ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Dependent Ink Stamp for NO TIME LIMIT?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ChristineRH
Newly Registered
Germany

Re: EEA Dependent Ink Stamp for NO TIME LIMIT?

Post by ChristineRH » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:01 pm

Hi Guys,
After lengthy hoohaa I had a consultation with an immigration lawyer today and he mentioned this stamp as well and said to completely ignore the family permit. I am over in Jamaica and plan on taking him back with me but am worried that they won't let us board the flight in Jamaica with virgin. Can airlines refuse you to board the plane?

Daniel197
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Daniel197 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:01 am

Hi,my wife had a visa family stamp from Calais with no limit,to answer the question I'm sure that that according with the immigration rules 2016 who have this stamp have right to live in UK can live and work in the united kingdom the time that is married to the family member, does not even need the rezidence card after 3 months, however they say it is better to apply for the rezidence card because sometimes those who hire you for work do not know the laws, or for go outside or in , but all this is not mandatory because you have the right that the relative while they are married,I apply for a universal credit join and I have the answer that my wife it's entitled because me have a right to reside and work .

cjramirezs
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by cjramirezs » Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:06 am

Daniel197 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:01 am
Hi,my wife had a visa family stamp from Calais with no limit,to answer the question I'm sure that that according with the immigration rules 2016 who have this stamp have right to live in UK can live and work in the united kingdom the time that is married to the family member, does not even need the rezidence card after 3 months, however they say it is better to apply for the rezidence card because sometimes those who hire you for work do not know the laws, or for go outside or in , but all this is not mandatory because you have the right that the relative while they are married,I apply for a universal credit join and I have the answer that my wife it's entitled because me have a right to reside and work .
Please Daniel could explain or share your experience?.

which documents you present at?
transports? bus or ferry?
which words did u use to ask for?
what the officer ask u?

thanks n advance!

Regards

sunshine10
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by sunshine10 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:05 am

Euindianspouce wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:17 am
Oliver12 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:20 am
Hi guys

Anybody in this forum could please advise me with the dependent ink stamp
I've applied for family permit and planning to withdraw the same as the wait time is more than 150 working days (7 months calander days)
I and my wife reside in India currently and my wife is a Portuguese citizen (eea national) since she's from Goa, hence she was eligible to obtain for a Portuguese passport, but never ever been to any european countries
That means she never ever had a residence card,hence can we still travel to UK together and get a dependent ink stamp on my Passport at the airport

Just a lil bit confused, any help in this matter will be really appreciate

Thanks
Oliver
Hi Oliver
Checkout my post.
My suggestion is withdrawal your application and appostile ur documents.
Book tickets to Belgrade stay there for 2-3 days and take flight to London from there.
I have back up plan also Belgrade to Budapest by train 7 hrs journey u can get entry stamp there also then u can go to London via Germany and Paris by train or coach.
If wizz air don’t let u board u can go to Budapest with Schengen entry steam u can go to Moldova. Air Moldova flights going to stansted air port 100% lets u board.
HI Euindianspouce

could you please update about your travel . was is a success?

kind freagrds

sunny

rociosantana87
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by rociosantana87 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Hello All.

I've been reading the posts in this thread and they are really very helpfull. I am only now starting to look into how i can move with my husband to the UK. We are both Argentinians, but my husband holds an Italian Passposrt, and has double citizenship (Argentinean / Italian) but lives in Argentina wth me.

We want to go to the UK by the end of the year, and while according to these posts it seems not so had to get the EEA stamp on my passport, I wonder if my husband should be a "qualified" citizen at the time of entry, or we can both fly together and ask for the stamp anyways.
Neither of us would have proof of employement yet, we can only state an address (my sister in law) in London.

Can you advise?
Thanks so much for any answers!

Rocio

tiems
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by tiems » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:48 pm

Hola Rocio,

I do not believe he needs to be a qualifying person, as you’re asking for right of entry, not right of residency. If you wanted to stay beyond 3 months, he would need to be a qualifying person.

Me and my husband travelled in and he received this stamp while I was very clear that I did not reside in the UK, but was an EU citizen who wanted to enter as a tourist with my non-EEA spouse.

cjramirezs
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by cjramirezs » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 am

tiems wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:48 pm
Hola Rocio,

I do not believe he needs to be a qualifying person, as you’re asking for right of entry, not right of residency. If you wanted to stay beyond 3 months, he would need to be a qualifying person.

Me and my husband travelled in and he received this stamp while I was very clear that I did not reside in the UK, but was an EU citizen who wanted to enter as a tourist with my non-EEA spouse.

Please could explain or share your experience?.

what the officer ask u?

thanks n advance!

Regards

tiems
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Post by tiems » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:10 am

Our story is quite anti-climactic, I suppose. In part due to my husband being a US citizen and the fact that he could have entered under a tourist Visa, and because he already held an Article 10 residency card from Spain. However, since the EU citizen line was much shorter, and we didn't feel like filling in a landing card, I opted for the EU citizen line and indicated I wanted to exercise my treaty rights for a short, touristic visit.

The officer indicated that she would need to put a special stamp for this, and asked us some questions to verify that we met the criteria. We also presented his Spanish Article 10 residency card, but she did not accept this as proof as 'it did not have English text on it.'

She seemed satisfied, however, after her questions and did not ask us to provide any documentation. Rather, she went back to her supervisor and then stamped his passport with a stamp saying: "admitted to the united kingdom under the immigration (eea) regulations 2016." It did not have any written text under it specifying a time limit.
cjramirezs wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:30 am
We presented our passports and my husband's Spanish article 10 residency card. The officer responded that she could not accept the card since it didn't have English text on it. We did not present any civil partnership certificate, or other proof of cohabitation.
cjramirezs wrote:
Arriving at Gatwick Airport
cjramirezs wrote:
I indicated that I wanted to exercise treaty rights to allow my husband to come into the UK with me for a short visit.
cjramirezs wrote:
what the officer ask u?
She asked us the following:
  • When we had met.
  • How long we had been living together.
  • How long we had been in a civil partnership.
  • Whether I was employed.

rociosantana87
Newly Registered
Argentina

Post by rociosantana87 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:27 pm

tiems wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:48 pm
Hola Rocio,

Hi Tiems,
Thanks so much for your answer, and for sharing your experience. I'm wondering after reading your last post, when you say "for a short visit" the stamp they put on your husband's passport would still allow him to work for example if he wanted to, correct?
From what I've read, the stamp would allow me, as wife of an EU citizen, to work, etc. until I get recidency or sometyhing more permanent. Am I correct?

Thanks again!!

Rocio

Zakbattioui1943
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by Zakbattioui1943 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:38 am

[quote=observer_haters post_id=1528719 time=1504253324 user_id=174011]
Dependent Stamp :

[url=https://ibb.co/iKBEZ5][img]https://thumb.ibb.co/iKBEZ5/20170901_084715.jpg[/img][/url]
[/quote]

Hii my friend
I just want to thank for the informations you have provided it was very helpful and i also did the same thing based on your information and some others and im in london now with the same no limit stamp and its all good the only difference is that i took the bus from paris to london by calais ,
The only thing that worry me now is that i need to work and NINO is very important i just like to know how i can have it , my wife has her appointment on the first of august when i called to get one they told me i cant i need like residence card ,
So how to get NINO or right to work in UK with this NO LIMIT stamp ?

Erjam
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Erjam » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:47 pm

Please can anyone help with this stamp I’m allowed to work? Please
Thank you indeed

gusavancini
Newly Registered
Brazil

Post by gusavancini » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm

Erjam wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:47 pm
Please can anyone help with this stamp I’m allowed to work? Please
Thank you indeed
I have the same stamp and my interview for the NiNo will be in January, I would like to know if I can be able to work as well :(

About appeal if refused, does anyone has information about this?