ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Test Requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

j2018
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

English Language Test Requirement

Post by j2018 » Wed May 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Has anyone used IELTS for UKVI (academic) as a proof of your knowledge of English?

The Tier 2 (General) visa application guide did not have precise information on this point; they did not explicitly tell us whether we should sit in IELTS UKVI Academic or General.

As I thought I might do a part-time postgraduate degree in the UK, I chose the academic module. However, in the IELTS website, they say the IELTS General is the requirement for migration to the UK, so IELTS General seems like a safer choice.

Could you please share your personal experience? Thanks a lot.

UKLL
Member of Standing
Malaysia

Re: English Language Test Requirement

Post by UKLL » Fri May 25, 2018 7:48 pm

hiend
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by hiend » Fri May 25, 2018 7:59 pm

My employer told me to choose either Academic or General. The point is that it must be UKVI, not casual IELTS.

j2018
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by j2018 » Sat May 26, 2018 11:20 pm

Thank you, guys. I have been doing research on this topic for days, and so far I haven't seen any Tier 2 application that was rejected because the applicant took IELTS for UKVI (Academic) test, instead of IELTS for UKVI (General).

And because of your information, I am surer that both of the exams are fine.

I am currently asking my lawyer to check if they have any successful Tier 2 (General) application using IELTS for UKVI (academic). If they can confirm, I will update you guys if you are interested.

Balam123
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by Balam123 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm

Hi,

Finally you get your visa using IELTS Academic?,
did you choose " Certificate"or "online reference number" in the question "How did you get your result?" (during application online)

cheers

Sk_7008
Newly Registered
India

Post by Sk_7008 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:00 am

Balam123 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:56 pm
Hi,

Finally you get your visa using IELTS Academic?,
did you choose " Certificate"or "online reference number" in the question "How did you get your result?" (during application online)

cheers
I have the same doubt, is it certificate or online reference number? I choose certificate?

Please confirm