ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 PBS Dependant Checklist

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Apply for tier 2 Dependant Visa from Tier 2 Main Applicant

Post by Sholly123 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 am

Hello Immigration Gurus,

I am on tier 2 Visa but it is expiring in Sept 2018 and my company is not extending my Visa.. My husband is on tier 2 PBS Visa but he has got a job as Civil Engineer and his company is willing to sponsor him.

My questions are:

- Will he be required to fly back to India to apply for his Tier 2 General Visa?
-I am going to switch to his Dependant once he gets his Visa. Do I need to travel to India to get my Visa or I can apply here from the Uk?
-He needs to stay in India for sometime due to his Sister's Marriage, do I have the option to apply for dependant Visa from the Uk before my Husband travels to Uk with his new Visa? I actually want to avoid travel costs if I can apply from Uk before my husband is physically present here in Uk with his new Visa.

Looking forward for some positive answers

thank you

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Re: Apply for tier 2 Dependant Visa from Tier 2 Main Applicant

Post by Sv2018 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:15 am

Sholly123 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 am
Hello Immigration Gurus,

I am on tier 2 Visa but it is expiring in Sept 2018 and my company is not extending my Visa.. My husband is on tier 2 PBS Visa but he has got a job as Civil Engineer and his company is willing to sponsor him.

My questions are:

- Will he be required to fly back to India to apply for his Tier 2 General Visa? Yes
-I am going to switch to his Dependant once he gets his Visa. Do I need to travel to India to get my Visa or I can apply here from the Uk? You can apply from the UK provided your current visa remain valid. Otherwise, if your husband gets his Tier 2 visa after your current visa expires you have to fly back and apply from India
-He needs to stay in India for sometime due to his Sister's Marriage, do I have the option to apply for dependant Visa from the Uk before my Husband travels to Uk with his new Visa? I actually want to avoid travel costs if I can apply from Uk before my husband is physically present here in Uk with his new Visa. See response 2

thank you

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:17 am

Sholly123 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:45 am
Hello Immigration Gurus,

My questions are:

- Will he be required to fly back to India to apply for his Tier 2 General Visa? Yes
-I am going to switch to his Dependant once he gets his Visa. Do I need to travel to India to get my Visa or I can apply here from the Uk? You can apply from the UK provided your current visa remain valid. Otherwise, if your husband apply/gets his Tier 2 visa after your current visa expires you have to fly back and apply from India
-He needs to stay in India for sometime due to his Sister's Marriage, do I have the option to apply for dependant Visa from the Uk before my Husband travels to Uk with his new Visa? I actually want to avoid travel costs if I can apply from Uk before my husband is physically present here in Uk with his new Visa. See response 2

thank you

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sholly123 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 am

Thanks so mcuh Sc2018. What If I apply in Uk before my Visa expire while application of my husband is stil being considered and attach a cover letter to consider my application after considering my Husband’s visa application. I can give reference of his application number in my cover letter and also attach a cover letter from my husband with my application that He wants to sponsor me as a dependant?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:51 am

Sholly123 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:49 am
Thanks so mcuh Sc2018. What If I apply in Uk before my Visa expire while application of my husband is stil being considered and attach a cover letter to consider my application after considering my Husband’s visa application. I can give reference of his application number in my cover letter and also attach a cover letter from my husband with my application that He wants to sponsor me as a dependant?
You can't. Your husband must have a visa and be back in the UK for you to switch to dependent visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sholly123 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:02 am

Thanks CR001. Any link you could share to support that?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am

Sholly123 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:02 am

Many thanks
If you wish to apply at the same time, you need to apply in home country.

You are not able to apply in country for a PBS Dependent visa if you do now have your partner in the country with a PBS main applicant visa. You either need to apply for entry clearance together or you will need to wait till partner's visa is approved and is back in the UK.

Immigration Rules Part 8, PBS Dependents, 319C(b)(i) and (ii)

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ly-members
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Postal Priority

Post by Sholly123 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:58 pm

Hi All,

I need to apply for Tier 2 Dependant Visa using Postal Priority before 31st July 2018. What is the procedure to apply for it? Also, what are the chances for getting premium appointment by 31st July? I am actually waiting for my Husband to get his tier 2 Visa before I apply for my leave to remain. He has already applied and awaiting a decision on this application.

Many thanks

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Tier 2 General to Tier 2 PBS Dependant Checklist

Post by Sholly123 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:17 am

Dear All,

I am on Tier 2 General and now switching Visa to Tier 2 Dependant(My Husband is applying for tier 2 General).
I am going to apply within Uk and need to know if the below documents are enough for applying as Tier 2 Dependant:

1.Visa Application form
2. My old and current Passport
3. My Current BRP
4. Copy of My Husband's COS
5.Copy of My Husband's entry clearance Visa/BRP and Copy of my Husband first two passport pages.
6. Joint bank Statement confirming our address and meeting maint. requirement of £630 for last 90 days. bank Statement not older than 30 days on the date of application.
7. Tenancy agreement confirming we are living together and intend to be living together
8. Our utility bills with our names confirming we have lived together in the past.
9. Both of our driving license confirming we are living at the same address.
10. Our Marriage Certificate.
11.Air tickets confirming we travelled together in the past for holidays and our Pictures taken together.
12.My Uk Degree to meet english requirement
13.My Cover letter
14. My Husband's Cover letter confirming that he wants me to be his dependant and he is going to support me financially during his stay in the UK without recourse to any public funds.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to add to this list?

Many thanks

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sholly123 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:22 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am
Sholly123 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:02 am

Many thanks

You are not able to apply in country for a PBS Dependent visa if you do now have your partner in the country with a PBS main applicant visa. You either need to apply for entry clearance together or you will need to wait till partner's visa is approved and is back in the UK.

Thank you CR001. Actually, when I was filling the form online for PBS dependant Visa, it was giving me an option to put Entry Clearance Visa Number of my Partner. I called to confirm if I can apply using this Entry clearance Visa without my Husband travelling to UK due to the fact that my visa will expire before my husband travels back to the UK, home office correspondent confirmed that It is not necessary for my husband to travel to UK for my to apply for PBS Visa in the UK. Entry Clearance Visa number is enough for case worker to make a decision on my application? Do you agree with this? I have emailed public.enquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk to confirm this in writing.

thanks

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier 2 General to Tier 2 PBS Dependant Checklist

Post by Sholly123 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:13 pm

Hi there,

Could you please assist me with the queries? Specially with the priority postal application?

Many thanks

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sholly123 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:02 am

Dear Respected gurus,

Could you please assist me with postal priority and dependant Visa checklist? I need to apply before 31st July, need to act quickly.any help or guidanxe wouls be much appreciated!

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sholly123 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:12 am

Dear All,

I am on Tier 2 General and now switching Visa to Tier 2 Dependant(My Husband is applying for tier 2 General).
I am going to apply within Uk and need to know if the below documents are enough for applying as Tier 2 Dependant:

1.Visa Application form
2. My old and current Passport
3. My Current BRP
4. Copy of My Husband's COS
5.Copy of My Husband's entry clearance Visa/BRP and Copy of my Husband first two passport pages.
6. Joint bank Statement confirming our address and meeting maint. requirement of £630 for last 90 days. bank Statement not older than 30 days on the date of application.
7. Tenancy agreement confirming we are living together and intend to be living together
8. Our utility bills with our names confirming we have lived together in the past.
9. Both of our driving license confirming we are living at the same address.
10. Our Marriage Certificate.
11.Air tickets confirming we travelled together in the past for holidays and our Pictures taken together.
12.My Uk Degree to meet english requirement
13.My Cover letter
14. My Husband's Cover letter confirming that he wants me to be his dependant and he is going to support me financially during his stay in the UK without recourse to any public funds.

Please let me know if there is anything else I need to add to this list?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:08 am

There is no English requirement for PBS dependent visas.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Sholly123
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sholly123 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:01 am

thanks CR001.

regarding
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 am

thanks for sharing this information. I am confused regarding the requirement for my husband to be in the UK before I can apply for tier 2 dependent Visa.Immigration Rules Part 8, PBS Dependents, 319C(b)(i) and (ii) states that:

319(b) The applicant must be the spouse or civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partner of a person who:
(i) has valid leave to enter or remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant, or
(ii) is, at the same time, being granted entry clearance or leave to remain as a Relevant Points Based System Migrant,

Nowhere can I find this requirement in the Immigration rules. Could you please please assist? I called home office and they confirmed that I can apply for tier 2 PBS dependent Visa in the UK provided my husband has got entry clearance Visa.it does not require him to travel to UK before I could apply. While also filling out the PBS dependent form online, it is asking me for either BRP or entry clearance of the main applicant.Could you and anyone reading this post shed some light on what I shall do?

Many thanks