ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

snarkhunt
Newly Registered

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by snarkhunt » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:16 pm

Regarding item #3 below (Proof of living in the UK), I am very confused as to whether, as an EEA national with Permanent Residence, I need to supply letters from employers or not. I just phoned the Home Office and they told me I didn't, and that the PR sufficed, but the online form includes this in my checklist. Any advice?

daisyd wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:02 pm
shakeerahT wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:03 pm
Hi, My brother and i have just used the online application service. its pretty straight forward and you can make payment for your application on the system as well. Once you have completed the application form and payment is successful, it gives you options to download :

- the supporting document checklist (the supporting documents you re required to post to the home office)
- biometric enrolment letter (which you take to the post office to enrol your biometric details)
- 2 referee declaration forms requiring your referees to sign and date (your referees wont have to fill any details because you would have filled it in when completing the form online)
- a copy of your submitted application which you can keep for yourself.

so, in summary, you submit your application online including your payment for the application, you go to the post office to register you biometrics within days and they expect you send your supporting documents within 15days of submitting the online application too.
Easy as Pie! :D
Hey, shakeerahT thank you for the information, I am just filling in the application myself as well - super easy but got stuck on the attaching of the documents, more specifically the photograph.

Can I assume you send over a photograph of yourself with the full name and date of birth on the back as required in the paper application? Couldn't see anything mentioning the photograph in the Document Checklist at the end of the application.

For those that are choosing the online application route, this is the 'Documents' part of the application that I see - sharing this info as tax :) hoping this helps!

Mandatory documents

These documents are mandatory and you must provide them as part of your application. Tick the box to agree that you will provide each document: (Required)

1) The passport issued by (Applicant's Country) for (Name of Applicant)

Other documents

If you do not provide these documents, your application may be delayed or refused. (Required)

2) (Name of Applicant)'s Life in the UK Test pass notification

3) Proof of living in the UK for (Name of Applicant)

If you are an EEA National, you need to include letters from employers, educational establishments, or other Government Departments indicating your presence in the United Kingdom during the relevant period.

If you are an Non-EEA National, you need to include your passport to prove you have lived in the UK for the past 5 years (3 years if you're married to, or the partner of, a British citizen).

If you don't have your passport, or it wasn't stamped when you entered the UK, you need to include letters (for example, from your employer or government department) as proof.

Bank statements or household bills are not suitable proof you've been living in the UK.

4) Two referee declarations for (Name of Applicant)

5) (Name of Applicant)'s evidence of identity
You must include one of the following:
* your passport
* your national identity card
* your Home Office travel document
* your Home Office entitlement card
* your Home Office ARC letter
* your BRP card
* your birth certificate
* your driving licence

You must include evidence you have legally changed your name if it is now different to the one on your supporting document.

If you took the Life in the UK Test and used one of the above documents as evidence, you should use the same one here.

6)(Name of Applicant)'s proof of Nationality
You must include your:
* passport or EEA national identity card
* UK permanent residence card
* evidence of freedom from immigration time restrictions

You must have a permanent residence card before you can apply for citizenship Apply for a permanent residence card.
Please note I have numbered the above for clarity, however, some of the documents overlap (e.g. can be covered by passport/EEA national identity card).

I can also see that the requirement for English language test is not present on my application as I have shown my degree for my Permanent Residence. Might be different for other applicants.

Thank you,

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:30 pm

@snarkhunt

If you supply all that's required by the AN application you will have no issues being approved.
The Home Office helpline is outsourced to a company and the advice given is often inconsistent or even incorrect.
There is also the point that PR is administered under EU regulations and citizenship by UK nationality laws, different department, different laws, etc. It doesn't necessarily need to be employer letters, such as P60 will be fine as well .Letters are good if you work(ed) for one or two companies for the duration to be documented.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

old_boy
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by old_boy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 pm

@sharkhunt,

I have also a degree from UK university and have mentioned that in my PR application. However, there's nothing about education in the online citizenship form. At the end of the application the list of documents does not include any language certificates.

Do Visas & Immigration compare your PR application and citizenship application?

Also, can someone clarify how to answer the following question: Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application? I have never had a BRP as an EU citizen.

s4nmalik
Newly Registered

Post by s4nmalik » Tue Jul 10, 2018 12:10 am

Dear Members,

I applied for Naturalisation on 04 June 2018, but still passport fees is not deducted from my account.
Usually, the passport fees get deducted withiin 3 to 4 weeks.

Is that something I need to worry about?

Your reponse will be highly appreicated.

Thanks

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 am

I applied online for citizenship and sent the supporting documents myself through post office. Probably a daft question but have I applied for both naturalization and passport or just naturalization? I paid only £1330

I can't quite remember what I done to be honest

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:57 am

ivetalopes wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 am
I applied online for citizenship and sent the supporting documents myself through post office. Probably a daft question but have I applied for both naturalization and passport or just naturalization? I paid only £1330

I can't quite remember what I done to be honest
You have applied for naturalisation only. Passport at the same time can only be applied for via NCS/NDRS. Passport application can be submitted once you are British, after the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.

ivetalopes

Post by ivetalopes » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:07 am

Thank you for confirming that.

That means I could have used the NCS and that way would have had a passport as well.

I think I overlooked this.

old_boy
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by old_boy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:25 pm

Does anybody know if the reference declarations need to be dated after the date of sending the application?

Oskar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Oskar » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:08 pm

Thank you alter Hase for your quick response!

I have meanwhile moved on in the form and you can download the reference forms before submitting. so, could have them signed any time before.

Would you advise to provide P60s in addition to the employer letters? Also, in general may it be better to submit too many documents just to be on the safe side (e.g. employer letters, P60, proof of job seeker allowance receipt, council tax bills etc.)

I also have an issue with the "Umlaut" (ö) in my German name. Not sure anyone can help me with this. Legally the "ö" translates to "oe" - but not many people working in agencies or organisations in this country are aware of this. The general rule is that I should use my name "as spelled in my passport" and some Brits in certain important positions seem to read the "ö" as an "o" despite the international spelling "oe" in the bottom line of the passport.

I have my whole employment history and bills with "oe". Also, my bank account is in "oe". However, my permanent residence card is spelled with "o" as this is what the person read in my passport. I also have a mortgage at another bank under "o". I had long discussions with the solicitor about this - again, this is what the person in the bank read in my passport.

For the citizenship application, my name in all my supporting documents is with "oe" except the PR card which uses "o"- and perhaps my passport depending on the person who reads it. I am a bit concerned this may be a problem. I could attach my mortgage document as well documenting this "issue" perhaps?

I also outlined this in the space where it asks "have you ever been known under any other names".

Does anyone have experience with this?
alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:33 pm
Oskar wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:45 pm
hello,

thanks for all this information below - it's very helpful!!

I am currently in the process of completing the online application and am not clear about two additional things:

1) can i print out the documents to be signed by the referees before submitting the form?
Given there is a time limit (15 days) between submission and sending of documents, I'd rather have them ready - referees go on holidays etc.
Cannot answer this one as I haven't used the on-line system - someone else needs to clarify.

2) re evidence for lawful residence, it states to provide "letters from employers, educational establishments or other Government Departments indicating presence in UK"
I am an EEA citizen and when I applied for my permanent residence card I have asked each of my previous employees to provide letters stating the dates when I was employed. Those letters do not explicitly state that I have been "present in the UK". Will I need to approach all my previous employers again and have them add a sentence to those letters?!?
The letters from employers will be sufficient if they are based in the UK. They don't need to state you were present in the country. I had one employer letter stating that I work for them, no issue.

Oskar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Oskar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 am

the request for your degree only appear if you tick the appropriate box earlier in the online form that you have this degree
old_boy wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:54 pm
@sharkhunt,

I have also a degree from UK university and have mentioned that in my PR application. However, there's nothing about education in the online citizenship form. At the end of the application the list of documents does not include any language certificates.

Do Visas & Immigration compare your PR application and citizenship application?

Also, can someone clarify how to answer the following question: Are you able to provide a biometric residence permit (BRP) card with this application? I have never had a BRP as an EU citizen.

Oskar
Newly Registered
Mood:
Germany

Post by Oskar » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 am

Does anyone know whether you need to complete the biometric form at the post office after submitting the application?
It does not show up in the checklist at the end.

Also, if this is needed, can this be done beforehand?

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 am

Oskar wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 am
Does anyone know whether you need to complete the biometric form at the post office after submitting the application?
It does not show up in the checklist at the end.

Also, if this is needed, can this be done beforehand?

Thanks!
My understanding is that once submitted you get the option to download and print the biometric enrollment letter, which you take with you to the post office.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

old_boy
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by old_boy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:39 pm

Oskar wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 am
the request for your degree only appear if you tick the appropriate box earlier in the online form that you have this degree
Nowhere in the naturalisation application I am asked to provide details for education.

Another thing that I can't really understand is the Employment section. There's a question that literally states Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK? I find the formulation ambiguous in my case. I came in the UK 6 years ago and have provided employment details for that period. Should I also provide details for my employment before I came in the UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:54 pm

old_boy wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:39 pm
Oskar wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:55 am
Nowhere in the naturalisation application I am asked to provide details for education.

Another thing that I can't really understand is the Employment section. There's a question that literally states Have you had any other work over the past 10 years or since you came to the UK? I find the formulation ambiguous in my case. I came in the UK 6 years ago and have provided employment details for that period. Should I also provide details for my employment before I came in the UK?
Being educated is irrelevant to a citizenship application.

The question in employment does say 10 years OR since you have been in the UK. HO don't care about your employment outside the UK before you moved here.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

old_boy
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by old_boy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 pm

Thank you for the reply.

I noticed that if I answer negatively to the question Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013? I am required to provide evidence of English language knowledge.

Can you advise what is this question referring to, and what's the proper way to answer? I googled it and there's a topic from this forum which references IRL applications. I am from Bulgaria and have a PR obtained last year.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:07 pm

old_boy wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:05 pm
Thank you for the reply.

I noticed that if I answer negatively to the question Have you met the requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013? I am required to provide evidence of English language knowledge.

Can you advise what is this question referring to, and what's the proper way to answer? I googled it and there's a topic from this forum which references IRL applications. I am from Bulgaria and have a PR obtained last year.
The question isn't relevant to you as you did not need to prove English for PR. So answering no is correct and you then have to provide evidence of meeting the English requirement, B1 test or UK degree or foreign degree with UK NARIC ELA and comparable assessment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm

Dear all, I will appreciate if someone can help me in below queries regarding online application form and document requirements for my wife naturalisation application.

She recently got ILR (based on 5-year route) and I have almost filled the online form as well.

Q1: When did you first arrive in UK?

Would it be the date when she arrived here beginning of 5-year period after getting Spouse visa as dependent of person settled in UK. That would be June 2013.

OR would it be when she first arrived in UK for first time as dependent of Tier-1. That would be April 2011. She had to go back home in Feb 2013 as her ILR application was refused due to not satisfying mandatory 2 year residency period. She applied from abroad for a dependent visa (spouse of person settled in UK) in March 2013, got the visa and came back UK on that visa in June 2013. She got ILR last week based on this route.

Please confirm what should I put for arrival in UK.

Q:2 Immigration details

Do we have to put all previous applications some of which we dont know exactly when we applied? or is it ok if we provide all previous applications starting from when she applied for spouse visa from abroad as dependent of person settled in UK (5-year route) from March 2013 then FLR(M) extension and then ILR.. would this be ok?

Q3: Regarding documents which we will need to take with us for NDRS+JCAP appointment? Please note she does not work so no employment related documents for her.

1. Print out of online application
2. Signed 2x Refree letters
3. 2x Photos
4. ILR BRP card
5. My British passport
5. our Son British passport (?)
6. Life in the UK test
7. Trinity B1 cert
8. Council Tax bills last 3 years
9. Water Bill last 3 years
10. GP letter of Registration
12. NHS letters in her name
13. Passport application

Anything else I am missing?
Not all those who wander are lost...

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Sorry forgot to add... how about Biometrics? do we have to take that with us at the appointment (NDRS) ?

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:44 am

dadageer wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:41 pm
Sorry forgot to add... how about Biometrics? do we have to take that with us at the appointment (NDRS) ?
You do biometrics after you submitted the application - biometrics are transmitted from the post office to Home Office, you don't get a paper version.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 am

dadageer wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:35 pm
Dear all, I will appreciate if someone can help me in below queries regarding online application form and document requirements for my wife naturalisation application.

She recently got ILR (based on 5-year route) and I have almost filled the online form as well.

Q1: When did you first arrive in UK?

Would it be the date when she arrived here beginning of 5-year period after getting Spouse visa as dependent of person settled in UK. That would be June 2013.

OR would it be when she first arrived in UK for first time as dependent of Tier-1. That would be April 2011. She had to go back home in Feb 2013 as her ILR application was refused due to not satisfying mandatory 2 year residency period. She applied from abroad for a dependent visa (spouse of person settled in UK) in March 2013, got the visa and came back UK on that visa in June 2013. She got ILR last week based on this route.

Please confirm what should I put for arrival in UK. April 2011. It does ask for date first arrived.

Q:2 Immigration details

Do we have to put all previous applications some of which we dont know exactly when we applied? or is it ok if we provide all previous applications starting from when she applied for spouse visa from abroad as dependent of person settled in UK (5-year route) from March 2013 then FLR(M) extension and then ILR.. would this be ok? All applications as the form clearly asks for. If you don't have exact dates, write month/year.

Q3: Regarding documents which we will need to take with us for NDRS+JCAP appointment? Please note she does not work so no employment related documents for her.

1. Print out of online application
2. Signed 2x Refree letters
3. 2x Photos
4. ILR BRP card
5. My British passport
5. our Son British passport (?) Not needed.
6. Life in the UK test
7. Trinity B1 cert
8. Council Tax bills last 3 years Not needed.
9. Water Bill last 3 years Not needed.
10. GP letter of Registration Not needed.
12. NHS letters in her name Not needed.
13. Passport application

Anything else I am missing?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

dadageer
Mood:

Post by dadageer » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:49 am

Thank you very much.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm

I have just filled out the new online form for BC application and the supporting document requirements seem different than the paper forms and guidance... I'm quite puzzled..
I have got a few generic and some detailed questions (I am planning to follow Online + NDRS + JCAP)
Please answer below each question if you can - Big thanks !

1-I got my ILR on 1 Aug 17 - Does that mean that I can submit my application online on 1 Aug 18?

2-What is considered as the application date - Date when I pay and submit the form online or date when they receive supporting documents from the local council (NDRS)?
I'm asking this because there is apparently a requirement to be physically present in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date.
FYI - I left the UK on 2 Aug 2013 for a 3 week holiday. So when should I apply? I don't want to wait 3 more weeks if submitting my application form online on 1 Aug 2018 is fine.

3-Do I need to provide any employer letters or anything else employment related?
Paper form AN, very last paragraph on page 31 says 'Evidence of Nat. Insurance contributions- (employer letters, payslips, p60s etc)
I don't have any of these and I had 5 separate jobs on 5 separate Tier 2 General visas (yes you heard it right - I am the Tier 2 record holder !)
The online form doesn't mention the requirement to provide evidence of National Insurance contributions or employer letters as long as you have UK entry stamps on your passport covering the necessary 5 year period.
If my passport stamps are enough as evidence, do I then send all the stamped pages of my passport through NDRS or do they only do the main identity page?

4-Online form Documents page asks for these supporting documents
-Current passport
-Current ILR BRP
-Referee declarations
-LITUK pass notification
-Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions (which is my ILR BRP I guess??)
-Evidence of identity (which is my passport)

There is no mention of employer letters or UK degree (as language requirement proof) or passport photo etc. which I absolutely don't want to bother with if these are not necessary.
Is their list complete enough? If not, what should I add?

Bonus questions (which isn't really online application related - I'm sorry CR001 please do not kill me !)
5-I have got 2 friends from college as referees. They are both British, above 25, no criminal record, know me for 6+ years and one of them is a Company Director (has his own startup company) - Are these two refs OK for this citizenship application?

6-My relationship status is Unmarried Partner (have been cohabiting with my girlfriend for years - but we aren't civil partners and aren't married) Do I need to provide her details anywhere on the online form or is it only necessary if you are legally partners?

7-Is there a council with more frequent ceremony dates and would therefore speed up the path to citizenship and passport?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm

tier2genmisery wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm
I have just filled out the new online form for BC application and the supporting document requirements seem different than the paper forms and guidance... I'm quite puzzled..
I have got a few generic and some detailed questions (I am planning to follow Online + NDRS + JCAP)
Please answer below each question if you can - Big thanks !

1-I got my ILR on 1 Aug 17 - Does that mean that I can submit my application online on 1 Aug 18?
yes

2-What is considered as the application date - Date when I pay and submit the form online or date when they receive supporting documents from the local council (NDRS)? Yes
I'm asking this because there is apparently a requirement to be physically present in the UK exactly 5 years before the application date.
FYI - I left the UK on 2 Aug 2013 for a 3 week holiday. So when should I apply? I don't want to wait 3 more weeks if submitting my application form online on 1 Aug 2018 is fine.

3-Do I need to provide any employer letters or anything else employment related? No
Paper form AN, very last paragraph on page 31 says 'Evidence of Nat. Insurance contributions- (employer letters, payslips, p60s etc)
I don't have any of these and I had 5 separate jobs on 5 separate Tier 2 General visas (yes you heard it right - I am the Tier 2 record holder !)
The online form doesn't mention the requirement to provide evidence of National Insurance contributions or employer letters as long as you have UK entry stamps on your passport covering the necessary 5 year period.
If my passport stamps are enough as evidence, do I then send all the stamped pages of my passport through NDRS or do they only do the main identity page? your whole passoort(s) will be copied by NDRS.

-Current passport
-Current ILR BRP
-Referee declarations
-LITUK pass notification
-Proof of freedom from immigration time restrictions (which is my ILR BRP I guess??)

There is no mention of employer letters or UK degree (as language requirement proof) or passport photo etc. which I absolutely don't want to bother with if these are not necessary.
Is their list complete enough? If not, what should I add? No need for employer letters. You must send evidence of meeting the English requirement though and photos

Bonus questions (which isn't really online application related - I'm sorry CR001 please do not kill me !)
5-I have got 2 friends from college as referees. They are both British, above 25, no criminal record, know me for 6+ years and one of them is a Company Director (has his own startup company) - Are these two refs OK for this citizenship application? Both are fine.

6-My relationship status is Unmarried Partner (have been cohabiting with my girlfriend for years - but we aren't civil partners and aren't married) Do I need to provide her details anywhere on the online form or is it only necessary if you are legally partners? Irrelevant as you are not married.

7-Is there a council with more frequent ceremony dates and would therefore speed up the path to citizenship and passport? Like asking how long is a piece of string. Do you know How many councils are in the UK?? Exactly so it varies greatly.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:54 am

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm
tier2genmisery wrote:

2-What is considered as the application date - Date when I pay and submit the form online or date when they receive supporting documents from the local council (NDRS)? Yes

'Yes' to which one? Could you please clarify?

3-Do I need to provide any employer letters or anything else employment related? No

Very interesting... This means that the paper form supporting document requirements are different than online form requirements and this makes online application a lot easier than the paper one. It would take me at least 2 months to get letters from 5 employers !
A lot of people are talking about sending employer letters on this forum so this makes me quite frustrated..

-Current passport
-Current ILR BRP
-Referee declarations
-LITUK pass notification

Is their list complete enough? If not, what should I add? No need for employer letters. You must send evidence of meeting the English requirement though and photos

Again this just suggests that the online form supporting documents list is incomplete because it doesn't mention the language proof requirement..

7-Is there a council with more frequent ceremony dates and would therefore speed up the path to citizenship and passport? Like asking how long is a piece of string. Do you know How many councils are in the UK?? Exactly so it varies greatly.

Sorry I have been very unclear about this. I meant to ask whether there is a better performing and preferred council in London based on other peoples NDRS or NCS experiences

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 am

tier2genmisery wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:54 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm
tier2genmisery wrote:

'Yes' to which one? Could you please clarify?I answered yes to your date of app question, where my "yes" was strategically placed after the specific question. If you submit and pay on 1st of Aug, you must have been physically present exactly 5 years previously.

Very interesting... This means that the paper form supporting document requirements are different than online form requirements and this makes online application a lot easier than the paper one. It would take me at least 2 months to get letters from 5 employers !
A lot of people are talking about sending employer letters on this forum so this makes me quite frustrated..

Not required. Pls remember the form is also used for EU nationals who are required to submit such evidence. [minimal docs required for naturalisation, it is not a rerun of visa or ILR.

-Current passport
-Current ILR BRP
-Referee declarations
-LITUK pass notification

Again this just suggests that the online form supporting documents list is incomplete because it doesn't mention the language proof requirement..
HO is aware of the glitch re English requirement evidence. A member posted about it a week ago. If you don't submit it, you will likely be asked for it and it will delay your application.

Sorry I have been very unclear about this. I meant to ask whether there is a better performing and preferred council in London based on other peoples NDRS or NCS experiences
Applying using NDRS is not the same thing as your ceremony. You can use any NDRS but your ceremony is usually at the council where you live unless you specifically state in the form another council you wish to have ceremony at.
Char (CR001 not Casa)