ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bring Russian girlfriend to the UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

jfmombiela_
Newly Registered
Spain

Bring Russian girlfriend to the UK

Post by jfmombiela_ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Hi,

I would like to get more information about the possibility to bring my Russian girlfriend to London.

We met this Summer in London, and since then, we have been dating and meeting in several places such as Istanbul, Georgia and now she will come to London for her birthday. I am providing this information as according to what I have been reading is important in order to request the visa. We also have pictures together of all the places we have visited, all conversations on WhatsApp are saved and the record of all flight tickets we have bought.

Currently, we are open to all options. We found out that the easiest one to make this happen is getting married as we don't meet the criteria for an unmarried partnership. According to the information that we have, once we are married, she can apply for an EEA Family Permit to enter the UK (valid 6 months), and then an EEA Residence Card (valid 5 years) once she is here. We will need to prove that me (the Spanish citizen) is exercising my EU treaty rights by working, so by submitting recent payslips and corresponding bank statements (I have been already living and working in the UK for 2 year - so I don't think that should be an issue), and that we have a genuine relationship (photos together, proof of visits, the marriage certificate itself). Other than that, I understood that the applications are quite simple.

Are there any special requirements for them to approve this? How many times should we have met? And how many times should we have gone to Russia/Spain/London? Is it better getting married in the UK or in Spain? As I read, if we would get married in the UK, she would need a marriage visit visa. How could the Brexit affect the EEA Family Permit?

Kind regards

jfmombiela_
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: Bring Russian girlfriend to the UK

Post by jfmombiela_ » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:40 pm

Hi,

Could you help here, please?