ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Was May right in not challenging Trump's views on migrant

This is the area of this board to discuss the referendum taking place in the UK on 23rd June 2016. Also to discuss the ramifications of the EU-UK deal.

Differing views will be respected. Rudeness to other members will not be welcome.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Obie
Ireland

Was May right in not challenging Trump's views on migrant

Post by Obie » Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:41 pm

I was disheartened and physically sick to see the red carpet being rolled for Donald Trump.

Trump is a very unpleasant person, a man whose conduct is beneath the dignity of the office he occupies. He has shown no regards for the office of the presidency. He thrives on sowing discord and vilification of minority ethnic groups.

He has become a Brexiteer, as they are the only group he can identify with.

I have seen many press conferences between leaders before, but the one between Trump and May on Friday was the one that made me nauseated the most.

Hearing that psychopath talking about migrant and people of colour in the way it did was just too much. Hearing him talk about how minorities have destroyed europe and its culture was extremely painful.

Was it sufficient for May to just give her own version, was it not incumbent on her to correct and repudiate those Rabid and hateful views?

We see hitler, how he was able to thrive because of people like Teressa May, who refuses to take them on.

Is it not time the UK abandon this delusion of a trade deal with America and take on Trump, take on his hate and division and give up some lecture of the benefits of multiculturalism?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Was May right in not challenging Trump's views on migrant

Post by Richard W » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:45 am

Obie wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:41 pm
Is it not time the UK abandon this delusion of a trade deal with America and take on Trump, take on his hate and division and give up some lecture of the benefits of multiculturalism?
Be careful what you urge. You, as an Irishman, appear to want the UK out of the EU. There may still be time for the UK to come to its senses and stay in the EU so as to frustrate the project of union.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:18 pm

Richard W wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:45 am
stay in the EU so as to frustrate the project of union.
I had a thought on similar lines. With Euro-scepticism on the way up in the EU, perhaps it is time for the UK to stay in the EU. I think there is broad support for the EU in the UK, just not the unbridled liberal variant.

It is likely that the 2019 elections may see Eurosceptics form the second-largest group in the European Parliament. The Eurosceptic/anti further integration voices have also become much louder in national governments, from Poland and Hungary to Italy, Austria and even Germany.

I think it is time that the EU pauses on change and focusses on where it wants to go next, and be willing to engage with voices against further integration, nay, perhaps even undoing some existing integration. And if the EU is willing to introspect and consider rolling back from ideological positions, there is an argument to be made for the UK to remain inside and help reform it.

Euroscepticism is no longer just a British position. It has a much wider resonance in the rest of the EU. And I think it is time that the EU addresses the issues that integration causes, rather than treating it as an ideological holy cow.
Obie wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 5:41 pm
give up some lecture of the benefits of multiculturalism?
I would leave that task to the Belgians and the French, who have received praise for showcasing their multiculturalism in their World Cup football teams.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm

I think this has gone off topic a bit but i will discuss this "more or less integration issue".

The UK did not leave because of more integration, as there was an opt out for the UK. The UK left because it cannot accept people who it perceived as different it from coming to its country. It does not like the Poles, the Lithuanian, and so on. It was told by deceitful brexiteers that it will be able to abandon all its obligations to the EU, but enjoy all its benefit, that was the reason why the UK left,not because of integration.

I believe in more integration, with the threat of white supremacist like Trump and scums like Putin and others, UK needs to integrate more politically and defensively. Furthermore if the Eurozone is to survive, then there must be more more financial integration and fiscal discipline. Without more integration, Europe will be in significant problem.

I hear the things that Trump said about NATO, and how Putin is a friend and the EU is a foe, i hear him talk about withdrawing troops, it is time EU gets its house in order, try and get rid of of this Brexit problem and its effect, and unite together towards the formation of this EU army, and forget about NATO. You cannot have EU's security in the hand of an unstable and unreliable persons like Trump, it will throw Europe under the bus to get a good relationship with Russia and Putin.

My view is that more integration is required, Otherwise the EU is finish.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

rooibos
Member of Standing

Post by rooibos » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:10 am

Obie, most, if not all that is currently being said about migrants of all races and colour (they come here to scrounge and steal; they breed like rabbits; they are ungrateful and destroy our country) was once said about the Irish. What are you surprised of?

The EU is a great project that has kept peace and prosperity for the last 60 years and is better off without the British spanner in the works.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Obie wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:35 pm
I hear the things that Trump said about NATO, and how Putin is a friend and the EU is a foe, i hear him talk about withdrawing troops, it is time EU gets its house in order, try and get rid of of this Brexit problem and its effect, and unite together towards the formation of this EU army, and forget about NATO.
For those who know a little history, the prospect of French and Spanish troops in Ireland and all the continental channel ports is quite alarming. You'd better hope the UK worries about defending the Baltic countries and not about defending its south coast and the Atlantic approaches.