ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - New Online Application

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tier2genmisery

Re: British Citizenship - New Online Application

Post by tier2genmisery » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:02 am
tier2genmisery wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:54 am
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm
tier2genmisery wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:23 pm

3-Do I need to provide any employer letters or anything else employment related? No

Very interesting... This means that the paper form supporting document requirements are different than online form requirements and this makes online application a lot easier than the paper one. It would take me at least 2 months to get letters from 5 employers !
A lot of people are talking about sending employer letters on this forum so this makes me quite frustrated..

Not required. Pls remember the form is also used for EU nationals who are required to submit such evidence. [minimal docs required for naturalisation, it is not a rerun of visa or ILR.

Might be worth adding this to the FAQs as I have come across other people on this forum confused by this 'employer letter / p60 / payslip' supporting doc conflict between the online form and the paper form.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am

tier2genmisery wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:12 am
CR001 wrote:
tier2genmisery wrote:
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:43 pm
Applicant should read the AN guidance notes and AN booklet while completing their forms. It explains clearly when letters or P60s are required on page 14 in the AN guide.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 am

CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am
tier2genmisery wrote:
CR001 wrote:
tier2genmisery wrote:
Applicant should read the AN guidance notes and AN booklet while completing their forms. It explains clearly when letters or P60s are required on page 14 in the AN guide.
That bit on p14 of AN guidance is clear but then there is this other bit at end of Form AN (p31 -Section 10) which says you need to prove National Insurance contributions through employer letters, p60s or payslips... and that's why it gets confusing..Dont you agree?
Section 10 requirement isn't conditional and it seems like everybody needs to provide these...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:33 am

tier2genmisery wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:29 am
CR001 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:19 am
tier2genmisery wrote:
CR001 wrote:
That bit on p14 of AN guidance is clear but then there is this other bit at end of Form AN (p31 -Section 10) which says you need to prove National Insurance contributions through employer letters, p60s or payslips... and that's why it gets confusing..Dont you agree?
Section 10 requirement isn't conditional and it seems like everybody needs to provide these...
Like many members before you, completing your NI number is usually sufficient. Most only take P60's but they are often not taken and included by the official when applying through NCS or NDRS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Delmar
Newly Registered
Germany

Post by Delmar » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi everyone..

I have a very quick (stupid?) question. The referee declaration pages - I've named and glued the photos. Is it OK that I have also filled in the "applicant's name" in the first page? The form is a little unclear as it says "this part of the form should be filled by the by the applicant's referees"?

I thought it was the "declaration" (signature & date/name) that was the important part?

Thanks..

old_boy
Newly Registered
Bulgaria

Post by old_boy » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:39 pm

@Delmar,

I believe it's the referee who should fill in your name.

Another question: When filling in the number of the PR card, should you enter the leading letters like that: "UKF 1234567", or you should just enter "1234567"?

TSharma
Newly Registered

Post by TSharma » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place and this has been asked before in other forum. I did a quick search however couldn’t find the answer to my query:

My question is regarding using Online MN1 form with NDRS+JCAP. Gov website say if you want to apply for passport with BC you should use paper form, however on the processing timeline topic forum I have seen lot of people have applied Online with NDRS/NCS. Am I missing something?

Also, we apply for JCAP i.e. British Registration for the baby + passport. Is there a Ceremony baby need to attend? I can see people have posted timeline with no mention of any ceremony and receiving registration certificate and passport.

Thanks in advance!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 am

TSharma wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 pm
Please excuse me if I am posting in the wrong place and this has been asked before in other forum. I did a quick search however couldn’t find the answer to my query:

My question is regarding using Online MN1 form with NDRS+JCAP. Gov website say if you want to apply for passport with BC you should use paper form, however on the processing timeline topic forum I have seen lot of people have applied Online with NDRS/NCS. Am I missing something?

Also, we apply for JCAP i.e. British Registration for the baby + passport. Is there a Ceremony baby need to attend? I can see people have posted timeline with no mention of any ceremony and receiving registration certificate and passport.

Thanks in advance!!
To use NDRS jcap you use the online MN1 form and the paper passport form, ie not online passport form.

Applications under 18 DO NOT attend a ceremony.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

TSharma
Newly Registered

Post by TSharma » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:02 am
TSharma wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks in advance!!
To use NDRS jcap you use the online MN1 form and the paper passport form, ie not online passport form.

Applications under 18 DO NOT attend a ceremony.
Thanks CR001 for your quick response.

If child doesn’t need to attend any ceremony, does it mean child can travel out of the UK (to India) using his Indian passport after we have done the biometrics and use his British Passport (once received) to come back. Is there any issue ?

Lokanski
Newly Registered

Post by Lokanski » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:41 am

I have a question regarding the dreaded referees section.
I already have references, but they are for the paper form. Is it possible to complete the application and submit the references pages from old paper form on which they were put? Or will I have to contact my referees again(I really don't want to, it is very awkward).

Sam1140
United States of America

Post by Sam1140 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:24 pm

Do we suppose to receive a confirmation letter stating that ''supporting document received in HO''?

I have received an email after the online application submitted but never received a letter from HO saying the supporting documents received, I don't know whaetr we suppose to receive it or not, just in panicking mode after reading some users being told by HO that their supporting document never delivered

Appreciate if you can share your experience, thanks

Jangjang
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by Jangjang » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm

Hi

I am currently applying online for NDRS + JCAP for myself + my wife + 2 kids under 18 years.

I want to clarify referee requirements before submitting. Do I need to fill:

1. Two referees to cover all of us

or

2. Do I need two referees for each of us i.e. 8 referees.

Many thanks in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Jangjang wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:25 pm
Hi

I am currently applying online for NDRS + JCAP for myself + my wife + 2 kids under 18 years.

I want to clarify referee requirements before submitting. Do I need to fill:

1. Two referees to cover all of us

or

2. Do I need two referees for each of us i.e. 8 referees.

Many thanks in advance.
You can use the same referees provided they meet the requirement for each person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jangjang
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by Jangjang » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Many thanks for the quick response.

How many referees are downloaded after submitting?

..so I will need 8 referees i.e. two for each but I can use two referees if it applies to all?

How about the kids .. do they need a teacher, social care etc as a referee?

keleka
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by keleka » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Hi All.

I kindly need your help guys with my online application.

I am EU citizen (Polish).
one of the questions online is " Have you made any previous Immigration Applications in UK or abroad"?

2 years ago i have applied ONLY for Permanent Resident card (which i received). That was my ONLY 1 contact with Home Office.
should I answer YES or NO to above question?

Thank you

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Post by itsnotlupus » Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:44 pm

keleka wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm
Hi All.

one of the questions online is " Have you made any previous Immigration Applications in UK or abroad"?

2 years ago i have applied ONLY for Permanent Resident card (which i received). That was my ONLY 1 contact with Home Office.

Thank you
I answered yes and I’m in the same situation.

keleka
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by keleka » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm

itsnotlupus wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:44 pm
keleka wrote:
Hi All.

Thank you

Thank you so much for your answer.

I have one more question , Because as EU citizen i didnt have to provide any Biometrics till now. i understand i need to go to post office and do it after applying on line and printing out papers. Is there any time frame i need to do? Can i do it in the same day i have appointment with National Document Return service (which is withing 10 days?)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:04 pm

keleka wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm
itsnotlupus wrote:
keleka wrote:
Hi All.

Thank you

I have one more question , Because as EU citizen i didnt have to provide any Biometrics till now. i understand i need to go to post office and do it after applying on line and printing out papers. Is there any time frame i need to do? Can i do it in the same day i have appointment with National Document Return service (which is withing 10 days?)
Yes you can.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

keleka
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by keleka » Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:04 pm
keleka wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:03 pm
itsnotlupus wrote:
keleka wrote:
Hi All.

Thank you

Yes you can.
That is great, because i dont have to travel 30 miles each way TWICE. lol
Thank you all for answering .

keleka
Newly Registered
Poland

Post by keleka » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:24 pm

Hi All

I just made an appointment with NDRS . Beside applying for BC I also want to apply for passport at the same time.

NDRS sent me an email with some instructions what to bring with me and which sections of application for passport i should fill in. here it is:

" How to complete the passport application form:

Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4 6(if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Please note: the name on your passport application must match the name on your citizenship application and current passport. if they do not match, we are unable to process the passport application as well."

But booklet says something else.:

First British passport - Adult - sections 1,2,3, 4,and 9 The countersignatory must fill in section 10 and certify, sign and date one of your passport photos.

What should I do? Did anyone had same issue?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:44 pm

keleka wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:24 pm
Hi All

I just made an appointment with NDRS . Beside applying for BC I also want to apply for passport at the same time.

NDRS sent me an email with some instructions what to bring with me and which sections of application for passport i should fill in. here it is:

" How to complete the passport application form:

Applicants should complete sections 1, 2, 3, 4 6(if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form. They do not need to complete section 10 nor have the 2 photographs certified. Please note: the name on your passport application must match the name on your citizenship application and current passport. if they do not match, we are unable to process the passport application as well."

But booklet says something else.:

First British passport - Adult - sections 1,2,3, 4,and 9 The countersignatory must fill in section 10 and certify, sign and date one of your passport photos.

What should I do? Did anyone had same issue?

Thanks in advance
The guidance notes cover ALL types of applications, i.e. normal postal or NDRS JCAP. If you are applying for joint citizenship and passport, follow the advice you have received from the council as this is correct.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jangjang
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by Jangjang » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:05 pm

Hi

I am applying for NDRS + JCAT. Can I apply online using an expired passport?

Best regards

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:06 pm

Jangjang wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:05 pm
Hi

I am applying for NDRS + JCAT. Can I apply online using an expired passport?

Best regards
When did your passport expire??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Jangjang
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by Jangjang » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi my expired in Dec 2017
Many thanks

Jangjang
Newly Registered
Gambia

Post by Jangjang » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:31 pm