ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Final documents checklist + questions

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

ILR questions

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:09 am

Hi All,

Sorry for silly questions, just want to make sure I am on the right track.

I would really appreciate if Gurus could help with the following questions:

1. Where can I find the latest Policy Guidance for applying to ILR from Tier 2 Gen? Looked to HO website but didn't find any info.
2. Where can I find the latest Policy Guidance for applying to ILR as a dependant on Tier 2 Gen on the same time as the main applicant? Looked to HO website but didn't find any info.
3. Please confirm the dependant should use SET(O) form for ILR in this case (Tier 2 Gen dependant).
4. Does dependant need to show payslips, letter from employer and bank statements? If yes, should the statements have any funds?
5. In the application form it is asking questions about monthly income. Do I need to enter only my income or our income combined? The same question for dependant application form.
6. Could you please confirm there is no maintenance requirements so if I have 4-5K in my account that I am getting salary to it will be ok?
7. Do I need to provide last month's bank statements or last 3 months?
8. When it says "3 months" does it mean calendar months or just 30 days, for example June 5 - July 5 - Aug 5 - Sep 5? Or it should be whole June, whole July and whole August?
9. Our child was born in the UK and currently has dependant visa. Please confirm it is ok to not include her in our application form for ILR as we can apply directly for British Passport for her once our ILR will be successful.
10. Please confirm it is not an issue that we are using credit cards and have some balance there that we pay monthly. Also I have a credit from Creation and also pay it months. Never had any issues with both credits, all paying on time.
12. We can apply 28 days earlier starting from the date when we got our first Tier 2 Gen visa.

Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR questions

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:18 am

1 & 2 - there is no 'separate' guidance. It is the Set(O) guidance notes for ILR. If you have specific queries, best to ask on the forum.

3. If applying together, it is ONE form for main and dependent together.

4. No.

5. Yours

6. There is no maintenance fund requirement for ILR.

7. Last month payslip and bank should be fine, however most submit 3 months of each.

8. Depends on your pay cycle. Bank statements must match your pay dates so HO can see your salary credit.

9. You DO NOT have to include your child. You can REGISTER your child as British once you have ILR. This is a separate process required before you can get a British passport.

10. HO don't care about your expenses.

12. Yes, provided you both qualify and had your initial visas issued at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:34 am

Hi CR001,

Thank you so much for quick and professional reply. Really appreciate it!

I might have more questions as I go as if you don't mind I will ask them in this thread to not flood the forum with different topics.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 am

You're welcome. Yes please continue in this topic if you have further questions.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:23 am

Hi CR001,

1 more questions please:

I had a credit card balance and decided to take a loan last year to make that balance 0 (loan has a way less % and was a better deal). I took the loan, made my balance 0. I now again have some balance on my credit card but paying everything without issues (loan + credit card balance every month) although not paying a lot of money against credit card balance, just required minimum so it doesn't really go down. Paying loan on monthly basis as agreed via direct debit and already paid around 30%. Never had any issues from that companies, credit card company even increases my limit and no negative credit score, etc. I am paying everything off, don't have any issues but I was reading about Good Character guide and a bit worried about paragraph 6.2 where it says that "However, where a person deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, the decision maker will normally refuse the application". Does it mean that my application can be refused because of this? Or this is not related? Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:36 am

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:42 am
You're welcome. Yes please continue in this topic if you have further questions.

Hi CR001,

1 more questions please:

I had a credit card balance and decided to take a loan last year to make that balance 0 (loan has a way less % and was a better deal). I took the loan, made my balance 0. I now again have some balance on my credit card but paying everything without issues (loan + credit card balance every month) although not paying a lot of money against credit card balance, just required minimum so it doesn't really go down. Paying loan on monthly basis as agreed via direct debit and already paid around 30%. Never had any issues from that companies, credit card company even increases my limit and no negative credit score, etc. I am paying everything off, don't have any issues but I was reading about Good Character guide and a bit worried about paragraph 6.2 where it says that "However, where a person deliberately and recklessly builds up debts and there is no evidence of a serious intention to pay them off, the decision maker will normally refuse the application". Does it mean that my application can be refused because of this? Or this is not related? Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:14 pm

Sorry for being too annoying on this but will greatly appreciate if someone could shed light on this. Thanks a lot!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 pm

Not an issue if you are paying. Make sure you don't have any CCJs.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:23 pm
Not an issue if you are paying. Make sure you don't have any CCJs.
Hi CR001,

Thank you so much for this!

I am pretty sure I dont have any CCJs as I never received any letters nor anything like that and my credit score is very high.

Do you know by a chance if I can check this via Experian? I ordered my credit record from them but didnt find anything related to CCJs. Maybe it will be visible if I subscribe to their monthly service? Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:10 pm

Ok I just subscribed to Experian pay monthly scheme and it shows I do not have any CCJ, bankruptcy, etc.

So this means that I am all good regardless the amount of credit card and loan debt I have (around 11k all together) that I am paying montlhy without issues even if that number go up but I still pay my minimum payments monthly? Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Absence letter / passport stamps

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:59 pm

Hi All,

My situation is that I travelled a lot of times (all within absence limit and are annual leaves though) and therefore my passport is quite messy with different stamps.

Sometimes I left the destination country on, for example, 10th evening, then arrived to the UK on 10th night and stuck in passport control queue so my passport was stamped by Home Office on 11th (after midnight).

So in this scenario my employer will say I was on holiday from 1 to 10 but the caseworker will see the stamp date 11th in my passport and this might confuse them.

I just want to make caseworker's life easier in identifying all the stamps and really don't want them think my employer letter is not accurate as it says one date but some stamps in my passports have a different date.

So my questions are:

1. Is it ok to ask my employer to include stamp dates and passport pages in the absence letter for my ILR or Home Office might think I had a direct impact on my employer and suspect something?

2. If point 1 makes issues can I compose this explanatory letter myself separately and attach to my employer's letter?

3. Can you please advise exactly what should be included in my employer's absence letter? My understanding is that it should be:

- Number of holiday days the applicant has each year
- Date the applicant left the UK
- Date the applicant returned to the UK
- Reason for travel
- Notes

Does it need to include Country the Applicant Visited?

Does it need to include Short Weekend Leaves and Public Holiday Leaves (for example, left the UK on Fri and returned on Mon when Fri and Mon were Public Holidays)?

Does the letter should show absences for each year separately or from the date applicant got his first Tier 4 visa: Like 10 Sep 2013 - 10 Sep 2014 - 10 Sep 2015, etc or all absences in 2013, all absences in 2014, etc?
If it is a period (10 Sep 2013 - 10 Sep 2014) then how the employer should show holiday allowance for each year?

Thanks a lot and sorry for a messy question!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

PEO 42 days and change of rules

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi All,

I am aware that we can book an ILR priority service online 42 days before our planned date.

So, if I book my application 42 days in advance and, obviously, pay for priority service and then Home Office suddenly change any regulations in that 42 days that will affect my ILR application (for example, if they increase salary for specific SOC), then will I be safe from that amendment as I booked and paid before that change applied or this will still apply to me so I will have to cancel my entire appointment? Thanks.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

SETO online vs paper

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:20 pm

Hi All,

I am really sorry for opening so many topics!

I noticed that we can apply for ILR eiter online or by completing the application. I prefer the online version but noticed that online version doesn't contain many questions paper based application has. For example, list of countries the applicant is citizen of and has links (social, family, cultural). Or about monthly income and how much from that income is for house rent.

Am I missing something or this is how it should be and I just need to relax and complete the online form? :)

Thanks a lot and sorry again for so many posts. Just want to triple check everything before I apply. Thanks!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

ILR application: 2 questions

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Hi All,

Sorry again for posting too much today. This is my last question for today (hopefully).

In the ILR form:

1. When did you first enter the UK?

Do I need to enter the date I came to the UK for the first time to study (2010) or the date when I was first granted my first Tier 2 visa (2013)? Thanks.

2. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I was only living in my home country so I need to add my home country from my birth date until the date I moved to the UK. All clear with this.

However, after I came to the UK I visited my home country once for a holiday for a week. Do I need to include this too or not required as it was just a short holiday? Thanks.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:51 pm

DO NOT start a new topic for each question. You must stick to this topic for all your ILR related questions :!: :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:04 pm

Zimba wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:51 pm
DO NOT start a new topic for each question. You must stick to this topic for all your ILR related questions :!: :!:
Hi Zimba,

Thanks for putting all this here and sorry for multiple topics - I thought these are different questions and the topic will be messed if I combine them.

Will stick to this one :) Thanks!

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: SETO online vs paper

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 am

Sorry guys, can anyone help with the questions above please? One topic but many different questions )

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application: 2 questions

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:28 am

VirtualWaver wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:35 pm
Hi All,

Sorry again for posting too much today. This is my last question for today (hopefully).

In the ILR form:

Do I need to enter the date I came to the UK for the first time to study (2010) or the date when I was first granted my first Tier 2 visa (2013)? Thanks.

2. Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?

I was only living in my home country so I need to add my home country from my birth date until the date I moved to the UK. All clear with this.

However, after I came to the UK I visited my home country once for a holiday for a week. Do I need to include this too or not required as it was just a short holiday? Thanks.
1. I am fairly certain the question also states '.....on which this application is based', i.e. Tier 2.

2. Yes, it does say including your country of birth. It asks about 'living' not 'visiting' for this particular question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Re: ILR application: 2 questions

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:28 am
VirtualWaver wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:35 pm
Hi All,

In the ILR form:

1. I am fairly certain the question also states '.....on which this application is based', i.e. Tier 2.

2. Yes, it does say including your country of birth. It asks about 'living' not 'visiting' for this particular question.
Hi CR001,

Thanks again for your help!

1. I was also thinking so but in online application it just says this without "on which the application is based". Also, does my dependant need to put the same date as me or the date they came to the UK?

2. All is clear with this, thanks!

Also, another problem is that online version is significantly shorter than the paper-based one. It does not contain many questions the paper-based does both for the main applicant and dependants. Is there something wrong or it is the way it is and I will have no issues with online version? Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:46 pm

Please note that most of us cannot see the online forms and it would be unreasonable for any of us to register an account for each online application that members are asking about.

On the paper form, you can include your dependent on the same form. I don't know if the online is the same or if each person has to complete their own form. Note that the online system is relatively new.

You can put the start date of your current visa route as that is the basis you are applying for ILR.

You can add a note about your first arrival date if there is an 'additional information' section.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:00 pm

I can't see any questions about countries you'ce lived in on the paper SET O form?

Unless you mean "have you lived in any country for more than 5 years"?

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:22 pm

CR001 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:46 pm
Please note that most of us cannot see the online forms and it would be unreasonable for any of us to register an account for each online application that members are asking about.

On the paper form, you can include your dependent on the same form. I don't know if the online is the same or if each person has to complete their own form. Note that the online system is relatively new.

You can put the start date of your current visa route as that is the basis you are applying for ILR.

You can add a note about your first arrival date if there is an 'additional information' section.
Thanks!

The online form is pretty much the same as with Tier 2: you can add a dependant separately and complete their questionnaire.

There is no additional information section.

I will add this then as an info and fingers crossed.

It really confuses me that the online version has a way less questions than the paper-based one.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:26 pm

Akorotaeva wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:00 pm
I can't see any questions about countries you'ce lived in on the paper SET O form?

Unless you mean "have you lived in any country for more than 5 years"?
It's in online version, please see attached.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.55 KiB) Viewed 917 times

Akorotaeva

Post by Akorotaeva » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 pm

If you are worried about these questions, use the paper form instead as it doesn't have them.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:50 pm

Akorotaeva wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:44 pm
If you are worried about these questions, use the paper form instead as it doesn't have them.
Nah I prefer the online one, this is definitely not the most complicated answer.

I am just very curious that paper-based is so much different from online!