ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions on Tier 2 Application Forms

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

andrewrrobinson
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Questions on Tier 2 Application Forms

Post by andrewrrobinson » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:23 pm

Hello

I've just received my cos after a few months of waiting am now in the process of filling out the application from on visas-immigration.service.gov.uk (assuming this is the right place for the tier two visa?) My questions arise on a couple of the relatively simple parts which just seem to be more difficult than they should be. To preface this I have lived in the UK previously on a tier 5 (youth mobility) visa.

With regards to the questions about having received medical treatment in the UK, do they expect you to (firstly remember every time) and put in every time that you visited the GP when you lived in the UK? Or just if you received more serious medical treatment?

Secondly with regards to visits to the UK, since living in the UK I have vide the UK once which is fine as my most recent visit to the UK but for my second most recent visit, this was when I living in the UK for two years and hence entered the UK 20 times or so over the two year period. would it be best to consider this as one visa or to just put in the last time I visited?

With regards to visits to NZ, Australia, the US or Canada do they consider returning to NZ after a holiday 'visiting' or should I just put the most recent country I visited on holiday?

Finally with the vists to other countries questions, do I need to put in every country I have visited in the last ten years (probably 60+ separate trips) and how accurate do I need to be with the duration? ie if I went for 16 days is it ok to say two weeks?

Sorry for all the questions, I just don't want to make a simple mistake after waiting so long for the COS

Thanks

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Questions on Tier 2 Application Forms

Post by Pouf101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:28 pm

I'm in the same situation and submitted my application yesterday. This is simply what I ended up doing:

"With regards to the questions about having received medical treatment in the UK, do they expect you to (firstly remember every time) and put in every time that you visited the GP when you lived in the UK? Or just if you received more serious medical treatment?"

I would think you certainly need to put down that you've accessed the NHS. I only wrote down the first 2 visits (my dates being complete guesses within my Tier 5 validity period). At the end of the application (where you can add any comments), I added that I occasionally visited the clinic listed whilst on the Tier 5, but cannot remember exact dates. However, all visits were during my visa validity period and I had paid the IHS fee upon my tier 5 visa application.

"Secondly with regards to visits to the UK, since living in the UK I have vide the UK once which is fine as my most recent visit to the UK but for my second most recent visit, this was when I living in the UK for two years and hence entered the UK 20 times or so over the two year period. would it be best to consider this as one visa or to just put in the last time I visited?"

I put my last visit to the UK as the date of entry on my Tier 5 visa (eg. June 2016), and visit duration as 2 years. In reason for visit I selected Other and wrote out "work on Tier 5 Youth mobility visa".

"With regards to visits to NZ, Australia, the US or Canada do they consider returning to NZ after a holiday 'visiting' or should I just put the most recent country I visited on holiday?"

I didn't count returning to my home country for my visa application as a visit, given that I'm a national. This is just my interpretation however. I included my last travel to another country listed.

"Finally with the vists to other countries questions, do I need to put in every country I have visited in the last ten years (probably 60+ separate trips) and how accurate do I need to be with the duration? ie if I went for 16 days is it ok to say two weeks?"

The form stops you after about 5 visits, so I only listed the last 5 "other countries". My trip durations were estimates so could be off by 1-2 days. I went off stamps in my passport when available.

thisB
Canada

Post by thisB » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:59 pm

I'm finding the country thing really confusing in the new application, whereas the last website you had to fill in as many details as it could, you are not able to on the new site. I thought about putting my extended travel information in the 'any other information' section; can't tell if that would be overkill or not? Does anyone have a template of what information they included in the last section?

andrewrrobinson
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by andrewrrobinson » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:02 pm

Pouf101 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:28 pm
The form stops you after about 5 visits, so I only listed the last 5 "other countries". My trip durations were estimates so could be off by 1-2 days. I went off stamps in my passport when available.
Interesting, I've put in ten countries so far and it hasn't stopped asking me yet

Pouf101
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Pouf101 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:15 pm

Actually, I may be wrong. I could go on forever in the "listed countries + shengen" but it had me stop at 2. However, I think I may have only been to 5 or so "other countries" (that I can recall), so I didn't need to see whether I could add more, sorry!

andrewrrobinson
Newly Registered
New Zealand

Post by andrewrrobinson » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:32 pm

So does anybody know the answers to these questions?