ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

July 2018 restricted COS

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tej_san
Mood:
India

Re: July 2018 restricted COS

Post by tej_san » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:38 pm

krimurthy wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:06 pm
tej_san wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:03 pm
Those who are waiting for last 7/8 months, can you confirm how many times did your employer was sent queries and when?

In my case, my employer received queries in November and since then it's being refused. Now, my employer received queries this month directly after December!

In FOI figures, HO always provide information of 'granted' and 'refused' but not 'rejected' ones!

I can now understand why point is dropping to 41 even though there is a huge backlog. The applicants were getting refused in each band below 45 for last 8 months. However, their applications were never verified.

This month, HO is sending queries and verifying applications below 45 level too. This means a lot of applications may have been 'rejected' or kept on 'pending' to next month due to non submission of information to queries.

So, valid and verified applications are being granted. That means not the whole lot had valid applications and that's the reason the cut-off is dropping.
I don't think so. If they needed more information they would have requested before 10th July. Since it has happened to you that doesn't mean that it's the same scenario with others as well. Having said that your point will get confirmed once the other with 45 gets rejection.
Hi Krimurthy, Sorry I couldn't understand what do you mean here. I know they request more information before 10th and my employer did get it and submitted before 10th. However, if the information is not submitted before deadline or HO is not satisfied with the information, it gets rejected.

My employer received queries when they submitted for RCoS very first time in November. Since then it's being refused each month at 30 points with no queries. This month, my employer received the same queries again. Please note that the queries is a standard document common for all the applicants and there's no query specific to our application.

I raised a question about 6 months back on this forum that if the application is refused, does that mean that HO is satisfied with the application but it's just refused due to minimum score!

I think all the applications in the system are sorted according to their points and only top applications are verified. Let's assume top 3000 to 4000 applications are verified each month. In the current scenario, it may be possible that the bottom applications never received queries in last 6 months and they started getting queries from July month due to the rule changes.

And yes, applicants with 45 points may get rejection if HO is not satisfied with the documents or queries not replied on time.

AshleyEB40
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by AshleyEB40 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:56 pm

Kat259 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:21 pm
The secondary school teacher again. I posted yesterday about my questions. We heard today I’ve been rejected, however, they told us to apply again. Is that a good sign?

I am non-SOL, non-NHS and was sitting at 29 points.

With the redo I am now at 30 points as they have upped my salary and have also redone the RLMT. I’m so much more optimistic reading through people’s posts. We can do this everyone!
Thank you for letting us know. So many of us know exactly what it feels like to get that rejection email. I think you are coming in at a good time in the process with the changes and should not have a long wait like some.
Absolutely apply for next month! You should still be good for when school starts if the points drop that low in August! Good luck!

belmonte
Newly Registered
Mood:
Brazil

Post by belmonte » Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm

UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 pm
belmonte wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:48 pm
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I've been following this board from the last 4 months. I've applied twice to get RCoS, but both have been refused. I suppose I have 38 points. No NHS, No Phd, No shortlist occupation. So, my employer needs to re-do the RLMT. In this case, should I participate in the whole process again or do they just need to advertise and that's all?

I mean, should I need to re-apply to the job position, do everything again or it is unnecessary?

Thanks for the help.
Hi, the answer will be no.
I am just confused, and I have some questions for you:
Have you been refused for this month, July, and they will re-run the RLMT because is expired? or It was in June and you are waiting for the RLMT to be done to re-apply for RCOS?

Also, can you confirm your base salary please?

Thank you and good luck to everyone.
Hi,

The job was posted in December. I received the offer in March and the the company applied to get RCoS in April and May, without success.

My salary base is 38k without allowances. So, I have 38 points.

They declined the offer after been refused in these two attempts. The RLMT has expired.

Now, I’m wondering if I would need to apply again to the position in case they want to redo RLMT.

Good lucky everyone!!

UKdecapp2017
Newly Registered
Dominican Republic

Post by UKdecapp2017 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:26 pm

belmonte wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:58 pm
UKdecapp2017 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:56 pm
belmonte wrote:
Hi Guys,

I have a question. I've been following this board from the last 4 months. I've applied twice to get RCoS, but both have been refused. I suppose I have 38 points. No NHS, No Phd, No shortlist occupation. So, my employer needs to re-do the RLMT. In this case, should I participate in the whole process again or do they just need to advertise and that's all?

I mean, should I need to re-apply to the job position, do everything again or it is unnecessary?

Thanks for the help.
Hi, the answer will be no.
I am just confused, and I have some questions for you:
Have you been refused for this month, July, and they will re-run the RLMT because is expired? or It was in June and you are waiting for the RLMT to be done to re-apply for RCOS?

Also, can you confirm your base salary please?

Thank you and good luck to everyone.
Hi,

The job was posted in December. I received the offer in March and the the company applied to get RCoS in April and May, without success.

My salary base is 38k without allowances. So, I have 38 points.

They declined the offer after been refused in these two attempts. The RLMT has expired.

Now, I’m wondering if I would need to apply again to the position in case they want to redo RLMT.

Good lucky everyone!!
Hi.
Thank you for your confirmation.

Now that you have explained all this , I think is better if you ask your employer or maybe someone here that has been in that position they may know better, I honestly do not know if the process of re-running a RLMT changes in the case when the offer has been previously declined.

astana
Australia

Post by astana » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:51 pm

belmonte wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the help.
Talk to your company and ask what their process is. They might want you to reapply for the job (if it hasn't been already filled). As for the RLMT, they will have to decide if they want to go ahead and re-advertise the job for the RLMT. You don't have to do anything on your end for the RLMT, unless they ask you specifically to re-apply, which is up to them and not officially needed.

No one can tell you what your company will do apart from them.

civeng2017

Post by civeng2017 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:17 pm

It will depend on your company, if you have to go through their processes again.

For the purpose of rcos you don’t need to apply and interview again as the company can prove via rlmt that the shortage exists.

I applied on their website again just to be sure though :)

roophysio
Australia

Post by roophysio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:40 am

Does someone have a list (or a link) of the number of unsuccesful applications in each band from say 30-40 from last month?

I know someone posted the numbers from 41-45 earlier in the thread.

It would be good to see to get an understanding of the chances for people getting through next month who have sub 40 points

londondreams2018
India

Post by londondreams2018 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:05 am

roophysio wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:40 am
Does someone have a list (or a link) of the number of unsuccesful applications in each band from say 30-40 from last month?

It would be good to see to get an understanding of the chances for people getting through next month who have sub 40 points

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ng-1185762

Sadsadsad
Newly Registered
Saudi Arabia

Post by Sadsadsad » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:15 am

Did anyone else get through at 41 points? :D

UK2018London
Newly Registered

Post by UK2018London » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 am

Hi All, one update and one follow-up question.

Update: RCos approved 45K, non NHS, non PHD, non SOL. Good luck for all others still waiting.

Question: Next step is to apply for visa and I am a dependent with my partner as main applicant. In the documents required it says criminal record check is needed. Can someone please let me know if its needed for both the applicant or just the main?

Main applicant will be working as IT Consultant in NHS GP surgery.

Dependent will be in IT company as software developer.

Many thanks for the help.

civeng2017

Post by civeng2017 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:36 am

UK2018London wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 am

Update: RCos approved 45K, non NHS, non PHD, non SOL. Good luck for all others still waiting.

Question: Next step is to apply for visa and I am a dependent with my partner as main applicant. In the documents required it says criminal record check is needed. Can someone please let me know if its needed for both the applicant or just the main?

Congrats! That would however be a Visa question for a different part of the forum. Please check to see if a thread exists or start your own, people are sure to assist you there :)

As much as we’d like to know about the rest of the approvals....
1. It is only 07:30 in the UK, far from 09:00

2. The numbers of people between remaining bands are so few that they might not be adequately represented on this forum to come and give us feedback. We can hope though that there are people here in every band that will come and give us feedback.

Hopefully the official results come out a little bit earlier this month, so that we can all be sure of exactly what the cut-off was.
Last edited by civeng2017 on Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:37 am

UK2018London wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:23 am

Kindly start your own topic for questions about your visa applications.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

SC28
Newly Registered
India

Post by SC28 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:41 am

Sadsadsad wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:15 am
Did anyone else get through at 41 points? :D
Did you get through 41 points? Non nhs non sol? I am waiting at 42 points.

roophysio
Australia

Post by roophysio » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 am

londondreams2018 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:05 am
roophysio wrote:

Thanks a lot for that. Very helpful. I didnt realise how many people sit over 70 points!

So doing some very quick maths...

1866 were granted at 60 and over last month.

1384 were sitting between 43 - 55. It looks like most of these have been cleared. So unless we hear that people are getting through with points lower than 43 could we assume that there were still roughly 600 successful applications over 55 points??

Say that trend continues next month, there could be about 1200-1300 RCOS for people scoring under 60 points. I have no idea how many new applications would come in for people between 43 and 55 - we would have to look back at a few months data.

By my calculation there are still 675 unsuccessful applications sitting between 35 and 42 points from June. That number will obviously grow with new applications in July and August.

I just cant see how there will be a dramatic points drop next month?? As I said I am really surprised how many are over 60 (and these are the ones clearing every month). There cant be that many doctors applying at that level, and certainly not nurses.

Would it be more realistic to expect the level to be at the high 30s, low 40s in August??

DhirajG
India

Post by DhirajG » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:11 am

roophysio wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:56 am
londondreams2018 wrote:
roophysio wrote:

Thanks a lot for that. Very helpful. I didnt realise how many people sit over 70 points!

1384 were sitting between 43 - 55. It looks like most of these have been cleared. So unless we hear that people are getting through with points lower than 43 could we assume that there were still roughly 600 successful applications over 55 points??

Say that trend continues next month, there could be about 1200-1300 RCOS for people scoring under 60 points. I have no idea how many new applications would come in for people between 43 and 55 - we would have to look back at a few months data.

By my calculation there are still 675 unsuccessful applications sitting between 35 and 42 points from June. That number will obviously grow with new applications in July and August.

I just cant see how there will be a dramatic points drop next month?? As I said I am really surprised how many are over 60 (and these are the ones clearing every month). There cant be that many doctors applying at that level, and certainly not nurses.

Would it be more realistic to expect the level to be at the high 30s, low 40s in August??

I would say lets not analyze and keep making assumptions. Just have some patience and wait till the results are declared.

londondreams2018
India

Post by londondreams2018 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 am

roophysio wrote:
londondreams2018 wrote:
roophysio wrote:

There are consistently over 400 nurses each month into shortage quota every month and over 300 doctors each month which are approved. There are a lot of doctors sitting somewhere between 35-45 points who were consistently rejected every month and the list for doctors was piling up. The points dropping in due to all these people being out of race this month. I have seen some other FOI which says number of doctors applied in March was over 1000 out of which only 300 odd were approved while in April over 800 doctors applied and again only 300 were approved. You can do as much research by numbers but real result can never be predicted.

venugopal
India

Post by venugopal » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am

RCOS approved. 43 points. :D :D :D
Non SOL, Non Phd, No milk around, No allowances
Its just the salary 43k and RLMT.

Good luck to all.

DhirajG
India

Post by DhirajG » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:36 am

venugopal wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:31 am
RCOS approved. 43 points. :D :D :D
Non SOL, Non Phd, No milk around, No allowances
Its just the salary 43k and RLMT.

Good luck to all.
Congrats man !
Great news for us below 40.

rcos_1
Newly Registered
India

Post by rcos_1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:54 am

Hi Guys,

Its good each day we get to know the points are coming on a lower side which is very positive for the people who are in the range 30-40.

Does anyone till now received a refusal who are in range between 30-40 points?
I am waiting since January at 30 points.If this doesnt go this month my employer will again need to do a RLMT and then apply for RCos

shide44
Australia

Post by shide44 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 am

Has anyone heard back this month on whether they've been successful or not?

I am more hopeful that given theyve taken out doctors and nurses this will drop the salary requirements all the way down. I am on 40K and 50 points (I think) and this is the second and sadly for me last month I am trying for this.

:( :(

anilisanil
Mood:

Post by anilisanil » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:08 am

shide44 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:04 am
Has anyone heard back this month on whether they've been successful or not?

I am more hopeful that given theyve taken out doctors and nurses this will drop the salary requirements all the way down. I am on 40K and 50 points (I think) and this is the second and sadly for me last month I am trying for this.

:( :(
Hi, If your total salary is 40k and you are coming through RLMT, then you would have 40 points not 50.

If your points were 50, you should get through though.

shide44
Australia

Post by shide44 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am

oh shit! i must've calculated this wrong. I thought you get 30 point if they advertise your job and prove no one else can do it and then 20 for getting paid the appropriate rate for your job?

amit2453
Mood:
India

Post by amit2453 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 am

My employer was applying since january but no luck. And in July they said they don't have any allocation left and they have applied for it. Once approved they will apply for RcoS again. What does this mean. Do they have to apply 1st to get allocation to apply for RCoS.

astana
Australia

Post by astana » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:10 am

roophysio wrote:
londondreams2018 wrote:
roophysio wrote:

No, your 'quick calculations' will not be accurate unless, as someone else has said, you take into account the removal of doctors and nurses AND the removal of doctors who were waiting in the June queue, of which I doubt there is any data available

I would caution against doing such calculations unless you have a more complete set of numbers, your prediction confused me before I read it properly & will only serve to confuse others who skim read and might take your working of the numbers to heart. I've been waiting for months and months and let me tell you, no prediction so far has turned out to hit the bulls eye

anilisanil
Mood:

Post by anilisanil » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:22 am

amit2453 wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:38 am
My employer was applying since january but no luck. And in July they said they don't have any allocation left and they have applied for it. Once approved they will apply for RcoS again. What does this mean. Do they have to apply 1st to get allocation to apply for RCoS.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... l_v1.0.pdf

23.11 and 23.18

In essence, your employer will have an initial limit set on number of RCoS he can apply. If for any reason he needs more RCoS, he first has to apply for increase in limit.