ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa (BIVS)

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

lora28
Newly Registered

Visit Visa (BIVS)

Post by lora28 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:34 pm

Hi All,

I hope you can help me. I'm a British citizen and live in the UK. My parents live in India. Last year I gave birth to my daughter and my mother visited me to help me after my delivery and it was great to have her. Unfortunately my father had his visa refused as visa officer didn't want to grant visa to both my parents. He applied again in 2018 as just him without my mother but got refused again. This will be 3rd refusal for my father since 2015.

Sorry to go into so much detail. I'm now wondering if my parents applied for British Irish Visa Scheme they may be able to visit me. Looking at Ireland website for visit visa amongst list of things to submit, it mentions you should include if you've been refused entry in another country. This is annoying as they may still have issues with this visa because previous UK visa refusals might reflect badly and they may once again get refused! ☹️

I want to know your thoughts on this please. Should we try and pursue this route or go back to UK visa and respond to them and explain and reason in a form of a new application? Anyone out here had any experience with bad history with UK visa but had Ireland visa granted? Any information you think might help with my case will be really useful I'm sure. Please let me know or advise if you can.
Many thanks

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Visit Visa (BIVS)

Post by zepman » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:34 pm

Do you know on what grounds his visa was refused those 3 times?

lora28
Newly Registered

Post by lora28 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:34 pm

Latest refusal was basically saying how he hasn't addressed the issue raised in last refusal (visiting me for 6 months every year since 2011- they assumed 180 days visa meant they could leave after 120 days for example) and eco not having confidence in their finances as they receive savings every month but he incorrectly put that under pension since that's how he sees his pension I guess. Eco couldn't find pension in his statement but can see savings. It was a mistake ☹️

lora28
Newly Registered

Post by lora28 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:22 am

Anyone with advise? Do you have experience of UK refusal but granted visa for Ireland?
Thank you

ryuzaki

Post by ryuzaki » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:31 am

So basically he was refused on the grounds that you are not supposed to use the family visit visa to effectively live in the UK for extended periods, right? It sounds like that is what they are saying.

lora28
Newly Registered

Post by lora28 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:15 pm

In summary, yes. I would however argue that my father's time spent in the UK is less than India.They have also been unclear about acceptable minimum days on family visit visa up to 180 days , so you never know.

Anyhow, it's pointless discussing this as there is no opportunity to appeal. What I would like some advise on is whether anyone with bad UK history had any success with Irish visa? Or does anyone know if the 2 countries exchange information on individuals where it will have an impact on my father's Irish visa/BIVS application?
Please advise.
Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:14 pm

The UK and Ireland do share immigration information yes. So if applying for Ireland, best to declare about refusals if asked.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lora28
Newly Registered

Post by lora28 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Thanks. I wonder if it has any impact on Irish visa though? If they applied and said they just wanted to visit the place instead of having any links to me, can they potentially have more success? It's rather sad to think they would do better by showing no connection to me than declaring they have a daughter and granddaughter in the UK 😟