ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rambo85
Newly Registered
India

Child's British Citizenship

Post by Rambo85 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:50 am

Hello everybody.

I am trying to register my child as British Citizen, and could use your help. The following are the details followed by my first question:

1. My daughter was born in June 2016. We applied for her Indian passport soon after.

2. I got ILR in September 2016. At the same time applied for my Wife's Spouse Visa, and a dependent visa for my child, as they needed to travel to India that month.

3. Now I wish to surrender my Child's Indian passport and get her a British one. I am assuming this is possible.

On the MN1 form, am I correct to leave questions 1.2 and 1.3 blank considering my situation? I mean it's not compulsory for my child to have ILR right? As long as I have one?

Kind regards
Last edited by vinny on Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link added

vinny

Re: Child's British Citizenship

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:52 am

If she was born in the UK, then that’s correct.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Rambo85
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rambo85 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:17 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes she was born in the UK

I will add to this post if I have more questions related to the form

many thanks.

Rambo85
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rambo85 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:36 am

Hello again lovely people.

I have another question regarding my Child's British Citizenship registration.

I have decided to completed the online form. The form asks questions in first person addressed to my 2 year old child. So I am kind of answering on her behalf. When I get to the referees section, it says that the referee must know her for at least 3 years.

As you can see, it's not possible for anybody to know her for that long. It seems logical to think that they would make an exception due to her age. I mean they did ask for her DOB, so hopefully they'll work this out?

And I am basically providing referees who know me rather than her. Again sounds like obvious thing to do, but when it comes to home office, I like to lock up my logic and the obvious as there's so much at stake.

Can somebody confirm that it's okay fill the form as it I am my daughter, and provide my referees , and may b e top it all up with a cover letter with my evidence documents?

Thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:49 am

Your daughter is the applicant yes.

Referees must know your daughter, i.e. health visitor, pharmacist, religious leader etc.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rambo85
Newly Registered
India

Post by Rambo85 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:59 pm

Thank you CR001,

So can one of the referees be a health visitor (professional), and another be the neighbor who babysits her and knows her from the beginning?

Kind regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:17 pm

yes.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rambo85
Newly Registered
India

MN1 documents

Post by Rambo85 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:51 pm

Hi, I have a query regarding MN1 application.

I just paid the fees online, and wanted check something before I submit the documents.

Under mandatory documents checklist, there are two boxes asking for proof of parental responsibility, one for each parent. And then further down the checklist there is another box asking for the child's birth certificates.

I am guess I have to just tick all the boxes and provide just the birth certificate, which is proof for all three above. Am i right? Or is there anything else that we are expected to provide?

Please confirm ASAP.

Kind regards