ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

does the CAS date matter with 28 day rule?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ka97
Newly Registered
India

Showing funds for T4 application

Post by ka97 » Thu May 31, 2018 2:19 pm

Hi,

In the Tier 4 application guidelines, there is a clause that states:

If you are providing evidence of Official Financial Sponsorship, in addition to evidence of your own personal funds, any money paid to you by your Official Financial Sponsor will not be considered as available personal funds.
Money cannot be counted twice as evidence of maintenance.

However, I will be taking a Loan in addition to my personal funds for the tuition fees and maintenance. I had planned to use the loan to fully fund my tuition fees and partially the maintenance amount, while the rest of the maintenance I was hoping to cover with personal funds. Will this be an issue which implies I can only use the loan for tuition fees?

ka97
Newly Registered
India

does the CAS date matter with 28 day rule?

Post by ka97 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Hi,

Currently I am waiting for my bank account to hold funds for 28 days. I have accepted a scholarship but it is not yet updated onto my CAS statement. Is it acceptable if an updated CAS with later date is issued to me, while I have already started holding funds for the final amount?
Is there a compulsion to start holding the funds for 28 days after the CAS date?

Thanks

wikki
BANNED
Mood:

Re: does the CAS date matter with 28 day rule?

Post by wikki » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:40 pm

ka97 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:29 pm
Hi,

Currently I am waiting for my bank account to hold funds for 28 days. I have accepted a scholarship but it is not yet updated onto my CAS statement. Is it acceptable if an updated CAS with later date is issued to me, while I have already started holding funds for the final amount?
Is there a compulsion to start holding the funds for 28 days after the CAS date?

Thanks
There is no such rule. Your funds must have been in your bank account for 28 consecutive days prior to the day you submit the online application.