ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 to ILR as a teacher

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

USAtoUK2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Tier 2 to ILR as a teacher

Post by USAtoUK2018 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:53 pm

Hello, I have my premium appointment this week and wanted to do a few final checks from the experts. I've been lurking here for a while and the advice I've read so far has been fantastic. I'm applying on the 5 year Tier 2 route, no dependents. I'm a teacher and have worked in the same school the whole time.

Q1. Do I have to provide my own birth certificate, or just my passport?

Q2. As I work in a school and have school holidays where I do not have to work, does my employer have to mention these in the Employer Letter? Eg. Summer holiday to Australia where I missed no work. Currently, the Employer Letter states "In addition to the time off work shown, XXXX has also had additional holidays abroad as detailed in his SET (O) application. He did not miss any work for these holiday." Would that be good enough?

Thanks very much in advance!

USAtoUK2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: Tier 2 to ILR as a teacher

Post by USAtoUK2018 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:09 pm

Forgot to add this question but can't seem to edit the original post anymore:

Q3. Here is the list of documents/evidence that I’ll be submitting. If you spot anything missing or extraneous, any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Appointment Booking Checklist
    2-page application form that prints out after paying for online premium application
    SET (O) Application
    Life in the UK pass letter
    Employer Letter with absences
    Additional statement of salary from employer (it states it in the letter too)
    Most recent payslips x3 (online printed, stamped by school)
    P60s x5 (online printed, stamped by school)
    Most recent bank statements x4 (the most up to date one was printed in branch with each page stamped)
    Passport
    Biometric Residence Permit
    Photocopies of current and old BRP (old BRP was retained by Home Office after renewal)
    Photocopies of current and old passport photo page (old passport was used to come to the UK as a tourist before but never on a visa)
    Previous Tier 2 Approval letters x2
    PGCE Degree Certificate from UK University
    Qualified Teacher Status certificate and confirmation letter
    Newly Qualified Teacher Induction Year completion confirmation letter

USAtoUK2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by USAtoUK2018 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Does anyone have any advice?

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Post by Djsuccess » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 am

USAtoUK2018 wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:53 pm
Hello, I have my premium appointment this week and wanted to do a few final checks from the experts. I've been lurking here for a while and the advice I've read so far has been fantastic. I'm applying on the 5 year Tier 2 route, no dependents. I'm a teacher and have worked in the same school the whole time.

Q1. Do I have to provide my own birth certificate, or just my passport?
You dont need birth certificate.

Q2. As I work in a school and have school holidays where I do not have to work, does my employer have to mention these in the Employer Letter? Eg. Summer holiday to Australia where I missed no work. Currently, the Employer Letter states "In addition to the time off work shown, XXXX has also had additional holidays abroad as detailed in his SET (O) application. He did not miss any work for these holiday." Would that be good enough?
Any holiday and time spent outside of the UK must be listed and confirmed irrespective of them being term-time or not.
Thanks very much in advance!
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:52 am

There's no limit on holidays beyond beyond 180 days. Just get a letter from your employer.

Can you please update us after your appointment? I am in a similar situation.

USAtoUK2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by USAtoUK2018 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:00 pm

After the advice here, I've had my employer change the letter so it now includes ALL of my holidays abroad even though they were not during working hours. Cheers!

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:52 pm

Hi, just wanted to check if your appointment went smoothly?