ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Received vignette with full grant but no BRP

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Mkaziz
Newly Registered
Iraq

Received vignette with full grant but no BRP

Post by Mkaziz » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 pm

Hi there can you please help
I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur from Iraq which goes through the British embassy in Jordan.when I applied I specifield which post office in would like to get my BRP from when I arrive in the UK. I got my photos and fingerprint's taken in Baghdad. They have sent back the passport from Jordan with a vignette with full grant of leave for 3 years and 4 months with no letter or anything else with it. I actualy thought it was refused but thankfully found the visa on a random page.
I have arrived in UK and went to pick up my BRP but the post office does not have it and they were confused as told me I should have got a 30 day vignette and then get BRP With full grant of leave rather than a full grant vignette on passport and they have not seen this before. I tried contacting the home office online through their BRP query form but been over 15 working days and no reply apart from confirmation of receiving the query and stating they will get back to me within 5 working days.

What do I do next as seems that I should have a BRP issued but there was no confirmation letter when I got the visa on the passport on next steps.

Also I was wondering if there is any need to register with police or I don't need to do that? The visa sticker has no information about registering with police.

Thank you

marcnath

Re: Received vignette with full grant but no BRP

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:09 am

Mkaziz wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:09 pm
Hi there can you please help
I have applied for tier 1 entrepreneur from Iraq which goes through the British embassy in Jordan.when I applied I specifield which post office in would like to get my BRP from when I arrive in the UK. I got my photos and fingerprint's taken in Baghdad. They have sent back the passport from Jordan with a vignette with full grant of leave for 3 years and 4 months with no letter or anything else with it. I actualy thought it was refused but thankfully found the visa on a random page.
I have arrived in UK and went to pick up my BRP but the post office does not have it and they were confused as told me I should have got a 30 day vignette and then get BRP With full grant of leave rather than a full grant vignette on passport and they have not seen this before. I tried contacting the home office online through their BRP query form but been over 15 working days and no reply apart from confirmation of receiving the query and stating they will get back to me within 5 working days.

What do I do next as seems that I should have a BRP issued but there was no confirmation letter when I got the visa on the passport on next steps.

Also I was wondering if there is any need to register with police or I don't need to do that? The visa sticker has no information about registering with police.

Thank you
Try calling HO and emailing them.

There should be no issues of urgency but it would be good to get it sorted out.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

vinny

Re: Received vignette with full grant but no BRP

Post by vinny » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:28 am

The 30-days vignette validity appears to be a bad idea from the start.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.