ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-Eu spouse schengen visa for Netherlands rejected

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Omi00007

Re: Non-Eu spouse schengen visa for Netherlands rejected

Post by Omi00007 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 pm

I received this email from SOLVIT earlier today:

Hello Mr xxxxx

I have confirmed with SOLVIT Netherlands that they had contacted the Migration Service and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about your application. A response was received confirming that it did appear that the visa should not have been refused, and an agreement was made that the application would be reconsidered and that you would be contacted directly.

I hope to hear in due course that the decision has been overturned and the visa issued.

Regards

xxxxx
UK SOLVIT Centre | UK Single Market Centre

Sounds like SOLVIT did help after all and the Netherlands Embassy staff in Pakistan we spoke to mis-informed us by saying that the decision was reviewed because of our appeal and not because we complained to SOLVIT.

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:30 am

Omi00007 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:07 pm
I received this email from SOLVIT earlier today:

Hello Mr xxxxx

I have confirmed with SOLVIT Netherlands that they had contacted the Migration Service and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs about your application. A response was received confirming that it did appear that the visa should not have been refused, and an agreement was made that the application would be reconsidered and that you would be contacted directly.

I hope to hear in due course that the decision has been overturned and the visa issued.

Regards

xxxxx
UK SOLVIT Centre | UK Single Market Centre

Sounds like SOLVIT did help after all and the Netherlands Embassy staff in Pakistan we spoke to mis-informed us by saying that the decision was reviewed because of our appeal and not because we complained to SOLVIT.
congratulation omi , can you please check my post :)

europe-immigration-forum/schengen-visa- ... 53465.html

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Omi00007 wrote:

Hello Mr Omi, any update ?

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:11 pm

MAGDA-PL wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:58 pm
Omi00007 wrote:

Not really - We haven't heard anything back from the Netherlands Embassy in Pakistan and when tried to contact them they refused to provide any update.

On the other hand, received a letter from IND Netherlands last week in response to our appeal/objection and they basically said they will make a decision in 12 weeks!

Contacted SOLVIT this week and provided them with a copy of the letter, however, haven't had any response from them, as yet.

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:49 pm

Omi00007 wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:11 pm
MAGDA-PL wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:58 pm
Omi00007 wrote:

Not really - We haven't heard anything back from the Netherlands Embassy in Pakistan and when tried to contact them they refused to provide any update.

On the other hand, received a letter from IND Netherlands last week in response to our appeal/objection and they basically said they will make a decision in 12 weeks!

Contacted SOLVIT this week and provided them with a copy of the letter, however, haven't had any response from them, as yet.
I'm sorry to hear that. I thought u have been already granted the visa. They are using delaying tactics and I hope and pray for u that it will be sorted out soon. We sent appeal after 2 weeks from being rejected a visa and contacted solvit in Poland. Within 9 days we got the reply and they said they transferred our case to solvit Netherlands. Now we r waiting for an update from their side. Polish solvit said it may take even 8 weeks. Was it same in your case? After submitting ur application to solvit, how long it took solvit to reply u on email that agreement was made?

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:16 am

@MAGDA-PL I wish we had the visa issued and tbh we should have had it issued by now but don't what is going on with our application atm.

SOLVIT UK didn't really reply to me until I emailed them telling them that we were contacted by the Netherlands Embassy in Pakistan. From personal experience they are quite bad with communication and never answer their phone either.

I wish you best of luck and hope you get the desired decision for your case soon.

FaarzH

Post by FaarzH » Thu May 03, 2018 11:03 am

Omi00007 wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:16 am
@MAGDA-PL I wish we had the visa issued and tbh we should have had it issued by now but don't what is going on with our application atm.

SOLVIT UK didn't really reply to me until I emailed them telling them that we were contacted by the Netherlands Embassy in Pakistan. From personal experience they are quite bad with communication and never answer their phone either.

I wish you best of luck and hope you get the desired decision for your case soon.
inshAllah everthing will be fine soon

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:10 am

Good news - we collected the passport today and a single entry visa has been issued for 45 days with 30 day stay.

Best of luck to everyone with their process!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Wed May 09, 2018 9:48 am

Congratulations Omi! Made me happy to hear this. I can't believe they took so long though. What is it, well over a month since Solvit had a word with them?

By the way is this just for a visit or settlement?

Anyway have a safe trip and thanks for sharing with us.
Omi00007 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:10 am
Good news - we collected the passport today and a single entry visa has been issued for 45 days with 30 day stay.

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Wed May 09, 2018 10:58 am

@Caravel88 Many thanks for your support. It has been over a month, indeed and I am glad it's finally over now and we can look forward to planning and eventually enjoying our holiday.

This is purely for visit. I have considered settlement but that'll be in Spain, end of this year or early next year.

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Wed May 09, 2018 6:19 pm

Omi00007 wrote:

congratulations, extremely happy for ya, please pray for me as well, Poland solvit sent the case to solvit Netherlands we are waiting to hear from them!

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Wed May 09, 2018 8:17 pm

MAGDA-PL wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:19 pm
Omi00007 wrote:

congratulations, extremely happy for ya, please pray for me as well, Poland solvit sent the case to solvit Netherlands we are waiting to hear from them!
Wish you best of luck mate! keep us all posted so others can benefit from your experience, please.

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Fri May 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Omi00007 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 8:17 pm
MAGDA-PL wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 6:19 pm
Omi00007 wrote:

Wish you best of luck mate! keep us all posted so others can benefit from your experience, please.
yeah, buddy, I will, let's see what it brings for us!

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:29 pm

hey omi how are you , can you please post covering letter which you gave to netherland for tourist purpose !

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:37 pm

Hi MAGDA-PL,

I am good, thank you. Hope you are doing well, too.

Please see the covering letter from my spouse and the letter of support from myself below, which we submitted when we applied for the Netherlands visa:

Letter from Applicant

Date:
Netherlands Embassy in Islamabad
Diplomatic Enclave,
Sector G-5,
Islamabad,
Pakistan

Dear Sir/Madam,

Visa Application for Family Member of an EEA Citizen (Ref: 123456789)

Please find enclosed my application for a visa as the spouse of an EU Citizen. I confirm that
I will be accompanying my husband (ABC) to Netherlands.

I also enclose my passport, copy of my spouse's passport and marriage certificate to confirm
our relationship.

I understand that there is no legal requirement to submit any of the following:
bank statements
pay slips
letters from your present or future employer or school
letters of reference
proof that you will return at the end of the trip
airline tickets
confirmed hotel bookings
references or guarantees from people in the destination country

May I respectfully draw your attention to the following, taken from Directive 2004/38/EC
where a visa is required,
“Member States shall grant such persons every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such
visas shall be issued free of charge, as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated
procedure”

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully,

XYZ

Letter from EU Citizen

Netherlands Embassy in Islamabad
Diplomatic Enclave,
Sector G-5,
Islamabad,
Pakistan

Date:

Application Reference Number: 123456789

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE: Application for a visa for the Family Member of an EU Citizen - XYZ

Kindly note that I (ABC) am the husband of the above named applicant and I intend to
travel to Netherlands for a holiday with my spouse.

Please also note that my wife wishes to apply for a visa to accompany me, as is her right as
the family member of an EU Citizen.

To assist in the application please find enclosed the following:

1. Visa Application Form
2. Passport of Applicant
3. Copy of EU Citizen's passport
4. Marriage Certificate
5. Family Registration Certificate
6. Hotel Booking
7. Intended Travel Itinerary
8. Travel Insurance

I understand that the visa should be issued under the Directive 2004/38EC in a timely
manner and should be free of charge.
Under this Directive there is no requirement that my family member should submit any of the
following:
bank statements
pay slips
letters from your present or future employer or school
letters of reference
proof that you will return at the end of the trip
airline tickets
confirmed hotel bookings
references or guarantees from people in the destination country

From the Directive 2004/38/EC, Article 5.2 (Right of Entry relating to non EEA Family
members), “2) Family members who are not nationals of a Member State shall only be
required to have an entry visa in accordance with Regulation (EC) No. 539/2001 or, where
appropriate, with national law. For the purposes of this Directive, possession of the valid
residence card referred to in Article 10 shall exempt such family members from the visa
requirement.

Member States shall grant such persons every facility to obtain the necessary visas. Such
visas shall be issued free of charge as soon as possible and on the basis of an accelerated
procedure.”

Yours faithfully,

ABC

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:07 pm

thank you omi, i spoke with few experts on forum and i am looking forward to get know more views

is it a good idea to apply for new embassy or should we apply again to netherland with short stay purpose

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 am

Reasons to close as unresolved

The authority has indicated that the client has objected to the decision which is, of course, their right to do
so. However, they do not want to anticipate their reaction to the objection. Therefore, mediation
through SOLVIT is unable to solve the problem of the applicant in the near future. We advice the applicant
to submit a new complaint when the decision ion on appeal is not satisfactory.

Follow Up

Follow Up recommended to the complainant:
Other

Follow Up Comments
The authority will reconsider their decision in their decision on appeal.

After waiting 8 weeks we got this reply from solvit Poland. our appeal result will be on 2nd of August. Can anyone advise us what can we do now?

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:15 pm

It's sad that SOLVIT didn't help at all in this matter but please do not give up.

Best I can advise is to submit a new application to another Schengen state and hope for the best.

My wife and I travelled to Amsterdam and from Amsterdam to Spain for our 8 day holiday. Now we are looking to visit Germany and have an appointment at the German embassy in Pakistan on 6th of August.

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 am

Omi00007 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:15 pm
It's sad that SOLVIT didn't help at all in this matter but please do not give up.

Best I can advise is to submit a new application to another Schengen state and hope for the best.

My wife and I travelled to Amsterdam and from Amsterdam to Spain for our 8 day holiday. Now we are looking to visit Germany and have an appointment at the German embassy in Pakistan on 6th of August.
the reply we got after 5 days , we asked for explanation and got this !

SOLVIT was not able to help you, so the case was closed as unresolved. I gave you my reasons in the email, I attached a report from the database

Omi00007

Post by Omi00007 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 am

MAGDA-PL wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:33 am
Omi00007 wrote:

SOLVIT was not able to help you, so the case was closed as unresolved. I gave you my reasons in the email, I attached a report from the database
How are you getting along with submitting a fresh application? have you decided which country you will apply to this time?

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:27 am

Omi00007 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 am
MAGDA-PL wrote:
Omi00007 wrote:

How are you getting along with submitting a fresh application? have you decided which country you will apply to this time?
i will update you shortly

allain

Post by allain » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:02 am

My dad recently got 5 years RC in Netherlands, first we applied for his family permit then applied for RC it was very long process and took nearly one year with too much expenses every month.

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:33 pm

Omi00007 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:24 am
MAGDA-PL wrote:
Omi00007 wrote:

launched new application to german embassy got same refusal like netherland and poland

justification for the purpose and intention to leave the territorry , what BS is going on with us , seriously tired of this drama

allain

Post by allain » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 pm

launched new application to german embassy got same refusal like netherland and poland

justification for the purpose and intention to leave the territorry , what BS is going on with us , seriously tired of this drama

Hi Magda
You can apply to any embassy in EU they are all now connected to each other, hopefully you will get your answer soon.
Best of Luck.
Dziękuję

MAGDA-PL
Mood:
Poland

Post by MAGDA-PL » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:32 am

allain wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi Magda
You can apply to any embassy in EU they are all now connected to each other, hopefully you will get your answer soon.
Best of Luck.
Dziękuję
after applying to netherland 15 days ago we applied for germany now germany also put same refusal on us , justification for the purpose and intention to leave , seriously dont know where the heck i am doing wrong