ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland Tourist Visa after 1-Year UK Re-Entry Ban

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tupsy
Newly Registered
China

Ireland Tourist Visa after 1-Year UK Re-Entry Ban

Post by tupsy » Wed May 02, 2018 4:11 am

Hi fellow members,

I previously overstayed a student visa in the UK by 4 years, during which time I had not untaken any employment as I was solely sponsored by my family. (I had lied to them that I was continuing my studies.) I voluntarily returned home to China two and a half year ago and was given a 1-year re-entry ban at the airport after a passport check. Since then I've travelled to Japan and Schengen countries on tourist visas a few times.

I now want to visit Dublin with my partner (a fellow Chinese citizen) on a tourist visa. I understand the severity of my overstay in the UK and the countries' immigration connection with each other.

I intend to fully disclose the overstay and the ban. I wonder how likely my application is going to be successful if my other supporting materials are solid (flights, accommodation, finance, itinerary etc.). And if there is anything I should take notice of? I cannot be more grateful for any advice!!!

THANK YOU!

tupsy
Newly Registered
China

Re: Ireland Tourist Visa after 1-Year UK Re-Entry Ban

Post by tupsy » Wed May 02, 2018 6:15 pm

Anyone who can shed some light for me?

mh123
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mh123 » Thu May 03, 2018 12:26 am

hi tupsy ..
ireland and uk both countries does share data on immigrations ..however if you are applying for ireland visa you must tell them all of your immigration history while staying in U.K .otherwise most chance they will find out anyway ..in 1 of the similer case which i heard they refused entry of one person at dublin airport because they thinks that he was only using this land to go to U.K .however u must tell them ur whole immigration history would b better for u ..then see do you get visa or not ..

lora28
Newly Registered

Post by lora28 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:52 pm

Hi Tupsy,

Did you apply? Were you successful?
I'm keen to find out wether UK history has any impact on Irish visa.
Thank you