ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nest - Pension Scheme.

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Rocher

Pension scheme

Post by Rocher » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:17 pm

Dear respected members I need some information regarding pension scheme.

We were enrolled on government's auto pension scheme since last year and we were paying nothing for that.

My question is do i really need to buy separate pension scheme for my business or i can carry on without a proper pension scheme???

I have got a quote online if i buy pension scheme for my business i will end up paying about £1100 annually based on my business circumstances.

Dear members is there any way to save up some money out of pension scheme????

marcnath

Re: Pension scheme

Post by marcnath » Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:23 pm

Rocher wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:17 pm
Dear respected members I need some information regarding pension scheme.

We were enrolled on government's auto pension scheme since last year and we were paying nothing for that.

My question is do i really need to buy separate pension scheme for my business or i can carry on without a proper pension scheme???

I have got a quote online if i buy pension scheme for my business i will end up paying about £1100 annually based on my business circumstances.

Dear members is there any way to save up some money out of pension scheme????
This is not an immigration related matter so you should talk to your accountant.

But in general, Pension enrolment is mandatory and you need to set up a pension scheme and pay into your employees pension funds (there are a few exceptions).

You don't "buy" pension schemes, you enrol in them.

There are many pension providers who can charge all kind of charges but there is also NEST, which does not charge anything.

Of course, you still need to pay the actual pension amount to the employees pension account and that is a % of the salary you are paying.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Rocher

Post by Rocher » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:13 am

Thanks Marcnath.

Just one more thing, being on Tier-1 Ent Visa, Do we really need to enroll on pension scheme.?

Our ILR is due next year on basis of 5 years. So I was just worried if its gona leave any bad impact on my ILR application.

marcnath

Post by marcnath » Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:29 am

Rocher wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:13 am
Thanks Marcnath.

Just one more thing, being on Tier-1 Ent Visa, Do we really need to enroll on pension scheme.?

Our ILR is due next year on basis of 5 years. So I was just worried if its gona leave any bad impact on my ILR application.
Again, nothing to do with the T1E Visa.

UK law requires employers to be enrolled in a pension scheme. You should have received plenty of letters from the Works and Pensions on this subject over the past couple of years or more.

Any Visa requires you to have followed UK laws - again nothing specific to the T1E
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

intrusive

Post by intrusive » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:39 am

you will definately need to pay in a pension scheme its the law that u have to offer work place pension to your employees your visa could be rejected on the basis of not offering pension to your employees .
As marcnath has suggested you for Nest its free only you need to contribute the right amount of yours and yours employees which your accountant can do easily.

Rocher

Nest - Pension Scheme.

Post by Rocher » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi All.

We are on Tier-1 Ent and going to apply for ILR next year. We need to enroll our employees on pension scheme. Is NEST'pension scheme acceptable/approved by Home Office.?

Thanks In Advance.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Nest - Pension Scheme.

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:00 pm

As repeated several times pension scheme registration is NOT related to the immigration rules. You need to follow all the rules/laws in the UK. Please seek the advice of your accountant/pension advisor :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice