle123 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:03 pm

Thank you very much for your help!