ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting a passport

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

taken
Newly Registered
Ireland

Getting a passport

Post by taken » Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 pm

If I get the application for citizenship accepted (3 years married to Irish person ). do I need to supply any further documents or proof of marriage to obtain the passport or is it just next ceremony and off to the passport office?

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Getting a passport

Post by zepman » Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:06 pm

taken wrote:
Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:14 pm
If I get the application for citizenship accepted (3 years married to Irish person ). do I need to supply any further documents or proof of marriage to obtain the passport or is it just next ceremony and off to the passport office?
Your application for a passport would be independent of your application for naturalisation. So yes, you will need to submit other documents with your passport application (although not nearly as many as you did with your naturalisation application).

Proof of marriage is not required for passport applications. However, you will need to submit your marriage certificate if you changed your surname after marriage.

See the DFA webpage to see the full requirements.

taken
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by taken » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks,

I was a little concerned, A friend who's sister went through the process she her sister needed to provide proof that she was still married to her husband when applying.

I'm not with my irish spouse anymore and i'm still waiting for approval.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:49 pm

As stated before the Passport Office will only require a marriage/civil partnership certificate if you changed your last name after marriage, if not then you are fine.

Depending on the stage your application for citizenship is, they may ask for more documents down the line. Did you notify the Citizenship Division that you are longer with your Irish spouse? I would recommend to notify them but it’s up to you, in their letters to applicants the Citizenship Division always emphasize that any change in your circumstances ( employment, marriage/civil partnership, etc.) must be notified immediately.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

taken
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by taken » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:28 pm

no of course not.

I wouldn't want to put the application at risk.