ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK citizen travelling with Expired Indian passport Rules

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sudhakar2222
Newly Registered

UK citizen travelling with Expired Indian passport Rules

Post by sudhakar2222 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm

I have applied British passport for my child and expecting to be received shortly.

After receiving red passport, can we do travel to India with expired Indian passport. I believe, in UK airport we will show our red passport for verification and not sure whether Indian authorities allow with expired Indian passport.

While we are back to UK, anyway we will show our red passport in immigration check.

Because to apply OCI, it is taking 4-6 weeks time and we are planning to travel in august holidays. So pls help in answering the solution and best route to proceed on this issue.

rooney0511

Re: UK citizen travelling with Expired Indian passport Rules

Post by rooney0511 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:37 pm

sudhakar2222 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm
I have applied British passport for my child and expecting to be received shortly.

After receiving red passport, can we do travel to India with expired Indian passport. I believe, in UK airport we will show our red passport for verification and not sure whether Indian authorities allow with expired Indian passport.

While we are back to UK, anyway we will show our red passport in immigration check.

Because to apply OCI, it is taking 4-6 weeks time and we are planning to travel in august holidays. So pls help in answering the solution and best route to proceed on this issue.
You cannot travel with an expired passport to India.

Firstly, you need to surrender the Indian passport and get a surrender certificate.

Then if your travel is urgent and less than 30 days you can apply for an e-visa online which you should get
in 2 hours time.

The Airline agents will refuse boarding if you attempt to travel on an expired passport and also having
another nationality.

Even if ignorantly they let you board, you will be stuck in the airport immigration in India as no way they will let you into the country, you will be put back on the next flight back to England.

takdeerwala
India

Re: UK citizen travelling with Expired Indian passport Rules

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:28 am

sudhakar2222 wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:57 pm

No. You cannot do this. First of all, Passport is not only for verification before boarding the flight. They also check whether you have proper authorization to enter your final destination. Passport and visa/OCi if necessary is required. With expired Indian passport and only British passport with no authorization to enter India, they will send you home from London airport only.

How about eVisa for India after getting British Passport ??