ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to India, on eVisa without surrender certificate

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

moving to uk

Travelling to India, on eVisa without surrender certificate

Post by moving to uk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 pm

Hi

Can a person travel to India on a recently acquired UK passport, with an E Visa and, without having a surrender certificate (Indian passport not surrendered)?

As far as I know, unlike a regular tourist visa, an E Visa does not require details of surrender certificate.

Can anyone share their experience if they were asked about surrender certificate (or proof of surrender of Indian passport) at the port of entry or while leaving (as India implements exit immigration checks) whilst travelling on an E Visa?

Can someone who has been in this situation or has travelled on an E Visa (without a surrender certificate) please share their experiences?

I have trawled the forums, seen a few posts with similar questions but haven't seen any satisfactory answers.

regards
m2uk

takdeerwala
India

Re: Travelling to India, on eVisa without surrender certificate

Post by takdeerwala » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:18 am

moving to uk wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:00 pm
Hi

Can a person travel to India on a recently acquired UK passport, with an E Visa and, without having a surrender certificate (Indian passport not surrendered)?

As far as I know, unlike a regular tourist visa, an E Visa does not require details of surrender certificate.

Can anyone share their experience if they were asked about surrender certificate (or proof of surrender of Indian passport) at the port of entry or while leaving (as India implements exit immigration checks) whilst travelling on an E Visa?

Can someone who has been in this situation or has travelled on an E Visa (without a surrender certificate) please share their experiences?

I have trawled the forums, seen a few posts with similar questions but haven't seen any satisfactory answers.

regards
m2uk
Some people have done that. e-visa is based on your current status of British Passport. As far as you dont use your Indian Passport anywhere, it should be fine.

Are you planning to do Surrender / renunciation after returning to UK or in India itself ??

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:16 pm

hi takdeerwala

thanks for your reply. my trip in india is just a week long, so i am planning to surrender/renounce after i come back.

moving to uk

Post by moving to uk » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:58 am

Hi

Can anyone who traveled with an E Visa share their experience whether they were asked about surrender cert at the port of entry?

regards,
m2uk

HarryC

Post by HarryC » Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:55 pm

hi
can anyone please share their experience

will there be an issue if ones travel on e-visa tourist without surrendering indian passport
my indian passport is anyways expired.

thanks
harry

supernova

Post by supernova » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:52 am

I have traveled to India on e-visa on UK passport, while still retaining my Indian passport as I didn't have time to surrender it. No Issues faced whatsoever. As far as you are not using your Indian passport - No issues.