ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TB Test Requirements for British Children Born Abroad and Entering UK For The First Time

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

TB Test Requirements for British Children Born Abroad and Entering UK For The First Time

Post by shakil.saif79 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:57 am

Dear members,

My children were born abroad and have British passports. They are 5 years of age and will be travelling to UK for the first time. Being british citizen are they required TB Test? Can my children enter the UK without TB Test?

my wife has now got spouse visa. I have her TB Test certificates as the documents were returned to me in the UK. Does she need to present TB Certificate at the airport upon arrival in the UK?

A quick reply will be very much appreciated.

regards,

Shakil

vinny

Re: TB Test Requirements for British Children Born Abroad and Entering UK For The First Time

Post by vinny » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:11 am

British Passport holders do not require TB tests as they are not subject to the Immigration Rules.

They may ask to see wife’s certificate at the airport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

shakil.saif79
Mood:
Pakistan

Re: TB Test Requirements for British Children Born Abroad and Entering UK For The First Time

Post by shakil.saif79 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Dear Vinny,

Many thanks for your email and confirming that my children do not require TB Test as they have British Passport. I also contacted Migration health department in Pakistan who carries out TB test for applicants. They also said they never did TB Test for someone who already have a British passport.

My children were born and lived in Pakistan for 4.5 years. That is why i was bit concerned.

Do you know what document to present to immigration control board at heathrow apart from passport, TB Test and English certificate.

I would like my wife to carry all required documents if any.

Thanking you all for your continuous help.

regards, Shak