ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

immigration status after separration non EU

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Alexey77
Newly Registered
Russia

immigration status after separration non EU

Post by Alexey77 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Hi everyone,
I do apologise if this question has already been asked.

So, my partner and I have been in a civil partnership since 2014. I'm Russian citizen, my partner holds UK passport. we lived in Russia, then moved to Spain and a year ago moved to the UK. Because we lived in Spain and both had Spanish residency permit I've applied for entry clearance as a civil partner of EU citizen (not UK), received entry clearance, we moved and after 6 months of paperwork nightmare I've received a 5 year residency permit in the UK.

At the moment things are not going very well between us and there is a possibility of a separation. Therefore, I have a question. As my residency permit was based on us being partners, what will happen to my immigration status if we separate? I work full time (permanent contract 20+ grand a year), have phone contract, bank account, paying taxes, social security etc.

It was not a fake marriage or something, moving to the UK at the time of getting CP was discussed but there were no plans whatsoever.

I do like the UK and really would want to stay, especially when after over 3 years abroad getting job and settling down at my home country will be a bit complicated.

Hope you can advise me.

P.S. from what I know my employer does not support visas.