ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Application question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bobnl
Newly Registered
Netherlands

EEA Family Permit - EEA National registration certificate number

Post by bobnl » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm

Hi All,

I live/working in the UK and I have a Dutch passport. My wife is from Asia. My wife is making an EEA Family Permit application to move to the UK. She is doing the application through visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. .I am working in the UK (permanent job) but I don't have an EEA National Registration Number.

Now the application form is asking her for my EEA National Registration Number, which I don't have. This is a mandatory field in the application. Has anyone had this problem and actually solved it? Do I need to make this EEA registration number application? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Xter27
Lithuania

Re: EEA Family Permit - EEA National registration certificate number

Post by Xter27 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:34 pm

If I remember correctly, this would be the number of your Registration Certificate/EEA QP.

Such document confirms that you are a qualified person in the UK, but I wouldn’t think it’s mandatory, though it could speed up the process.

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: EEA Family Permit - EEA National registration certificate number

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:44 am

bobnl wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:44 pm
Hi All,

I live/working in the UK and I have a Dutch passport. My wife is from Asia. My wife is making an EEA Family Permit application to move to the UK. She is doing the application through visa4uk.fco.gov.uk. .I am working in the UK (permanent job) but I don't have an EEA National Registration Number.

Now the application form is asking her for my EEA National Registration Number, which I don't have. This is a mandatory field in the application. Has anyone had this problem and actually solved it? Do I need to make this EEA registration number application? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
Put N/A

bobnl
Newly Registered
Netherlands

EEA Family Permit Application question

Post by bobnl » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm

HI All,

I am a Dutch national, my wife is from Asia. I moved to the UK 4 weeks ago. Just completed 1 month in the UK. I don’t have my National insurance number yet. My jobcentre appointment is on 27 July. First I will get the temporary NI number, after 6 weeks I will receive the permanent NI Number. I have a full-time job. I am applying for EEA family member permit to bring my wife to the UK.

When I look at the requirement for EEA family member permit at https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/docume ... st-provide

It says. "You must show that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence or is one of the following if they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months:"

My question is 1) Do I have to wait for 3 months before I apply for the EEA family member permit for my wife? 2) Can we apply for EEA family member permit without my National insurance number?

Please advice.

Thanks, Bob

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: EEA Family Permit Application question

Post by Richard W » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:56 am

bobnl wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm
It says. "You must show that your EEA family member has a permanent right of residence or is one of the following if they’ve been in the UK for more than 3 months:"

My question is 1) Do I have to wait for 3 months before I apply for the EEA family member permit for my wife?
No. You only have to show you are a QP or have PR if you've been in the UK for 3 months. As you've been in the UK for only one month, you don't have to.
bobnl wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:04 pm
2) Can we apply for EEA family member permit without my National insurance number?
Yes. You may be treated as a visitor - visitors usually don't have national insurance numbers.

Things may go wrong if the EEA FP takes a long time to process, but it ought not to take a long time to process. They are sometimes issued quickly. At the moment, it seems your wife will be using her right to accompany you during your initial 3 months in the UK, which is why you don't need to show that you are a QP. (If you can show you are a QP, you may avoid time troubles.)