ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Citizenship application and poor immigration history

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

moonasoft
Newly Registered

UK Citizenship application and poor immigration history

Post by moonasoft » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:01 am

I have just received my ILR based on British Spouse 5-YEAR route (SET(M)). I now want to apply for British citizenship.

My query is below.
I arrived in the UK in March 2004 as a Student and got couple of extensions on student visa.

My student visa ran out on 26th of February 2008 and I applied for FTS (fresh talent scheme) visa on 28th of February based on Degree from Scottish university. After few weeks my FTS application was refused and was told to leave the country within 28 days. I was told that when I made the application I was over stayer by 2 days and was not eligible for FTS application, without right of appeal.

I left the country on 10th April 2008 and applied from home country(Pakistan) and got the FTS visa on 22nd of MAY 2018.

Above was the background immigration history.

Now I am applying for British citizenship, would this cause any problems specially around person of good character rules that are now introduced.

Though the time since I left the country until today is just over 10 Years. Also please note when I was refused the FTS visa I immediately contacted local enforcement office and complied with the requirements and left voluntarily.

Please Kindly advise on this matter.

Thanks.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: UK Citizenship application and poor immigration history

Post by cyclina1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:27 am

You overstayed but more than 10 years, just declare and the offense will be disregarded.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.