ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Going on holiday before premium centre appointment

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

A6876
Newly Registered
United States of America

Going on holiday before premium centre appointment

Post by A6876 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Bit of a conundrum -

I'm applying for an unmarried partner's visa. The application asks you to list every time you have left the UK since you began living here (in my case, 4 years ago). I've done this.

However, I can't seem to get an in-person appointment at a premium service centre in the next 45 days (still constantly refreshing the website at all times of day trying to find appointments). This creates a problem - I've listed every time I've been out of the country in the PAST, but I will be going to Canada for a week's holiday in August, and likely if I get an in-person appointment it will be after that! There's even a chance it might be after a wedding I'm attending in Washington DC in September.

I've now payed my Immigration Health Surcharge. That means I can't change any of the answers on my application anymore, so I can't add these trips in.

Will the fact that I didn't list this one (potentially two) trips out of the country in my application mean that my visa application might be denied?

Any advice would be great - even if it's just advice on how to get a premium appointment quicker than simply refreshing the page all the time!

Thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Going on holiday before premium centre appointment

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:39 pm

A simple covering letter listing then and explaining would be OK.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

A6876
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Going on holiday before premium centre appointment

Post by A6876 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:43 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:39 pm
A simple covering letter listing then and explaining would be OK.
Good suggestion - thank you so much!