ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

NDRS+JCAP Online – Various clarifications/confirmations please

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Ancestor
South Africa

NDRS+JCAP Online – Various clarifications/confirmations please

Post by Ancestor » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:59 pm

Please could I ask one of the learned, moderators or knowledgeable members to confirm for me the points below that I have read up and followed here exhaustively? I apologise in advance that some of these points may have been covered already, and the lengthy post in one.

This site has been a blessing for my family and I since starting our relocation path in 2011 and finally in Oct this year, my wife and I will apply for Naturalisation via NDRS + JCAP booked for 10th Oct, having completed our 5yrs Ancestry + 1yr ILR.

I am aware the online application and paper AN form I am using as guideline have differences :-
  • 1) If my one professional referee (director of 2 owned companies) had a charge and non-custodial caution for a so-called fight more than 15 years ago (since applied successfully for a shotgun certificate and they disregarded), my understanding from the guidance and Booklet AN, this would be disregarded, and he would qualify as a professional referee?

2) We want to each start completing our online application forms and my understanding is that there is NO time limit on this, if we start now, filling in and saving repeatedly as many times as we wish prior to submission early Oct’18?

3) The questions around “previous husband or wife”, would my wife who was previously married over 30 yrs ago for 8 months then divorced, had no official documents or records in the changed name, such as identification documents or passports etc., I presume she would still need complete these details?

4) My wife has been a housewife in all our time in the UK, has not had any employment or NI contributions, and ito evidence for residence in the 6 yrs we have been here, what would be acceptable? Would her passport, like for myself, be sufficient and all that is required?

5) I understand that there is no requirement for employment, in order to apply for Naturalisation, I myself am in contracted employment at the moment, and my current contract ends mid-Sept. If in the unlikely event I should still be “unemployed” at time of application, where the questions ask for details of employment, should it be okay just to state “unemployed” where asks for details of employer?

6) My understanding per Guide AN, is that it is not necessary to provide P60’s for years up to 5th April 2018 nor Confirmation of Employment Letters, and that our passports are sufficient evidence?
    This despite the paper application on Pg. 31 for Supporting Documents saying:-
    “SECTION 10 Evidence of National Insurance contributions covering the relevant period:
    • payslips
    • P60’s
    • letter or letters from your employer or employers confirming you have worked in their
    employment including start and finish dates.”

7) My understanding is that the JCAP passport fee, will be deducted after completing the card details section on the passport application?

8.) My understanding for the Referee forms, I need print these out from the Online application PRIOR to proceeding to the Payment Section and before the submission of our applications?
    The reason I am asking, is that I would need do this sometime before submission, as I will need post to our selected referees for signature and completion. Is there any time restriction on how long before the application submission, that they need complete and sign?

9) From what I can gather, 3 photos will be needed, albeit I have read that some have said 4, and I would not need put name etc. on the backs, but would need attach 2 to each of the Referee Forms?

10) For the Passport Applications, it would appear I need provide our marriage certificate, birth certificates as well as each of our parent’s birth certificates, but these are not needed for our naturalisation?

11) Where it asks to ‘Give any reference numbers used in immigration applications’ is it alright just to give the ILR ref. # starting GM/VIS…., and not necessary to provide the prior outside UK app. Ref. # in 2012 I don’t have?

12) My understanding is that it is not necessary to list the one and only PCN Parking Fine I got and paid?

13) Is it necessary to submit a Cover Letter?

14) My understanding is that my wife and I complete and submit separate applications each?
I have learned so much invaluable information here, and a big thank you to all the Moderators and Senior Members who unselfishly give up their time to share their wealth of knowledge with us all.

Thank you