ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

eea2 application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

copper
Newly Registered

eea2 application

Post by copper » Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi ALL,

I made an application on eea2 as a family member of eu nation on 13 october 2007.I have not got my docements back so far.Last week I wrote a complaint letter to home office,but no reply till now.I strongly started thinking My visa application may be refused.I am really scared of it.

In the event of refuse of my visa application,What i am going to do?what is the procedure?is anyone faced in the same situtaion?

thanks

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Write them another letter and tell them they are legally required to give you a reply as soon as possible and in no cases later than 6 months from the application. Say that you want the Residence Card issued immediately, and that they are in breach of the law.

thsths

Post by thsths » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:02 am

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Write them another letter and tell them they are legally required to give you a reply as soon as possible and in no cases later than 6 months from the application. Say that you want the Residence Card issued immediately, and that they are in breach of the law.
I agree that this is the correct, but do they care? I would also recommend to escalate the issue, via the MP under UK law or via SOLVIT under EU law.

Oh, and please report how it goes.

Tom

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:39 am

You can always go to court, even small claims court, and sue them. You stand a good chance of getting money and they will definitely take notice and start moving quickly. There is some clear ECJ case law in this area.

Linley
Newly Registered

EEA2

Post by Linley » Wed May 07, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi there,

I am in a similar situation. I applied for the EEA2 residency card on 29 October 07 and still haven't heard anything. I rang the Home Office and was told my application was under consideration.
I was however told I could ask for my passport back and it wouldn't affect my application. That raises the question of what I can show at the airport when I arrive back in the UK after my holidays, but at least I can go on holidays.
Let me know how you are getting on.

Cheers

copper
Newly Registered

Post by copper » Wed May 07, 2008 12:54 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately,I have not heard anything from home office.I wrote two comlaints letter to customer complaint deparment and eea2 application unit.I can see my complaint letters will be used for statical data.

I also put my complaint on Solvit last Sunday, so far no answer.

I gave up phoning to home office as the same answer.it is useless.

What I am going to now? I will be waiting till get my documents back.

I am not thinking of going to court right now.It aslo will take some time may be another 6 months.

Its very annoying.I want to go to abroad to see my family but i cant go to there right now.I stucked here.I can request my passort back,but How I am going to back to the uk?

anyway lets see what will happen in the following weeks.

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Wed May 07, 2008 1:36 pm

The same thing happened to me. I applied for the eea2 5th of Nov, 2007. It is so annoying the whole procedures. I'm stuck in this country now, cannot go anywhere.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 07, 2008 1:52 pm

mimiki wrote:The same thing happened to me. I applied for the eea2 5th of Nov, 2007. It is so annoying the whole procedures. I'm stuck in this country now, cannot go anywhere.
Why can you not go anywhere? Is there something special about your case that prevents you from travelling?

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Wed May 07, 2008 3:11 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:
mimiki wrote:The same thing happened to me. I applied for the eea2 5th of Nov, 2007. It is so annoying the whole procedures. I'm stuck in this country now, cannot go anywhere.
Why can you not go anywhere? Is there something special about your case that prevents you from travelling?
Because my visa expired in December 2007. Is it possible for me to travel without a valid visa?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 07, 2008 3:37 pm

Your EEA family permit? Which nationality are you?

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Wed May 07, 2008 3:43 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Your EEA family permit? Which nationality are you?
I came here with visitor visa. My husband and I applied for the COA form and got married in November, 2007. And we applied for the residence card before my visitor visa expired in Dec. 2007. My nationality is Chinese. Will my application be refused on the ground that I didnt came here with a family permit. Thank you.

John

Post by John » Wed May 07, 2008 4:27 pm

No, as soon as you married you acquired your EU Treaty Rights. Any Residence Card that is issued after application made on form EEA2 is merely confirmatory of the rights you already have.
John

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed May 07, 2008 4:31 pm

Do you have a confirmation letter for your application for a Residence Card? Where do you want to travel?

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Wed May 07, 2008 4:40 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote:Do you have a confirmation letter for your application for a Residence Card? Where do you want to travel?
Yes, I received it end of November 2007. I would like to travel outside of EU. Is it a good idea for me to write a complaint letter to Solvit to push the progress?

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Wed May 07, 2008 4:41 pm

John wrote:No, as soon as you married you acquired your EU Treaty Rights. Any Residence Card that is issued after application made on form EEA2 is merely confirmatory of the rights you already have.
Thanks a lot for ur reply.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu May 08, 2008 4:47 am

I would contact the home office if they have not processed the application after 6m. If you do not hear back from them within 2w, then contact solvit.

On the other hand if it is urgent, then contact solvit immediately as they sometimes take a while to get started

Ani
Newly Registered

Post by Ani » Fri May 09, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi, we are also in a similar position - we applied for my fiance's EEA2 on 9th August 2007 & still no decision. We have now sent 2 complaints, 3 letters requesting infomation, & 4 phone calls! We have been told nothing as to why it is taking so long or what is going on, only the standard reply of "it's under consideration". There's obviously something that's stopping them from giving it, but at the same time there's something that's stopping them from refusing it, they just won't tell us what it is!

Can anyone give advice on the process for taking legal action? It's looking like this may now be our only option.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri May 09, 2008 1:27 pm

Have you contacted Solvit?

Ani
Newly Registered

Post by Ani » Fri May 09, 2008 1:38 pm

I've just had a look at their website, will they take the case on as my fiance is Albanian? Or is it enough that I'm EEA national & it's an EEA application?

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri May 09, 2008 1:43 pm

Ani wrote:I've just had a look at their website, will they take the case on as my fiance is Albanian? Or is it enough that I'm EEA national & it's an EEA application?
Solvit deals with application of EU law. In this case the UK should process the Residence Card application as soon as possible, and they have also exceeded the 6-month maximum for them to process the application.

It does not matter your partner's nationality. It only matters that she is a family member of you.

Ani
Newly Registered

Post by Ani » Fri May 09, 2008 1:51 pm

Thank you so much for your advice. I'll get moving with contacting Solvit. Fingers crossed!

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Fri May 09, 2008 8:56 pm

Directive/2004/38/EC wrote: Solvit deals with application of EU law. In this case the UK should process the Residence Card application as soon as possible.
Do they still have to proceed the Residence card applications within 6 months even in cases when the non EU family member is actually an extended family member (unmarried partner, fiance etc) and not legally here?

Also, it seems that in these circumstances (extended family member & not legally here) Solvit agrees that the person has no rights to a residence card and therefore, cannot make the BIA to issue a residence card.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 437#157437
Do not live your life in fear.

mimiki
Newly Registered

Post by mimiki » Sat May 10, 2008 1:29 am

I sent a complaint form to SOLVIT centre in the country where my husband comes from and forwarded it to SOLVIT UK this Thursday. My husband called the home SOLVIT on Friday and the caseworker said he has already started dealling with our complaint, he would contact both UKBA and SOLVIT UK centre and gave us a reply next week. Hope we will have better luck with SOLVIT. Finger cross.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Sat May 10, 2008 6:47 am

tasha75 wrote:Do they still have to proceed the Residence card applications within 6 months even in cases when the non EU family member is actually an extended family member (unmarried partner, fiance etc) and not legally here?

Also, it seems that in these circumstances (extended family member & not legally here) Solvit agrees that the person has no rights to a residence card and therefore, cannot make the BIA to issue a residence card.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 437#157437
Solvit can not force anyone to do anything. But they have back routes in and can point out when Eu law is not being well applied. They also have reporting lines into the EU.

6 months is the limit. The Residence Card should be issued far faster than that, but in the UK and Ireland it is normally done right at 6 months. Germany I understand often issues them immediately.

copper
Newly Registered

Post by copper » Mon May 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi,

as you see I applied for residence card but I have not recived mu documents back yet.However,I started thinking about some points:

1.When I applied for residence card ,we had 3 months old baby and receiving working tax credit and child tax credit benefits,because my wife was her maternity leave.I was working as well,but my earning so much then I changed my job with better one .is it affect my application?

2.at the time of residence card application,my wife has not completed a continues period of 12 months employment in the uk but when I sent away application form,after 1 month she was working for 12 months in the uk.of course she did not work 6 months because of her maternity leave,but her employer stated that she is still employed .

I am wondering now all these effect my application?