ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa to Unmarried Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mg123
Newly Registered

Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa to Unmarried Spouse Visa

Post by mg123 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:37 pm

Hello everyone.

My girlfriend and I have been together over 2 years now initially meeting in Australia. We started off in a hostel before then moving in together in Australia. We then spent 1 month in Canada together followed by 1.5 months in the UK which took us to mid Jan 17. My girlfriend then went back to Canada and got her visa approved to start on the 22nd March. She then arrived in the UK on the 6th April and began to live with me straight away.

For 15 months we have now lived together with my parents and have the correct evidence to prove this. We are also moving to a flat next week that I have purchased but we will have shared bills etc so enough evidence to prove the relationship.

The issue arises that in 9 months when her visa expires on the 22nd March 2019 that we will have been officially living together for 14 days short of 2 years (not including living together in Australia and spending 2.5 months in Canada and London together)

I've read over this forum a few times with ideas such as sending the application by post on the last day of her visa which means she'd be unable to work while we wait for a response or applying for the same day service.

I'd really appreciate some advice on the best way to approach this as obviously our plan has been to continue living together in the UK and always thought that the 2 years visa started from when she arrived in the UK.

Thanks a lot!